What's new

Jobless father-of-three jumps to death at mall

Well you should also say something about India as well , which according to WHO has the highest suicide rate in the entire South -East Asia.
Or perhaps Indians only die playing the Blue Whale Challenge.
Well seeing your concern about my posts, please tag me next time in such threads. I shall comment.

One could see us fighting arguments on this thread cursing and abusing each other and the government. Who are the family/community and neighbours of the deceased, in the locality? They should be the first responders to his conditions of poverty.
Does no one know about the deceased financial conditions? His widow told that he twice attempted before. Definitely, she shared that with the relatives at least with her family. We are not aware of any response.

The neighbors and the relatives must be in the same boat as him, either unwilling to help ( the "Hume kya" attitude ) or unable to help. In India so many students suicide. Why are their parents or friends or relatives not helping them out of their misery ?

Aren't you the one whose wife crashed her car and you wanted to buy another car instead of demanding a bus service from the government ? Here too you didn't want to speak for demanding from the government free healthcare for your sister and other sufferers. Because making those demands will take rationality and courage. If you were living in USA in 2011 I am sure you would not have been in the Occupy Wall Street movement.
Democracy hai bhai, among the few who do pay taxes, most would rather not have the government put our monies in more freebies for others than it already does.

I have no problem if some government would give you free everything, just don't want to put my money toward that.

communism = bhikari mentality.. gib free this, gib free that, gib everything free !!

only that NOTHING is free, it's other people's money.. what makes you so entitled to my wallet ?

go and starve, jump off a building.. do whatever you want.. I'm not buying you any food or clothes or paying your rent or your education, also not guaranteeing you a job.. all that is on you.

People have their own clothes and food to buy, their own kid's educations to take care of.. 2nd bike, 4th house, fine scotch.. none of your damn business what people do with their money.. it's their's.. not yours.

stop being such an envious bhikari... "blablah ke naam pe dede"

chal khisak

When a person commits suicide, he/she is definitely a coward or selfish. But some contributing factors may be:

1) Selfish family
2) Selfish friends
3) A careless country/horde
4) Inability of instituitions
5) International economy.
6) Faith

Lets help people around us.
Suicide is a crime as per Pakistani & Islamic Laws.
Yes, and he will imprisoned for life for that now.

When a person commits suicide, he/she is definitely a coward or selfish. But some contributing factors may be:

1) Selfish family
2) Selfish friends
6) Faith

Yes, and he will imprisoned for life for that now.
That made me laugh.
But on a serious note many people have mental health issues and that's nit even recognised in Asia. Its sad but the family suffers. The one the commits suicide he /she is no more but they leave a trail of destruction

That made me laugh.
But on a serious note many people have mental health issues and that's nit even recognised in Asia. Its sad but the family suffers. The one the commits suicide he /she is no more but they leave a trail of destruction
You know, when a person is caught in a mental cycle, it's the family's or friend's responsibility to drage the person out of that. Usually people don't care much.

1) Selfish family
2) Selfish friends
6) Faith

it's a mental health issue

agree, we should help people going through such anguish that they might consider taking their own lives.. and there are suicide sos helplines in most countries.

You know, when a person is caught in a mental cycle, it's the family's or friend's responsibility to drage the person out of that. Usually people don't care much.
100% correct. Most families think he is stupid and ignore and most people are too busy. Family system is pretty broke in Pakistan now.

chal khisak

Wasn't it you who was asked by @LeGenD yesterday to chal khisak from this thread ? :)

But if you want to contribute to the thread you have to bring empathy.

Democracy hai bhai

No, most parts of the world don't have real democracy. They have party-based, majoritarian, plutocratic, demagogic dictatorships. Please go through my thread linked in post# 30 on what Democracy is and is not.

among the few who do pay taxes, most would rather not have the government put our monies in more freebies for others than it already does.

I have no problem if some government would give you free everything, just don't want to put my money toward that.

1. Why should taxes even exist ? It is a leftover from feudalist and monarchic days. Look at the idiotic system of income tax. The Indian government extorts income tax from citizens but didn't even provide them hospital beds when they were dying of COVID in huge numbers ( four million in total by one estimate ! ) especially during the second wave earlier this year.

2. You don't own "your money". Money is an artificial construct that exists because exchange of goods and services through barter system is impractical and because some value has to be added to labor. But this religious deference to money must stop. Make life easier man instead of complicating it. Let me tell you a story. I once purchased the book Elon Musk at a second-hand shop. As I was giving the money to the owner the money fell to the ground. A young man beside me picked up the money and gave it to me but after touching the money to his eyes in a reverential way. What was this ! Why has this artificial construct been made such a big part in many societies ?

communism = bhikari mentality.. gib free this, gib free that, gib everything free !!

go and starve, jump off a building.. do whatever you want.. I'm not buying you any food or clothes or paying your rent or your education, also not guaranteeing you a job.. all that is on you.

People have their own clothes and food to buy, their own kid's educations to take care of.. 2nd bike, 4th house, fine scotch.. none of your damn business what people do with their money.. it's their's.. not yours.

stop being such an envious bhikari... "blablah ke naam pe dede"

chal khisak

Such empathy and humanism you have. :lol: What would you have done if your family had been afflicted with COVID and you didn't have money to pay for the treatment of multiple family members and other than paying to the hospital you also had to pay for medicines bought off the illegal market ?

Now you said you run a small business. What if it goes into loss and you go bankrupt and are indebted ? Since you have never demanded the government for free education for your kids, free healthcare for your family, free electricity and internet, how will you pay for those then ?

it's a mental health issue

agree, we should help people going through such anguish that they might consider taking their own lives.. and there are suicide sos helplines in most countries.

:lol: Give those suicide helpline numbers to the students and farmers in India who suicide in huge numbers.

The neighbors and the relatives must be in the same boat as him, either unwilling to help ( the "Hume kya" attitude ) or unable to help. In India so many students suicide. Why are their parents or friends or relatives not helping them out of their misery ?

Maybe as you mentioned the poverty of relatives or ignorance, no idea as we can't judge it being on the keyboard.
It could be an ignorance/unawareness of our prime responsibilities as described in Deen-e-Islam. In the present time due to lack of religious knowledge, we are drifting off course. We don't have an idea of how to begin and from where to begin. Believe me, if you have two pieces of bread and divide it with a hungry person, it won't have any major impact on your hunger.
In my life, I myself had very turbulent times but reduced wishes and simplicity made me thru, always try to depend/utilize your available resources.
The following picture shows you how to be happy with your dreams with available resources:
1638427570625.png

In my life, I myself had very turbulent times but reduced wishes and simplicity made me thru, always try to depend/utilize your available resources.
The following picture shows you how to be happy with your dreams with available resources:
View attachment 798110

Sure, one need not buy that latest cell phone but what if you are ambitious, say want to start a company whose product will be a marvelous project you have been doing for some years but your socio-economic situation is making you struggle ? Whose fault is that ? The system's or yours ?

But if you want to contribute to the thread you have to bring empathy.
I said in my first post here that it's a tragedy.

No, most parts of the world don't have real democracy. They have party-based, majoritarian, plutocratic, demagogic dictatorships. Please go through my thread linked in post# 30 on what Democracy is and is not.
Rich coming from you who idolized Gaddafi the dictator.

democracy means everyone gets a vote, yours and mine are 1 vote, Modi, Shah, Didi, Raul, comrade Yechury... also get to cast their ballot once. It's a fair system and we have a ood vibrant democratic system here, it's spicy, it's the biggest anywhere on earth, and it works !

1. Why should taxes even exist ? It is a leftover from feudalist and monarchic days. Look at the idiotic system of income tax. The Indian government extorts income tax from citizens but didn't even provide them hospital beds when they were dying of COVID in huge numbers ( four million in total by one estimate ! ) especially during the second wave earlier this year.
I'm all for abolishing all taxes, that just means I get to keep all the money I made for myself.

Who the hell will pay for the government freebie schemes that want more and more of ? .. kaha se ayega paisa ? :)

healthcare is already free for the poor, go to AIIMS in Delhi, guess most state capitals have government hospitals ?

people like you demand that even a 25 crore jab for some rare disease to be me made free too lol, again, where will you come up with the monies for that kind of stuff ?

I want more people paying their taxes, and for the government to put their monies to uses that they see fit.

2. You don't own "your money". Money is an artificial construct that exists because exchange of goods and services through barter system is impractical and because some value has to be added to labor. But this religious deference to money must stop. Make life easier man instead of complicating it. Let me tell you a story. I once purchased the book Elon Musk at a second-hand shop. As I was giving the money to the owner the money fell to the ground. A young man beside me picked up the money and gave it to me but after touching the money to his eyes in a reverential way. What was this ! Why has this artificial construct been made such a big part in many societies ?
No, money is real, as real as the screen you're reading my post on.

I went out a few days ago to a nice bar, drank loads, ate well.. and paid for the services they rendered me, gave the tandoor guy a tip even. Should all those there be running a free establishment just toiling hard and feeding bhikaris ? Do they not deserve to earn a living ?

It's a cultural glitch, the reverence of money and doing the head touch thing.. basically he was just happy to have earned something so he can eat and feed his family.. god, can't believe such innocuous silly concepts also need to be explained to you. Got your second hand book, didn't you ? How the hell is it any of your concern what the seller thinks about money or god or whatever ? You can read the book, burn the book, wipe your rear with pages from it, clean your kitchen counter with it, make a potty litter for your cat... that book is your property, it belongs to you and you may do as you please with it, it's not mine or anybody's business.

Such empathy and humanism you have. :lol: What would you have done if your family had been afflicted with COVID and you didn't have money to pay for the treatment of multiple family members and other than paying to the hospital you also had to pay for medicines bought off the illegal market ?
Then I'd consider myself shit-out-of-luck and feel sad but would not blame you or anyone else for it.

Now you said you run a small business. What if it goes into loss and you go bankrupt and are indebted ? Since you have never demanded the government for free education for your kids, free healthcare for your family, free electricity and internet, how will you pay for those then ?
My business fails, it's on me then.. again, I wouldn't blame you or anyone else.. and sure as hell would not expect everyone else to give me their money. I do not feel entitled to other people's wealth and money, it's no mine. Some rich guy drives a Bentley, has a fleet of private aircraft, wears expensive watches costing into the 1000s of $ ? .. good for him, it's his money, he's free to do as you pleases with his money

just like you and your second hand book.

Jobless father-of-three jumps to death at mall
CCTV footage of the suicide went viral on social media, showing how the man climbed onto the railing fence and threw himself down

By Our Correspondent
December 01, 2021

ReplayNext playlist item
Unmute

Current Time 0:16
/
Duration 0:16
Loaded: 100.00%

1x
Playback Rate
Fullscreen
Quality Levels

Four days after a young media worker hanged himself to death due to unemployment in Karachi, another jobless young man allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the top floor of a shopping mall on Tuesday afternoon.
Twenty-eight-year-old Zuhairul Hassan Abidi, son of Hashim Abidi, was critically injured after he jumped from the third floor of the mall on Rashid Minhas Road. He was taken to a nearby private hospital where doctors pronounced him dead. Later, his body was taken to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital for medico-legal formalities.
CCTV footage of the horror incident went viral on social media, showing how the man climbed onto the railing fence and threw himself down.
Federal B Industrial DSP Naeem Khan said Abidi was a resident of Block 20 of Ancholi Society. His mother, a schoolteacher, told the police that her son had been jobless and depressed. He had three kids. The police have obtained the CCTV footage from the mall administration and initiated an investigation.
Last Friday, media worker Fahim Mughal had ended his life by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in Karachi’s Federal B Area. He was the father of six children and was unable to run his family due to his financial crisis.

The blood of these men is on the stain laden hands of those jahil, kanjar PPP government.

May Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah bring down HIS ferocious punishment upon the political elite of ppp and their feudal-scum.

Back
Top Bottom