What's new

Lost Islamic History

You know - I am also confused why UNESCO took that stand. But it has taken outrageous decisions before.

Because You are not willing to acknowledge that the oldest uni in the world is a Islamic uni in a Muslim country ... And you are going as far as to question the credibility of UNESCO for this !!! It is called bias my friend :)

Because You are not willing to acknowledge that the oldest uni in the world is a Islamic uni in a Muslim country ... And you are going as far as to question the credibility of UNESCO for this !!! It is called bias my friend :)
Naah... I don't think so. We have the most beautiful (semi)Islamic monument in India and I am proud of it. The date of the establishment of the universities leaves no doubt in my mind :)

Don't know why this thread lives on.

It would be a valid discussion if Muslims from modern day Pakistan and India were active students and scientists in any of the so called Islamic universities.

--- But sadly there is no such history.

instead

-- Muslims from modern day Pakistan and India have been active students and scientists in many of the Western (european and American) universities.

Thus our link to science and knowledge is all Western aka UK and USA.

It is time we stop insisting on dumb and mad houses called mad rassahs.

Such dumbness has brought us nothing but death, destruction, ignorance and arrogance.

Peace to all.

Don't know why this thread lives on.

It would be a valid discussion if Muslims from modern day Pakistan and India were active students and scientists in any of the so called Islamic universities.

--- But sadly there is no such history.

instead

-- Muslims from modern day Pakistan and India have been active students and scientists in many of the Western (european and American) universities.

Thus our link to science and knowledge is all Western aka UK and USA.

It is time we stop insisting on dumb and mad houses called mad rassahs.

Such dumbness has brought us nothing but death, destruction, ignorance and arrogance.

Peace to all.
True - we have failed to protect our ways of learning...and failed to keep up with the times... :(
Sometimes it requires a jolt to see the truth. The fixation with lost glory won't help today. :agree: Thanks.

110-HistoryIslam_3D.jpg

Its a good book to read and those who want to read authentic Islamic book about History
of Islam and Muslims
U08-Tareekh-IbnKathir-3D.jpg

Read this book

True - we have failed to protect our ways of learning...and failed to keep up with the times... :(
Sometimes it requires a jolt to see the truth. The fixation with lost glory won't help today. :agree: Thanks.

Well said.

Islamic history would be worth discussing, if we as Pakistanis could ever show at least one like Dr. Iqbal, or like one Dr. Salam, one like Sir Syed, or one like Jinnah who were graduates of an Islamic university or Islamic scholar.

One mathematician, one chemist, one physicist, one astronomer, or one surgeon.

That's all. I just ask to find one scholar from amongst our forefathers who drank from the knowledge wells of the famous Islamic universities.

So Please show how many Lahoris or Karachites or Delhites or Lakhnavis are the famous graduates of Islamic universities of Morocco, or Cairo, or Alexandria or Baghdad.

Thank you.

thank you for this lovely info

i personally like Hazrat Khalid Bin Waleed (R.A) and Hazrat Ameer Mawiya (R.A) alot

WTH? which war?

Either you are

1. too innocent/ignorant

or

2. you are super sectarian

I tend to believe you are #1 unless proven otherwise

I just want to respectfully say that any mention of Muawia or Yazeed will start sectarian wars. Just remember this.

I don't support such wars

I just realize they are there

Hope you understand

peace

I believe .....
All versions of history are twisted
All Mullahs are Hypocrites
So better to follow common sense

Well said

BTW what you say as "common sense"

has been forwarded by philosophers since Greek times, as "rationalism" and "naturalism".

When Sir Syed (my hero) tried to spread these ideas,

Mullahs in British India got mad and started calling names to that great man.

Do you know what was the curse word Mullahs used for Sir Syed?

Back
Top Bottom