What's new

Omar Abdullah barred from performing Umrah due to marrying a non-muslim (Sikh) woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK-47

BANNED
Reaction score
Omar Abdullah barred from performing Umrah due to marrying a non-muslim (Sikh) woman

SRINAGAR: The Saudi Arabia government has denied permission to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for performing the Umrah. His martial status has been cited the cause of denial.

Kashmir grand Mufti says Omar can not perform the Umrah and termed the decision of Saudi government as landmark decision.

Omar along with his father and former chief minister Dr Farooq Abdullah was scheduled to leave for Umrah this month. "He has not been allowed by the Saudi government," said senior government official.

According sources in the government the documents for his Umrah were sent to Saudi embassy and they informed the Omar they "You are barred" and his non- Muslim wife has been cited the reason. "The column in which Omar has written the status has been encircled," the source said. It needs a mention here that Omar's wife Payal belongs to Sikh dynasty.

In Arabic, the word 'Umrah is derived from I'timaar which means a visit. However, 'Umrah in Islamic terminology, means paying a visit to Ka' bah, performing Tawaaf (circumambulation) around it, walking between Safaa and Marwah seven times. A performer of 'Umrah puts off his Ihraam by having his hair shaved or cut. 'Umrah can be performed along with Hajj and in other days as well.

Sources said after the denial Omar visited Ajmer Sharief to pay homage, "He visited the Ajmer Sharief and paid homage there," the sources added.

The officials and ministers in government are not ready to comment at all. "This is personal, I would not comment," said a senior officer adding, "Please do not quote me." "We are Jammu and Omar Sahib has left somewhere," he added further.

One of his ministers in his cabinet termed it strange question and said, "Please do not ask me this question, ask CM sahib."

Mufti Bashir-u-Din, the grand Mufti of Kashmir said that Omar can not perform the Umrah. "He is a Muslim and his wife is not Muslim," he said adding, "According to Islamic principals he can not and the decision of Saudi government is a landmark decision."

Utterly wrong. Yes, his wife may not be able to perform Umrah, unless she is a Muslim. But whether his marriage is objectionable or not, it should not have any bearing on his Umrah.

I think the decision is more to affect perceptions in Bharat, and to discourage interfaith marriages there. It brings to the attention of the people, that the Shariah doesn't allow such marriages.

Last edited:

SRINAGAR: The Saudi Arabia government has denied permission to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for performing the Umrah. His martial status has been cited the cause of denial.

Kashmir grand Mufti says Omar can not perform the Umrah and termed the decision of Saudi government as landmark decision.

Omar along with his father and former chief minister Dr Farooq Abdullah was scheduled to leave for Umrah this month. "He has not been allowed by the Saudi government," said senior government official.

According sources in the government the documents for his Umrah were sent to Saudi embassy and they informed the Omar they "You are barred" and his non- Muslim wife has been cited the reason. "The column in which Omar has written the status has been encircled," the source said. It needs a mention here that Omar's wife Payal belongs to Sikh dynasty.

In Arabic, the word 'Umrah is derived from I'timaar which means a visit. However, 'Umrah in Islamic terminology, means paying a visit to Ka' bah, performing Tawaaf (circumambulation) around it, walking between Safaa and Marwah seven times. A performer of 'Umrah puts off his Ihraam by having his hair shaved or cut. 'Umrah can be performed along with Hajj and in other days as well.

Sources said after the denial Omar visited Ajmer Sharief to pay homage, "He visited the Ajmer Sharief and paid homage there," the sources added.

The officials and ministers in government are not ready to comment at all. "This is personal, I would not comment," said a senior officer adding, "Please do not quote me." "We are Jammu and Omar Sahib has left somewhere," he added further.

One of his ministers in his cabinet termed it strange question and said, "Please do not ask me this question, ask CM sahib."

Mufti Bashir-u-Din, the grand Mufti of Kashmir said that Omar can not perform the Umrah. "He is a Muslim and his wife is not Muslim," he said adding, "According to Islamic principals he can not and the decision of Saudi government is a landmark decision."

I 100% agree with saudi government on there decision as islam is very clear on that.

A Muslim man can marry people of the book>>christians, jews But not hindu, sikh or buddah unless the woman converts and becomes Muslim so is the case with Muslim woman yet Allah preferred Muslim Man and Woman to Marry those who are Muslims....In this case this is not a valid marriage at all!! but why Saudi govt did not let him perform ummrah on Saudis now it...

Its very bad when human beings with same blood in the veins are discriminated in the name of religion. There is just one religion in world - Humanity.

ONE word ''UNTOUChABLES'' IF IAM NOT MISTAKEN thats part of your religion and not society

Its very bad when human beings with same blood in the veins are discriminated in the name of religion. There is just one religion in world - Humanity.

You mean same humanity that forces people to take shower if dalits shadow falls on them?

Its tricky but you can't really marry a Sikh without giving up Islam. Lol he should be happy they didn't treat him as an apostate. Islam is clear about it, you can't marry out of Islam.

It's not even a people of the book issue, thats an exception to the norm.

You mean same humanity that forces people to take shower if dalits shadow falls on them?

Its amazing how EVERYTHING turns into a " mine - is - better- than yours" situation.

The guy just made a casual remark. If Islam does not permit a man who marries out of religion to make a pilgrimage .. fine.

Yes dalits were & at times are treated poorly in Hindu society.. admitted & attempts to make corrections are afoot. Why should we forever ***** about everyting ?

None of us take advantage of what education gives us.. the ability to discern & think from the head not the heart.

Its amazing how EVERYTHING turns into a " mine - is - better- than yours" situation.

The guy just made a casual remark. If Islam does not permit a man who marries out of religion to make a pilgrimage .. fine.

Yes dalits were & at times are treated poorly in Hindu society.. admitted & attempts to make corrections are afoot. Why should we forever ***** about everyting ?

None of us take advantage of what education gives us.. the ability to discern & think from the head not the heart.
Islam does not have any rule as to barr a Muslim who has married out of Islam from the Hajj/Umrah. Islam forbids marriage out of Islam and if you go against Islam, what're you doing performing the pilgrimage?

i am not exactly sure but just wonder y would they not let him perform umrah. agreed that such marriage is not allowed in islam (coz of belief in different God or gods) but this doesnt mean u r not a muslim anymore and therefore cant perform umrah???

i am not exactly sure but just wonder y would they not let him perform umrah. agreed that such marriage is not allowed in islam (coz of belief in different God or gods) but this doesnt mean u r not a muslim anymore and therefore cant perform umrah???
When you do something that is forbidden in Islam then what does that mean?

When you do something that is forbidden in Islam then what does that mean?

So Saudi is keeping a huge databse of people who paid interest on their credit cards and declaring them non muslim?

all sorts of intolerant idiots (not just muslim ones) just want to show how big their $%^& is. there has to be reasonableness and then things shud be left to god. if not, then why not cameras in ur bedroom to check u r only doing what god allowed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom