What's new

Japan to take 340,000 skilled workers from Pakistan in next 5 years

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...000-foreign-workers-five-years-amid-employee/

Okay. Its 3,40,000 foreign workers and not just from Pakistan. @Dubious Change the title.
I checked with a lot of sites, and almost all of them say foreign workers and not any specific country. Also, the number is too much for just one country as Japanese immigration is still pretty strict despite the opening up.
I did not write the article nor am I at liberties to modify titles that writers of articles choose

As someone learning the language for fun I can say right now most Pakistanis won't get in just because of the difficulty of learning and speaking Japanese. It is a horrendously complex language with extremely complex grammar. If there are 340k Pakistanis who know Japanese at sufficient fluency to work in Japan I'd be shocked.

Why? Can you apply the same logic to India, China or any other country?

In order to create skill workers, you have to convert them from unskilled to skilled workers, and for that government has to invest in technical institutions\vocational programs. As long as government keep injecting money in to these kind of programs, we will have no shortage of quality skill workers.

it’s not going to happen to Pakistan. Our burger class is less than 3%, rest don’t care about family planning.
Birth rate will naturally decline if the economy picks up and people can be assured that they can move from agricultural to factory work and then the next generation can move on to service industry work. As cost of living rises (in the context of an advancing economy) people will choose to have less kids and they will save up for a place in the cities, attendance in a good school for their one or two kids and as they can successful get a good return on investment developing their careers and delaying marriage; for both men and women. It doesn’t have to be all of these steps or for all people, but with enough people moving up the value added labor force, socio-cultural changes will occur, it order to have a better quality of life and more resources (to be able to compete) for the one or two children people do plan to have.

the government should not discourage people having kids, but devote resources to the economy growing as fast as possible. People will adjust accordingly.

I did not write the article nor am I at liberties to modify titles that writers of articles choose
Oh sure, dont we all love mindlessly copy pasting. Maybe advice @The Eagle too of this policy of not changing/editing titles as it suits them.
Thanks

Birth rate will naturally decline if the economy picks up and people can be assured that they can move from agricultural to factory work and then the next generation can move on to service industry work. As cost of living rises (in the context of an advancing economy) people will choose to have less kids and they will save up for a place in the cities, attendance in a good school for their one or two kids and as they can successful get a good return on investment developing their careers and delaying marriage; for both men and women. It doesn’t have to be all of these steps or for all people, but with enough people moving up the value added labor force, socio-cultural changes will occur, it order to have a better quality of life and more resources (to be able to compete) for the one or two children people do plan to have.

the government should not discourage people having kids, but devote resources to the economy growing as fast as possible. People will adjust accordingly.

Don't worry about that for next 50 years.

Most of those workers are from Philippines, Cambodia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Nepal

Good for Pakistani citizens.

Bad for state of Pakistan (brain drain)
We have enough population so we should not worry about that .
Besides they would be needing labors then, rather then brain drain You would have muscle drain .
Anyway it is probably the most good news coming in.
When Pakistanis go there . Many others would follow . Not only it would develop a vibrant Pakistani community in Japan that would also effect positively in developing relations with them..
I have few friends in lahore who are 2nd generation ethnic japenese Pakistanis . Their parents came in 60s to. Work or open the japenese restaurants and they stayed. Their children now speaks fluent urdu and never think of going anywhere else . They hold Pakistani nationality and Id card . One I'd card of a Chinese national got viral, that was not of a Chinese but a pakistani national japenese who is 3rd generation Pakistani and hiw culture is Pakistani culture an dhas nothing to do with Japan .
In lahore I know they have a small community of 40 people .

Don't worry we have alot of people back home

It is not bad either, when some of them will return after 10 20 or 30 years they will have better experience and international exposure. This way they can serve country far better.

China adopted this model. China sent many people for education and employment overseas particularly to western countries. This enabled those people to obtain higher quality education and experience both in technical experience but also work ethics. Many of these people than returned back to China upon being given offers of Chinese government to run departments and state owned companies.

You will have brain drain but you also gain a lot from it.

China adopted this model. China sent many people for education and employment overseas particularly to western countries. This enabled those people to obtain higher quality education and experience both in technical experience but also work ethics. Many of these people than returned back to China upon being given offers of Chinese government to run departments and state owned companies.

You will have brain drain but you also gain a lot from it.

Not only China India as well did the same

Japan To Import Workforce From Pakistan In 14 Different Sectors
the ministry had already begun dispatching skilled workforce to a few countries, including Romania and the United Kingdom.
By ASAWIR FATIMA Last updated DEC 21, 2019
In an attempt to import Pakistani manpower in 14 different sectors, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) will be signed by Japan at a ceremony on December 23rd (Monday).

251814_5236873_updates.jpg

On Friday Sayed Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development stated, “The MoU will enable Pakistanis to work in 14 sectors of Japan, including construction, information technology, nursing, manufacturing, engineering, and others.”

According to him, the ministry had already begun dispatching skilled workforce to a few countries, including Romania and the United Kingdom.

While answering a Pakistani emigrant he said, “We are exploring new markets for export of manpower other than the Middle East.” He further stated that the ministry and Germany were in talks for the export of Pakistani manpower.

He had been convinced by the German ambassador about the initiation of a technical training center in Islamabad for imparting training to the youth at par with global standards.

According to Bukhari, the ministry was exercising a digital mechanism to guarantee a hassle-free process for intending emigrants in the protectorate offices.

He stated that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government had increased the pension of Employees Old-age Benefit Institution (EOBI) from Rs6,500 to Rs8,500.

Bukhari said, “We are intending to raise this amount up to Rs15,000 by the end of our tenure (2023).” He further said that four EOBI mega projects had been refreshed within the first year of PTI government and construction work had been launched on two of them.

He added, “Two projects, including Overseas Employment Corporation (OEC) Tower, Ciniplex and Commercial Complex, will be leased out by February 2020 to generate additional revenues for EOBI pensioners”

According to him, projects worth 18 billion rupees were under legal proceedings, adding these legal issues would be resolved soon.

Japanese Ambassador Kuninori Matsuda and Sayed Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari also met for a pre-discussion on the MoU to be signed on Monday. Both dignitaries conversed about issues related to manpower, trade, and tourism.

While talking about the MoU, the ambassador stated that a network would be built, in collaboration with language universities in Pakistan. Three to six months’ language proficiency courses will be carried out. For distant areas, e-learning facilities will be provided so that the maximum number of Pakistanis can be accommodated to work in Japan.

https://blog.siasat.pk/japan-to-import-workforce-from-pakistan/

Romania? they have workforce to export not import. secondly why not get China to move their industry to Pakistan? As we have a good relation with them!

The more workforce that is working in Pakistan so saudi's can't blackmail you in the future.

Whatever reduces our reliance on the Gulfi states. The recently missed KL conference should be a huge wake up call for Pakistani policy makers. We were embarassed and humiliated in front of friends who spoke up for the cause of Kashmir. Nothing wrong in keeping trade and investment ties with these GCC nations, but keep the relationship purely financial and within control so they dont manage to gain the blackmailing powet they currently have.

Romania? they have workforce to export not import. secondly why not get China to move their industry to Pakistan? As we have a good relation with them!

The more workforce that is working in Pakistan so saudi's can't blackmail you in the future.
That's not his ministry portfolio
He is doing he best to send people .
Yes Romania need skilled workforce and they have send quite a number of people there . Mou with Japan and Germany are in process and about 7 lakh people are send abroad . This is very good as they would send remitences but bad as good talent would go . But as we have no shortage of talent and population and those universities keep on producing new talent every year so it does more good then bad .

Japan is also a racist shit hole that I wouldn't want to set my foot on for my entire life. I would rather live a respectable life in the west and with the white wannabes in East Asia. It's for my wish in this holiday season that these racist shit holes age faster and go extinct.

China might be a good friend but It only look for it’s short and long term interest. It’s long term interest is save and protect interest which is it’s economy/export. We have put all our eggs in CPEC baskets, We have nothing else to rely on. Our economy was close to negative 10, I think we might be close -2, not even hit 0, we won’t go to positive unless we make some drastic changes otherwise we will be going back to IMF in 3 to 4 years.

That's not his ministry portfolio
He is doing he best to send people .
Yes Romania need skilled workforce and they have send quite a number of people there . Mou with Japan and Germany are in process and about 7 lakh people are send abroad . This is very good as they would send remitences but bad as good talent would go . But as we have no shortage of talent and population and those universities keep on producing new talent every year so it does more good then bad .

What % is 7 lakh of 220 millions? 3%
Government and private sector has to start Massive training project in AI, data science, IT, Bio-Technology, management, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom