What's new

Is the Combination of F16 Block C/D and JF17 Block 3 , sufficient ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir i know but TVC engine is more maintenance prone than fixed engine, isn't sir @Basel

Why?? Please elaborate.

The Thrust Vectoring Nozzle needs more maintenance compared to regular one but why engine needs more maintenance??

With China we can always get spare Engines and Maintenance can be done like all Mechanical parts it is no reason to not upgrade fighter platform

The Three platform would , give Pakistan Air force a much needed modernization in term of radar / Weapons package and get rid of outdated Mirage/F7 fleet

PAKISTANIDEFENCEJ10.png

The Increased Weapons for Air to Air will help Push forward Pakistan Airforce's Local Agenda
The 6 BVR Missiles per Unit and some new Flying Maneuvers will enhance the tactics

6 BVR missiles + 2 Short range missiles a nice combination
J%2B10%2Bfighter%2BWallpapers%2B%25284%2529.jpg

Compared that to our F7-PGs which are quite lightly armed
Close range missiles are only good for close air Support only

The F7 are idea as a Support Wing Man only
Pakistan_Air_Force_Chengdu_F-7PG_inflight-min-640x427.jpg

Last edited:
With China we can always get spare Engines and Maintenance can be done like all Mechanical parts it is no reason to not upgrade fighter platform

The Three platform would , give Pakistan Air force a much needed modernization in term of radar / Weapons package and get rid of outdated Mirage/F7 fleet

View attachment 520363

The Increased Weapons for Air to Air will help Push forward Pakistan Airforce's Local Agenda
The 6 BVR Missiles per Unit and some new Flying Maneuvers will enhance the tactics

6 BVR missiles + 2 Short range missiles a nice combination
J%2B10%2Bfighter%2BWallpapers%2B%25284%2529.jpg

Compared that to our F7-PGs which are quite lightly armed
Close range missiles are only good for close air Support only

The F7 are idea as a Support Wing Man only
Pakistan_Air_Force_Chengdu_F-7PG_inflight-min-640x427.jpg
can't we get thrust vector capable engine for JF-17 ?
No need for that because structurally it bear only 8.3 Gs with fixed engine @Haris Mansoor :disagree::disagree:

Per Madam messiach, if someone wants to see which direction the Thunder program will take, they should follow the development of J-10 B.

i think we can't handle su-30s.india will never deploy all su-30s against us.consider only 150 su-30s but they are more than enough to run riot.this fighter su-30 is very dangerous and it can beat any fighter.i am not talking about higher generation fighter jets.rafale isn't a problem.they have less rafales.big problem is su-30.i don't think that f-16 can handle su-30.we need su-35 or eurofighter typhoon to handle su-30.

I know we have 0 BLK III, I am talking about future scenario,If we make around 20 BLK III annually staring from 2020 we will have 100 BLK III by 2025.

You are very optimistic. We have not seen the official mock-up of block 3. if there is structural changes, it will have to go through testing phase. If there will be on structural changes in block 3 and if production rate is increased then it might be possible to have between 50 to 70 by 2027. I hope I am wrong but that’s my assessment.

The way I look at the issue

100 JF17 (Block I / Block II) possible Radar upgrade
75 F16 Block C/D Year 2005 upgrades

Induct 90
Order 40 J10 C/D (Thrust Vector Engine, Increased hard points, IRST, AESA radar)
Order 50 JF17 (Block III) Full Package (Engine/Radar/Helmet Targeting System)

Shortfall 60 Crafts
  • Keep Room for 40 Azm Prototypes around 2025-2030
  • Attain 25 F16 in open market second hand from European friendly countries
  • Or We Order 25 J10 C/D top up order

Attain 2 EW centric units from Saab

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retire 150
Only good for Air to Ground Missions or Support Role at close/medium range
Or move fleet to Border with Afghanistan / Storage

These birds need a years 2018 Upgraded Radar/Modern Missile and EW pods to stay relevant
  • Retire Mirages Retire plane keep pilots happy in new birds
  • Retire F7-PG Retire plane keep pilots happy in new birds

Oh bhai, are you talking about Pakistan or Japan.
40 J-10C = 65 to 75 million each (if order today it will take 5 years)
50 JF-17 = 40 to 50 million each (all bell and whistles, including weapons system)
We have not seen the mock-up for block 3.
We don’t know how long will it take to build these, we have to wait for official announcement.
40 AZM by 2025 ??? lol it still on the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom