What's new

Omar Abdullah barred from performing Umrah due to marrying a non-muslim (Sikh) woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats for god to pronounce, but my opinion is that as long as they don't repent and don't remedy their mistakes, their status would remain questionable.

There ARE bad Muslims too. Who will also goto hell...

Getting a bit confusing now!

Many Muslims claim that Muslims are in bad condition as most of them are not following their faith the correct way.

If that is true how can they judge others! Let him cast the first stone....

If that is true how can they judge others! Let him cast the first stone....
No, they can not judge others. But there are certain things which are common sense. Telling a lie is wrong just like saying truth is right. To point out these things, you are not required to be a devout muslim (or devout follower of any religion for that matter).

This religion does. If you don't like it, say so and stop calling yourself Muslim. If you want to call yourself a Muslim you must obey all the rules of Allah not just a few. That is again in the eyes of Allah there might be some mercy and your transgressions would be waived away. But from our side we should at least try our best.

Maybe god will understand his marriage out of love and make an exception for him. Maybe hes that special someone, who knows. But for the rest of us he did give his instruction down in WRITING.

You can't. You can't leave Islam.

You can't. You can't leave Islam.
Why not? If he changes his name and declares he is no longer a muslim, who will prosecute him? I know from where you are coming, but those rulings of Islam were only practicable several hundred years ago and only in Islamic countries. Salman Rushdie finally declared he is no longer a muslim, what happened? nothing.

No, they can not judge others. But there are certain things which are common sense. Telling a lie is wrong just like saying truth is right. To point out these things, you are not required to be a devout muslim (or devout follower of any religion for that matter).

Yes. But one never hears the demand to expel from Islam people who commit all of what I mentioned.

But here is someone demanding that SRK be declared a Non-Muslim!

Yes. But one never hears the demand to expel from Islam people who commit all of what I mentioned.

But here is someone demanding that SRK be declared a Non-Muslim!
First of all, someones opinion is not representative of rest of all. Secondly, what he is suggesting is good in a sense, since it would help preventing from lots of confusion. It is simple to declare yourself atheist or whatever suits your interests, and then do what ever you like. In that case, your actions cant be associated with the religion you follow.

Last edited:
Why not? If he changes his name and declares he is no longer a muslim, who will prosecute him? I know from where you are coming, but those rulings of Islam were only practicable several hundred years ago and only in Islamic countries. Salman Rushdie finally declared he is no longer a muslim, what happened? nothing.

Salman Rushdie lives in Britain, with the British Secret Service monitoring him 24/7. That's why he's alive.

In any Islamic country, anyone who publicly declares that he is no longer muslim will be killed by either the state, or by vigilante groups.

If Muslims were allowed to marry with women from Polytheist religion, it would be counter productive for a Muslim child who would now get his first information on religion from a polytheist mother.

Sikhism is mono-theistic.

It was actually a question to Zakir who claimed that SRK is no more entitled to be called a Muslim.

yes I am stinking to my point. Performing puja is haraam in Islam and srk does that because I have seen it. Here is the video to prove it. There is no such thing to believe in Allah and pray to Hindu god at the same time. He is musrik...

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, someones opinion is not representative of rest of all. Secondly, what he is suggesting is good in a sense, since it would help preventing from lots of confusion.

One never heard the same "suggestion" for all those opium growing Afghans, the mobile snatchers of Karachi, the suicide bombers and those who rear them, human traffickers, corrupt politicians, bureaucrats, generals et al.

What has SRK done that is worse than what these fellows do day in and day out?

yes I am stinking to my point. Performing puja is haraam in Islam and srk does that because I have seen it. Here is the video to prove it. There is no such thing to believe in Allah and pray to Hindu god at the same time. He is musrik...

Py7sFkIGi-k[/media] - shahrukh khan muslim

See my above post.

You fail to realize that by calling Hinduism names you are denigrating yourselves and your ancestors and second proving that you don't know what respecting other religions means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that also true for people who lie, drink, commit crimes, murders, deal in drugs that destroy whole generations, terrorists, pimps and sundry other such things?

I couture with asim aquill on these issue......

One never heard the same "suggestion" for all those opium growing Afghans, the mobile snatchers of Karachi, the suicide bombers and those who rear them, human traffickers, corrupt politicians, bureaucrats, generals et al.

What has SRK done that is worse than what these fellows do day in and day out?
What you have mentioned in the first part make you a bad citizen and a poor follower of Islam. What SRK has done is against the very basis of Islam, that is Monotheism (Tauheed). If Tauheed is not there, Islam is not there.

See my above post.

You fail to realize that by calling Hinduism names you are denigrating yourselves and your ancestors and second proving that you don't know what respecting other religions means.
He is not calling hinduism names. I dont find one thing in his post that says that. Second, once you are muslim, there is no connection whatsoever between you and your ancestors religious beliefs. If you have better things to discuss go ahead, else dont post just to increase the numbers of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom