What's new

Is the Combination of F16 Block C/D and JF17 Block 3 , sufficient ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael is a world class 4++ generation fighter Jet. I don't find any plane in the iaf that could challenge it nor in the paf. It's an game changing fighter plane. With the latest cutting edge western tech. India has done very well with purchasing this plane. 36planes won't do too much but around 100 Rafael would give iaf the clear edge over paf. Am afraid the jf17 block 3 or f16 block 52 wont be matching the Rafael.

Pakistan needs to buy the Eurofighter or the latest Aesa f16 block 70 planes (highly unlikely). Or go for the J10B latest planes and I am sure China will improve this fighter a lot more in 5 years time till they are delivered. 150+ will be a good counter to su30mki and Rafael. Otherwise we will be behind India in air force. Thats if India orders 100+ Rafael and not merely 36.

Regarding project Azm I doubt it will be available before 2030. So if we introduce in 2030 then it will take a long time for it to become a mature platform. Jf17 was operational in 2007 and it's been over a decade and just now we are going to introduce a high tech Block 3.

China was supposed to begin production of Fc31 around 2019 and they only tested 3odd prototypes. Seems like this project is delayed till way after 2025. Look at J10 journey, from 2000s till just in 2018 J10 has matured in to a lethal machine. The j20 is in service but it needs till atleast 2028 to fully mature in to a lethal 5th generation machine. This all points out to me that paf needs to buy a new fighter jet. J10c ticks all the boxes. Su35 is another fighter but availability is a big question. Same for f16 block 70 and EuroFighter

Last edited:
The J10A which we were offered in 2005 and what J10B has become now in 2018 is a vastly mature , and ready platform

a) Better then Mirage 100%
b) Better then F-8 100%
c) More Maneuverability then before , Thust Vector Engine makes it better vs F16
d) Much more mature weapon's package and Engine (Evolving weapon's package)
e) IRST

Trained pilots flying J10B models vs F7 or Mirage would be ideal scenrio for next 10 years at least

J-10B production line is ceased and now J-10C is in production and in next 3-5 years J-10D will come into production..

We need J-16 for maritime and deep strike which can also work as AEWAC.

Regarding the jf17 Block 3. I think by 2025 paf will replace all f7PGs with the jf17 block 3 and also get rid of the most mirages.
Jf17 block 1, 2 = 112
Jf17 block 3 = 88
F16 = 76
Mirage 5 = 30

300 planes

150 J10 C/D are needed to make paf lethal

I have been saying about MarshalLawPlus plan for last 2 years. If nothing worked, 30’years of harsh reality of these 3rd class corrupt mafia. No more free media, no more free rides. Chinese formula to fix corruption.
New constitution, no More provinces and 18th amendments. Federal government, districts government (Zila Nazim and administration) and city government.
sorry to say. we have seen marshal law before and apart from ayub khan tenure pak didnt see much progress in times of zia and musharaf rather because of their strategic errors we faced menace of terrorism,mullahism, mqm.

if at all pak and ind ever see a conflict involving F-16 vs rafale contest rest assured that it would definitely end up in nuclear conflict and MAD. neither pak nor india are stupid enough to go for such a conflict. so relax. let india waste her resources on jets. we will waste resources once we have them. right now we dont have them so lets prioritize our aims and spend funds sensibly. dont need to turn on panic mode.

Last edited:
The EFT will make the perfect gap filler and also meet the requirements of the PAF, it's been offered and extensively flown and was described as a dream by air chief Sohail Aman.
The problem is the cost and that's the problem for any purchase to be honest.

The EFT will make the perfect gap filler and also meet the requirements of the PAF, it's been offered and extensively flown and was described as a dream by air chief Sohail Aman.
I would prefer EFTs over Su35 if those come without any strings attached. I hope the economic situation becomes better in next 2-3 years.

Reactions: waz

I think its also Availability of EFT T/3 , PAF can buy T/1 from Italy or UK .. if they are willing to sell them but i can't say how and which role they will fit Perfectly . @Bilal Khan (Quwa) can we do some Upgrades to T1 and turn them into a Deep strike Fighter ??

And J 16's

Behti Ganga mai hath dhone sab a gaye :P

Have seen a quite a lot of respected Pakistani members telling that PAF hasnt quite got an answer to the Su30 MKI in itself first. PAF wasnt able to handle the old non upgraded Mig 29 in Kargil war. So the new UPG variant?
PAF also havent converted the entire class of F16 into C/D variant as well. That's another issue.

UAVs cannot carry heavy munitions, yet. Its payloads cannot even destroy an entire airbase.
Strategy should be J31.
There was no conflict between between Pat and iaf deary not your jets intrude into pak territory to warrant paf retaliation

U kept your jets on your side of loc
As for su one on 1 f16 have good odds the issue is numerical for which WtD going for jf17

And for qualitative advantage project azm

Last edited:
Rafael is a world class 4++ generation fighter Jet. I don't find any plane in the iaf that could challenge it nor in the paf. It's an game changing fighter plane. With the latest cutting edge western tech. India has done very well with purchasing this plane. 36planes won't do too much but around 100 Rafael would give iaf the clear edge over paf. Am afraid the jf17 block 3 or f16 block 52 wont be matching the Rafael.

Pakistan needs to buy the Eurofighter or the latest Aesa f16 block 70 planes (highly unlikely). Or go for the J10B latest planes and I am sure China will improve this fighter a lot more in 5 years time till they are delivered. 150+ will be a good counter to su30mki and Rafael. Otherwise we will be behind India in air force. Thats if India orders 100+ Rafael and not merely 36.

Regarding project Azm I doubt it will be available before 2030. So if we introduce in 2030 then it will take a long time for it to become a mature platform. Jf17 was operational in 2007 and it's been over a decade and just now we are going to introduce a high tech Block 3.

China was supposed to begin production of Fc31 around 2019 and they only tested 3odd prototypes. Seems like this project is delayed till way after 2025. Look at J10 journey, from 2000s till just in 2018 J10 has matured in to a lethal machine. The j20 is in service but it needs till atleast 2028 to fully mature in to a lethal 5th generation machine. This all points out to me that paf needs to buy a new fighter jet. J10c ticks all the boxes. Su35 is another fighter but availability is a big question. Same for f16 block 70 and EuroFighter

We need to look at the attributes that make it world class:

1. Dog fighting: Ability to temporarily go up to 11Gs combined with awesome turn rate combined with MICA missiles makes it formidable. If I wanted to go against the likes of SU-35 and F-22, I want to be in a Rafale.

2. BVR: The RBE2 can track 40 and engage 8 targets simultaneously with the MICA and METEOR. It has 14 hardpoints which makes it an airborne killing machine.

3. Electronic Warfare: SPECTRA is very secretive an not much is known about it.

Given these, I don't have much hopes for either F-16 or Thunder in a dog fight. And given SPECTRA, there is a question mark over how successful we will be in BVR.

I would prefer EFTs over Su35 if those come without any strings attached. I hope the economic situation becomes better in next 2-3 years.

Can you explain why?

EFT is better at long-range air duels than Rafale as it has a much higher flight ceiling and more powerful engines.
Rafale would have the advantage in a dogfight though.

Last edited:
I think its also Availability of EFT T/3 , PAF can buy T/1 from Italy or UK .. if they are willing to sell them but i can't say how and which role they will fit Perfectly . @Bilal Khan (Quwa) can we do some Upgrades to T1 and turn them into a Deep strike Fighter ??

Behti Ganga mai hath dhone sab a gaye :P

Yep, UK was willing back then and now, the RAF has an excellent relationsip with the PAF and thus the plane is very familiar to PAF pilots.
It's flown by allied airforces e.g. Saudi Air Force, which also adds to the pros.

Yep, UK was willing back then and now, the RAF has an excellent relationsip with the PAF and thus the plane is very familiar to PAF pilots.

Exactly , If UK can sell their Older T/1 to PAF , get some upgrades to make them a Deep strike Fighter, I think that will do the job until Project AZM start to take shape .. I would highly suggest to increase number of JF to 250 .

Well, I hope PAF had the opportunity to compare EFT against latest Rafales. The only good thing about EFT would be the weapons package and Thales supplied sensors and EW. Would SPECTRA be included? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom