What's new

Iranian Aviation Products..military and civilian

Are the engines domestic?
No official info on source for the engines..speculation are that the engines are either sourced from Russia or at least for the early versions are the modified original Uki engines that had design problem and those problems now resolved..This aircraft will be built in numbers so I would expect either a reverse engineered version or a license production of Russian engines ...

No official info on source for the engines..speculation are that the engines are either sourced from Russia or at least for the early versions are the modified original Uki engines that had design problem and those problems now resolved..This aircraft will be built in numbers so I would expect either a reverse engineered version or a license production of Russian engines ...
Unfortunate. Albeit great achievement with the aircraft.

Originariamente l'IrAn-140 aveva 52 posti passeggeri + equipaggio quindi calcolando che l'articolo indica che può trasportare 75 persone (assumendo compreso l'equipaggio) la differenza dovrebbe essere 23.
Ma IrAn-140 ogni fila è composta da 4 posti e non 5,
View attachment 936876quindi secondo i tuoi calcoli il Simorgh dovrebbe essere più lungo di 6 metri!!
ma confrontando il primo esemplare del Simorgh ha 12 finestre, mentre l'IrAn-140 ha 13 finestre,
View attachment 936877
View attachment 936878
il che fa pensare che non ci siano 6 metri di dislivello nella parte dedicata ai passeggeri.

Inoltre, se l'Iran-140 ha avuto problemi di potenza con i turbofan originali, tanto che gli è stato ordinato di ridurre il peso massimo al decollo, il che ha comportato una diminuzione del numero di passeggeri trasportati, fa pensare che per questo ipotetico 75 -seat Simorgh , il turboelica utilizzato dovrebbe avere una potenza maggiore, il che solleva la questione:
1) Gli iraniani hanno sviluppato una versione più potente del motore turboelica Motor-Sich AI-30 / Klimov TV3-117VMA-SBM1
2) qualcuno fornisce o fornirà un turboelica adatto alla potenza.
in order not to saturate the IRIAF discussion, I report here my answer concerning a possible Simorgh for passenger transport which is indicated for 75 person.
on the net I found the characteristics of the passenger cabin of the AN-140 with 52 seats
with relative measures, passenger cabin width 2.6 meters, seat width between armrests 44 cm, aisle width 45 cm at leg height,,
I add that the distance between the seats is 78 cm.
an-140-seat-map.jpg

This leads me to think that during the visit of the minister, the head of the Civil Aviation Organization actually wanted to indicate as aircraft that could seat 75 people the aircraft which should be the IRJ-72 which is also referred to as a derivative from AN-140 and Simorgh, but equipped with a Turbofan, which in size would fit perfectly

FkVgO5kXkAEJ3I9.jpg_large.jpg

C4cMsiKps0Roj-xWN5eDWCrDUhxR_90KfsVMn2MP35k.jpg

Last edited:
Some information on Radar Bayyenat-I on F-4E/D Dowran. Its a 10+ years old product, and was very impressive for its time when Dowran project was started some 15 years ago.

First Shown: 2015
Maker: SSJ (Mehrabad)
Descent: AN/APQ-120 (??)
Antenna: Slotted Flat Array with Dual Axis mechanical scanning.
Antenna Stabilisation: Stab-In (to compensate for pitch, yaw), Stab-out (fixed)
T/R elements = ~600 (??)
Interface: Multi-Functional Display (MFD) + Control Panel
Type: Multimode Pulse Doppler
Band: X
Look down shoot down: Yes
SAR capability: Yes
ECM/Jamming: Yes
Moving Target Identification: Yes ??
Amplification Gain: Yes
Target Prioritizing Control: Yes
Modes: Air-Air, Air-Surface, Air-Sea, RWS, TWS, Velocity Search, Manual-Search, MTI, Beaconing
Tracking Aspects: Nose (target moving in), Tail (Target Moving out), Beam (Target out of LOS)
Range (Detection/Tracking)
Air to Surface/Sea ~270/220 KM ?? (Ghader + Nasr AShCM, Possible Ya-Ali LACM)
Air to Air Between 150/100+ KM a fighter size target??
Implementation: Upgrade program "Dowran" on ~35 jets

Sources:
Tasnim
Mashregnews
BT

In one tweet BT said that the radar's true capabilities were not unvieled for security reasons

1688337677139.png

1688338484964.png

1688338498451.png

1688341546462.png

1688341665476.png

1688341827025.png

1688341863857.png

All I have on RWR..IEI site no longer available to public.
View attachment 823052
or could be this spec sheet
View attachment 823053
View attachment 823054

Interesting mock-up of some cockpit..may be a simulator..!!! 13 years old..
View attachment 823056

Infographics for KOWSAR (notice how they spelled the name)
View attachment 823058
In the above infographic of Kowsar, reference is made to 'Innovative advanced Euonic architecture.

Usual searches came up empty.

Do you perhaps know what this refers to.

Thanks

P

In the above infographic of Kowsar, reference is made to 'Innovative advanced Euonic architecture.

Usual searches came up empty.

Do you perhaps know what this refers to.

Thanks

P
I am sure they meant " avionics "..and it may be referring to kowsar having a Fly By Wire architecture..which is not Mil-std 1553 based ( Iranian internally based protocol for FBW).

The Iranian airline Mahan Air demonstrated how the Airbus A330-300 aircraft with registration number RA-73700 of the largest Russian airline Aeroflot is being serviced.

Apparently the Russians were satisfied with the work done in Iran
<< Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the cabinet session on Wednesday, Dehqani Firouzabadi said that the Russian companies have signed significant contracts with Iran for airplane repair and maintenance.>>

But the last statement regarding the engines is also interesting

<<We are a manufacturer of airplane parts, and the knowledge-based companies are supposed to supply parts 8-) or engines for aircraft in Mehrabad International Airport.>>

https://en.irna.ir/news/85247298/VP-Russia-signs-contacts-with-Iran-on-aircraft-repair-maintenance

https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/157818-russian_aircraft_iran/

Last edited:
I Watched a "Partizan" video where he mentioned about Iran might joint Russia with $10 billion dollar to develop a 5th or 6th!! Gen aircraft.. @WudangMaster you may know more about this.

Any way here is KF-21 5th Gen of Korea/Indonesia with all flight tests almost done .

Costs $1.3 billion just for development stage (engine not included)
Uses American F414 engine
Uses Israel developed ELTA AESA radar produced locally
Other subsystems !!
Production planned for 2026
Has plans for domestic engine some time later.

KF_21.jpeg
KF_21_2.jpeg

I Watched a "Partizan" video where he mentioned about Iran might joint Russia with $10 billion dollar to develop a 5th or 6th!! Gen aircraft.. @WudangMaster you may know more about this.

Any way here is KF-21 5th Gen of Korea/Indonesia with all flight tests almost done .

Costs $1.3 billion just for development stage (engine not included)
Uses American F414 engine
Uses Israel developed ELTA AESA radar produced locally
Other subsystems !!
Production planned for 2026
Has plans for domestic engine some time later.

View attachment 963736View attachment 963737
1.3 billion USD is Indonesia cost share, total project cost is about 6.6 billion USD. This is inline with Indonesia 20% stake on the program, SK has 80 % stake.

The project cost is reduced alhamdulillah after the development is going on from total cost of 10 billion USD (Indonesia cost share is 2 billion USD) that is previously estimated.

KF21 initial mass production is in 2024 inshaAllah while development keep being continued until 2026. This is because Korean Armed Force has already been satisfied with current flight test performance. 2026 is the period where KF21 is expexted to get type certificate and more on meeting international standard of flight testing. More intensive flight testing is also important to the plane future development.

India AMCA program total cost estimation is 2 billion USD ( Indian estimate), but AMCA is not yet producing any prototype, so we dont really now whether the project cost is that amount.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom