What's new

Iranian Aviation Products..military and civilian

that 4 turboshaft engine that they used foreign engine in the final product
TS1400 turboshaft engine is referred to as Turkish patent

Iran intends to create an air hub in Dagestan (Republic of the Russian Federation)

April 26, 2023
The prospects for creating an aviation hub in the republic were discussed on April 26 during a meeting between the Chairman of the Government of Dagestan Abdulmuslim Abdulmuslimov and representatives of the Iranian airline Private joint stock company Pars Golden Sky.
According to the press service of the Dagestani government, “the Iranian side proposed the opening of an aviation hub in Dagestan, including the creation of an enterprise for the repair of aircraft and spare parts and the organization of a cargo hub.”
https://oopstop.com/iran-intends-to-create-an-air-hub-in-dagestan/

https://ria.ru/20230426/khab-1867975793.html

TS1400 turboshaft engine is referred to as Turkish patent

Iran intends to create an air hub in Dagestan (Republic of the Russian Federation)

April 26, 2023
The prospects for creating an aviation hub in the republic were discussed on April 26 during a meeting between the Chairman of the Government of Dagestan Abdulmuslim Abdulmuslimov and representatives of the Iranian airline Private joint stock company Pars Golden Sky.
According to the press service of the Dagestani government, “the Iranian side proposed the opening of an aviation hub in Dagestan, including the creation of an enterprise for the repair of aircraft and spare parts and the organization of a cargo hub.”
https://oopstop.com/iran-intends-to-create-an-air-hub-in-dagestan/

https://ria.ru/20230426/khab-1867975793.html
Dagestan.JPG

Amir Khajefard, head of the Defense Ministry's Aviation Industries Organization: Simorgh Transport Plane has completed the taxi process and our feedback from this stage has been very good and we are on the verge of flying this bird.
https://jahansanatnews.ir/348222-هواپیمای-ایرانی-سیمرغ-خرداد-ماه-پرواز/
image during the taxi tests
Fu3qcEfXsAEHGUV.jpeg

There is a possibility that this aircraft will be used by both the armed forces and the commercial fleet.
In response to a question about when the Simorgh aircraft will fly, the head of the Defense Ministry's Aviation Industries Organization said: I expect the Simorgh aircraft to be flying by June.

Amir Khajefard, head of the Defense Ministry's Aviation Industries Organization: Simorgh Transport Plane has completed the taxi process and our feedback from this stage has been very good and we are on the verge of flying this bird.
https://jahansanatnews.ir/348222-هواپیمای-ایرانی-سیمرغ-خرداد-ماه-پرواز/
image during the taxi tests
View attachment 927059

There is a possibility that this aircraft will be used by both the armed forces and the commercial fleet.
In response to a question about when the Simorgh aircraft will fly, the head of the Defense Ministry's Aviation Industries Organization said: I expect the Simorgh aircraft to be flying by June.
Great stuff!!

Does anyone happen to know if the engine is domestically made or if it is imported? Also, do we have any images of the plane's cockpit; would be awesome to see indigenous avionics and electronics on board.

Great stuff!!

Does anyone happen to know if the engine is domestically made or if it is imported? Also, do we have any images of the plane's cockpit; would be awesome to see indigenous avionics and electronics on board.
very interesting question, which I too had asked myself.
Observing some photos during the assembly of the Simorgh, it was noted that the pylons that support the engines are the same as the IrAn-140 (AN-140) and the engine covers are the same as in the last published photo. this leads me to think that they use the same Motor Sich AI-30 engine, probably in stock and improved as alleged recently, when they said that the problems that arose while using the IrAn-140 had been solved, modifications that should have been implemented by Iranian industry technicians. Now the question is which powerplants will Iran use in production aircraft?
1) very difficult, almost impossible for obvious reasons the Ukrainian ones by Motor-Sich, which I think have been modified to equip the prototype;
2) ok the Russian Klimov still holds the original patent of the turboshaft called TV3-117VMA-SBM1, but at the moment it does not have them in production as it had issued the license to Motor Sich to make the modified turboprop version for commercial aircraft.
3) alternatively, the Iranians have also become good at decoding aeronautical engines and with the newfound friendship for common interests with the Russians, the work could receive important help from Klimov who continues to make the turbolators of the TV3-117 series and later used on helicopters.
My further guess:
a close Iran - Russia collaboration could even bring benefits for both, Iran putting the Simorgh into series production faster Since ;
Russia has an extreme need to replace the now old AN-24-26 both in transport and as passenger aircraft, the Simorgh could be a valid alternative for many segments of flight activities in Russia, also because the AN-140 was produced also in Russia by Aviakor which had to stop production due to a ban by Kiev on sending the components produced to the territory of Ukraine.
Therefore, the Russian Aviakor in collaboration with Iranian companies could put into production an aircraft that it already knows in part, thus facilitating mass production.

Initial peek into Iran's first commercial aircraft Jet Engine:

Made by MAPNA undergoing dynamic tests
Eng_0.jpg

Eng_1.jpg

Eng_4.jpg

آزمایش موفق موتور کاملا ایرانی هواپیما با حضور رئیس‌جمهور​

با حضور رئیس جمهور در شرکت مپنا موتور کاملا ایرانی و نیز سیستم کنترل موتور هوایی که به روش مهندسی معکوس توسط متخصصان گروه صنعتی مپنا ساخته شده است، با موفقیت آزمایش شد.

Initial peek into Iran's first commercial aircraft Jet Engine:

Made by MAPNA undergoing dynamic tests
Eng_0.jpg

Eng_1.jpg

Eng_4.jpg

آزمایش موفق موتور کاملا ایرانی هواپیما با حضور رئیس‌جمهور​

با حضور رئیس جمهور در شرکت مپنا موتور کاملا ایرانی و نیز سیستم کنترل موتور هوایی که به روش مهندسی معکوس توسط متخصصان گروه صنعتی مپنا ساخته شده است، با موفقیت آزمایش شد.
I wonder if it’s another reverse engineer project or fully developed Iranian project from years of experience under sanctions, well either way good for them all Muslim countries should stride from independence of others.

I wonder if it’s another reverse engineer project or fully developed Iranian project from years of experience under sanctions, well either way good for them all Muslim countries should stride from independence of others.
It is reversed engineered from CFM56 European engine according to my info.

Reverse engineering a product is as difficult as building from scratch so you may ask why not build from scratch ..the answer is two very important factors in Engineering:

1- It shortens the development time and cost
2- The end product is risk free ..meaning you know if you do it right the end product will work.

That is why Iran most of the time opts for reverse engineering. Also Iran does not have to worry about IP and licensing issues something that Europeans and Americans hate to see but they are the ones who left the Iranian market first and reneged on their commitments.

Reverse engineering a product is as difficult as building from scratch so you may ask why not build from scratch ..the answer is two very important factors in Engineering:

2- The end product is risk free ..meaning you know if you do it right the end product will work.

That is why Iran most of the time opts for reverse engineering. Also Iran does not have to worry about IP and licensing issues something that Europeans and Americans hate to see but they are the ones who left the Iranian market first and reneged on their commitments.
Well yeah I know at least that much but I hope they improved on the original I looked up the engine you mentioned they’re basically stopped making it low production for spares, but with most everything I’ve seen of Iran reversing tech they usually improve on most tech or at least equal to the technology.

Well yeah I know at least that much but I hope they improved on the original I looked up the engine you mentioned they’re basically stopped making it low production for spares, but with most everything I’ve seen of Iran reversing tech they usually improve on most tech or at least equal to the technology.
They always improve it..Siemens turbine "E" class is a good example..they improved its efficiency .Better than the Siemens..lol

Remember this is the first commercial jet engine Iran makes not the last...you need to start with something low risk.

How many countries can produce a high bypass turbofan engine? This the most used (and most reliable) engine in the world, if Iran can produce this it is one of the great achievements in Iranian history

if I may, I would like to add that in Iran they were already making reverse engineered spare parts for that turbofan, precisely because with the sanctions it was difficult to find them even on the black market without then being sure of their suitability for use on a passenger plane. therefore, as also for the J85, over the years more and more components have been created to keep those engines efficient and the complete reverse engineered of the entire engine was only the final act.
Now it is to be known whether MAPNA will produce/assemble it in series, or the work will be delegated to another Iranian company

Back
Top Bottom