What's new

Etihad to stop flights to and from Dhaka, good amount of money of other foreign airlines operating in Dhaka is now blocked in Bangladesh

এইখানে কতগুলি ভারতীয় আর তাদের পা চাটা কুকুরগুলি এসে এক কথা বারে বারে রিপিট করতেসে। ভারতীয় মার্কেট কত বড়ো, তাদের প্যাসেঞ্জের এর সংখ্যা ইদানীং কত বেড়ে গেসে এইসব আরকি। আহাম্মুক গুলি এইটা কোনদিন বলবে না যে তাদের দেশ বাংলাদেশের তুলনায় আট গুণ বড়ো - প্যাসেঞ্জের তো বেশি হবেই।

এই ছাগল চেস্ট বিটিং করতেসে যে জানুয়ারী থেকে সেপ্টেম্বর এ (তিন কোয়ার্টার মাফিক) ভারতে ১১০ মিলিয়ন (১১ কোটি )প্যাসেঞ্জের এয়ার ট্রাভেলার ছিল। সেই তুলনায় চাইনা তে ২০২৩ সালের প্রথম তিন মাসেই প্রায় তেরো কোটি (১২৯ মিলিয়ন )প্যাসেঞ্জের এয়ার ট্রাভেলার ছিল। তার মানে চীনের প্যাসেঞ্জের এয়ার ট্রাভেলার সংখ্যা এখনই ভারতের তিন গুন। আর চীন দেশে covid লোকডাউন এখনো সব জায়গায় শিথিল হয়নাই।

এইখানে কতগুলি ভারতীয় আর তাদের পা চাটা কুকুরগুলি এসে এক কথা বারে বারে রিপিট করতেসে। ভারতীয় মার্কেট কত বড়ো, তাদের প্যাসেঞ্জের এর সংখ্যা ইদানীং কত বেড়ে গেসে এইসব আরকি। আহাম্মুক গুলি এইটা কোনদিন বলবে না যে তাদের দেশ বাংলাদেশের তুলনায় আট গুণ বড়ো - প্যাসেঞ্জের তো বেশি হবেই।

এই ছাগল চেস্ট বিটিং করতেসে যে জানুয়ারী থেকে সেপ্টেম্বর এ (তিন কোয়ার্টার মাফিক) ভারতে ১১০ মিলিয়ন (১১ কোটি )প্যাসেঞ্জের এয়ার ট্রাভেলার ছিল। সেই তুলনায় চাইনা তে ২০২৩ সালের প্রথম তিন মাসেই প্রায় তেরো কোটি (১২৯ মিলিয়ন )প্যাসেঞ্জের এয়ার ট্রাভেলার ছিল। তার মানে চীনের প্যাসেঞ্জের এয়ার ট্রাভেলার সংখ্যা এখনই ভারতের তিন গুন। আর চীন দেশে covid লোকডাউন এখনো সব জায়গায় শিথিল হয়নাই।

Have some shame!!!

This is an English language forum.

If you cannot express yourself in English - go to a Bangla language forum!!

Bloody NYC taxi drivers also piss me off by starting conversations in Bangla!!!

You are a typical NYC cabbie!!!

Btw, রিপিট is not a bangla word!!!

Stop writing English words in Bangla!!!

Abey dumbo darpok, at least quote me to get an answer. Don't be a slutty cheerleader for China. Of course they are better than us. I have no problems admitting it.

But What happened to your shit hole Bango land? Why is it so low at everything. I am sure you are some taxi driver in New York who has zero knowledge on economics. Stick to that.

Abey dumbo darpok, at least quote me to get an answer. Don't be a slutty cheerleader for China. Of course they are better than us. I have no problems admitting it.

But What happened to your shit hole Bango land? Why is it so low at everything. I am sure you are some taxi driver in New York who has zero knowledge on economics. Stick to that.
Lol road shitter rendians acting like a first world country. Build toliets first lindu.

Lol road shitter rendians acting like a first world country. Build toliets first lindu.

Always comparing schwanzes with a country one eighth their size.

Just like their RSS goondas gang up fifty to one on hapless Muslims in their country.

Last edited:
There is zero precedence for this per IATA unless there is belligerence or declaration of war.

Air traffic access depends on availability of slots provided by the likes of civil aeronautics boards.

Besides - Bangladesh has all the passengers foreign airlines will ever need, demand is HERE !

Bangladesh has half the population of the US, and there are more than 20 Million expats of the Bangladeshi diaspora residing outside the country. Let airlines pull out of the market, no one here gives a flying rat's a$$...

Biman will pick up the slack with its almost brand new fleet.

Instead of pulling crap out of your backside, read up before commenting.

Tired of correcting armchair experts.

It is based on reciprocity. You allow American airlines to fly 10 times per week to airports in Bangladesh they will allow Bangladeshi airlines 10 times per week to airports in USA. If you cut off access to American airlines to Bangladesh airports they will do the same to your airlines.

Excuse me: Bangladesh can have 150 million people. If foreign countries do not allow Bangladeshi airlines to land at their airports what are you going to do ?

If foreign airlines are outcompeting Bangladeshi airlines it is because they are better run. very few companies have the deep pockets to compete against the Emirates of the worlds. it is capital intensive business with low profit margins.

All of the images are real. Dump dump airport in Kolikata looked no better than a bus terminal back then and all Indian airports were nothing to write home about.

These Indians boast about airport tech when even ten years ago they used to use tractors to pull airplanes or luggage trolleys and used buses like Dhaka's egara number smoky murir-tin dented-painted buses to carry passengers from terminal to airplane. :lol:

I mean Dhaka's Kurmitola had boarding bridges in the seventies when their main airport Delhi IGIA did not even have them. :lol:

These chest beaters were not even born then. This is their auqaat.

Now they boast big and measure schwanzes because they are going to the gulf and amrika to get some bheekh-mangey remittance and can afford better airports.
@Bilal9 bhai, these Indians don't wear perfume. They smell bad when sweating. এক্কে বারে ফকিরনি।:omghaha:

Etihad to stop flights to and from Dhaka​

Funds blocked in Bangladesh might be the reason, insiders say

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is going to cease its operation to and from Dhaka from October 29.

The airline is likely to stop its flight operations from Dhaka as a good amount of its fund got blocked in Bangladesh at a time when it was facing some other commercial challenges also, aviation insiders said.
The persisting US dollar crisis is one of the major reasons for the failure of most airlines to bring earnings back to their homes, they said.

Etihad is considering using its aircraft on other routes that now have high demand in the post-Covid period, said a leader of the Association of Travel Agents of Bangladesh, who has close connection with Etihad and requested anonymity.
However, officials of the Abu Dhabi-based carrier, however, did not make any comment on their departure.

The airline shared the information with its stakeholders in Dhaka, including different travel agents, last week without mentioning any specific reason for the suspension.
A high amount of fund of Etihad have got blocked in Bangladesh, said an official of Air Arabia, a low-cost airline of the UAE based in Sharjah.

Because of the blocked funds, Etihad could not remit a large part of its earnings to the UAE in the last two years, the official said preferring anonymity.
The tolerance of all airlines is not the same and it might have been too tough for Etihad to tolerate further, the official said.

Aviation expert Kazi Wahidul Alam believes the failure of remitting money back home might have been one of the major reasons for Etihad to take such a decision.
Not only Etihad, a good amount of money of other foreign airlines operating in Dhaka is now blocked in Bangladesh, he said.

However, Etihad has said it will refund the full amount of prices of tickets booked earlier and no penalty or administrative fee will be charged for this.
Even, the passengers with return tickets will also be refunded who have travelled one way.

Etihad currently operates a flight daily on the Dhaka-Abu Dhabi-Dhaka route with a Boeing Dreamliner.
Air Arabia Abu Dhabi and Bangladesh's national flag carrier Biman also fly on the Dhaka-Abu Dhabi route.
Earlier in a statement on June 4 this year, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) said Bangladesh has ranked second globally in terms of blocking funds of different foreign airlines operating in the country.
The top five countries account for 68 percent of blocked funds.

These comprise: Nigeria [$812.2 million], Bangladesh [$214.1 million], Algeria [$196.3 million], Pakistan [$188.2 million] and Lebanon [$141.2 million].
The IATA said the industry's blocked funds have increased by 47 percent to $2.27 billion in April 2023 from $1.55 billion in April 2022.
IATA is the trade association for the world's airlines, representing some 300 airlines, or 83 percent, of total air traffic.

We once asked a emirates air hostess about the worse route they hate flying… she said it was Bangladesh… the people are terrible

We once asked a emirates air hostess about the worse route they hate flying… she said it was Bangladesh… the people are terrible

I don't know what point you are trying to make. But going by my ignore list -which you are in, I could not care less.

For others here - we all know these laborer-class people (from any country in South Asia) have problems in South Asian air routes. Hell Indian first class passengers have issues quite often.

Some of these laborers are unkempt, smelly and bad-behaving to boot. Does not matter which country, its not as if one country in South Asia is better than another or less smellier.

And I don't know why some flight attendant is complaining (as if her opinion really matters) when this laborer-grade under class route was assigned to this woman by her bosses, probably as punishment. She'd be flying the Dubai to London route otherwise, in first class.

The reason why Emirates has these South Asian laborer-grade routes is because they make money from them. Plain and simple.

Nobody begged Emirates to come to Dhaka, they competed with other airlines and took the slots by themselves.

If she does not like flying these Emirates laborer routes (working and serving drinks to laborers) then she can quit.

For my money Emirates can quit the Dhaka route too. A dozen other gulf carriers or Biman can take up that slack.

No point in working in this low grade underpaid job and still complaining.

Last edited:
Abey toilet cleaner, compared to you we are so much better. One look at Dhaka, people will run for their life.

I don't know what point you are trying to make. But going by my ignore list -which you are in, I could not care less.

For others here - we all know these labor-class people (from any country in South Asia) have problems in South Asian air routes.

Some of them are unkempt, smelly and bad-behaving to boot. Does not matter which country, its not as if one country in South Asia is better than another or less smellier.

And I don't know why she is complaining when this labor grade under class route was assigned to this woman, probably as punishment. She'd be flying the Dubai to London route otherwise.

The reason why Emirates has these South Asian labor-grade routes is because they make money from them. Plain and simple.

If she does not like flying these labor routes then she can quit.

No point in working in this low grade underpaid job and still complaining.
But doesn't negate the fact, lungi land is the worst.

It is based on reciprocity. You allow American airlines to fly 10 times per week to airports in Bangladesh they will allow Bangladeshi airlines 10 times per week to airports in USA. If you cut off access to American airlines to Bangladesh airports they will do the same to your airlines.

Excuse me: Bangladesh can have 150 million people. If foreign countries do not allow Bangladeshi airlines to land at their airports what are you going to do ?

If foreign airlines are outcompeting Bangladeshi airlines it is because they are better run. very few companies have the deep pockets to compete against the Emirates of the worlds. it is capital intensive business with low profit margins.
Do you think he is knowledgeable enough to understand this? He is a typical dumb *** from lungi land.

Abey toilet cleaner, compared to you we are so much better.

Let's look at "so much better" Endeya....

1697854007572.png

1697854039158.png

1697854073396.png

1697854131343.png

Yeah - quite a bit better. These are all pictures from New Delhi and Mumbai. Figures why Modi had to build walls to hide these slums from visiting G20 dignitaries.

Last edited:

No Swaminathan baboo, it is not. Slot allocation is based on IATA guidelines every year at slot conferences, and based on the WSG II. All airports follow IATA rule.

Please read and educate yourself, rather than talking out of your a$$.

Last edited:
Let's look at "so much better" Endeya....

View attachment 963924

View attachment 963925

View attachment 963926

View attachment 963927

Yeah - quite a bit better. These are all pictures from New Delhi and Mumbai. Figures why Modi had to build walls to hide these slums from visiting G20 dignitaries.
Lol. You can keep posting pictures of the slums of India. But when it comes to consumption, lungi land is worse than these slums. Your shit land buys 4000 cars a year. Even people of these slums buy more than that. Haha. 7 million smartphones of Bangladesh, probably the same slums would buy more than that. No wonder no company from outside invest in that shit land. Your stock market is filled with gully business men. No wonder what lilliputs trumpet about their economy, no one takes it seriously. You are already begging for loans with IMF. Soon you'll be bankrupt, mark my words.

Dada, all three old airports were built in the 60's in the pictures. Dhaka, Dump Dump and then Patna.

Your suck-a$$ third rate new Kolkata Airport already looks like a sad-sack disappointment compared to our new Dhaka 3rd terminal which had a soft launch and is almost finished. Take a look.

Eto Delhir bhaktoder pa cheteo ja pelen, luv holo na. Jodio apnader kacchey otai onek.

Dum dum to gorer mather moto faka. Konjusir chotey shobai train dhortey byasto. Ke boshbey airplane-e? :lol:

Shadhin ek byapar, poradhin arek. :lol:

And guess what - this is just an interim measure. There is a larger one planned already, outside city limits.

View attachment 963672

I haven't seen this 3rd terminal, but kolkata terminal was 1000 times better than the existing ones.

Always comparing schwanzes with a country one eighth their size.

Just like their RSS goondas gang up fifty to one on hapless Muslims in their country.

Typical Pa-Chata Kolkata Pujari attitude.

Dekhen Kolkata new airport terminal niya lafalafi kortesilo, jokhon Dhaka 3rd Terminal er chhobi dekhaisi, aastey koira chup maira gesey.

Ball-less ch*tiya bhartiya Hizra cowards.

Chakri korar belai thik-e aisha Dhakai dhonna dibey. Taka bhalo chiney.

Bangladesh thekey ei shob pujari ba$tard der jhetiye bar korey dewa uchit.

No takers here of their hate philosophy.

Hindutva fotor fotor India tey gia kor Ch*dir bhai.
This post shows your class.
Definitely your parents will feel sorry about his son.

I haven't seen this 3rd terminal, but kolkata terminal was 1000 times better than the existing ones.

This post shows your class.
Definitely your parents will feel sorry about his son.

Apnar chokh nai Dada? Ami post korsilam, 3rd terminal er Video guli dekhen nai?

Naki Data plan allow korey na?

"Kolikata 1000 times better" howar din furaiya gesey. Oi din ar nai.

Sahib is gone. He ain't coming back to fix the Coke vending machine.

Amar baap ma dhorey tan dia ki luv?

Two can play at that game.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom