What's new

Iran Implies Collapse Of Deal To Buy Russia’s Su-35 Warplanes

Domestic development is the only sure bet for Iran to have an airforce..release the required funds and specify your high level requirements...you will be surprised how quickly the development progresses...

This stupid indecision about missiles vs aircraft or foreign vs domestic is so unproductive..

SL should step in and terminate this debate once and for all.
When Ashtiani says that there will be a shift in policies, you have to draw your own conclusion. From my POV, It means, we will throw the money at domestic plans.

That's the best solution, Russia is economically weak, they will eventually bargain a deal with west. Its a huge waste to count on them even over simplest thing let alone over strategic issues. Syrians had to tolerate losing North of their country while having Israeli threat at their west. Guess, What did the so called Russian ally did for them? Absolutely shit, they sold Syria to NATO's eastern ally. Russians lack foresight, they can't see things beyond their nose. Otherwise, they would not have waited for 8 years for NATO to arm Ukraine or they would have never retreated after Zelenskyy's promise.

We shouldn't repeat the experience of Mig-29, don't waste money on retarded systems of Russians. If not ahead, we are not behind Russians in electronics.

Possibility of this statement being a hoax to cover the fact of SU-35's actually being delivered to Iran? Drone production and collaboration only seems to be on the rise between the two countries and the fact that Iran paid for these last year and just simply not receiving them flat out by the Russians seems unlikely to me and I wouldn't rule this possibility out.

I believe the current rate of production in Russia of SU-35's is about 14 per year as well.

tbh... I bet Russia wants to supply Iran with Su-35s, but it just can't do it. Russia's industrial capabilities are well behind that of China across almost all areas, especially electronics and aerostructure materials. They can't scale as widely as China nor can they up output as high as China. I'd argue that the days of us seeing Russia as a major exporter of aircraft are over; it's USA, Europe, and China now.

The only thing stopping China from supplying Iran is American pressure re: trade. However, as the U.S. ups the ante in the Pacific, I can see the Chinese also responding in kind by giving Iran what it wants. The neat thing about Iran is that while it's a fuel giant, it's also sitting on a lot of organic R&D expertise; so, the Chinese may even be able to get some R&D services from Iran to further augment their own industries.

It wouldn't surprise me if Iran gets Sino-Flankers and, like the F-14, ends up being the only overseas user of said Flankers.
Perhaps not Sino-Flankers per de, but perhaps they will transfer Russian made flankers back to Russia, and Russia will sell them on to Iran.

The only question, is why would China risk it, considering everything it’s trying to do in the arm market alone with the GCC countries?

Iran is really on its own, which is why it is developing its own platforms.

China could sell sub-systems “under the radar” but whole platforms could hurt their other interests.

That’s why Iran is holding out hope the Russians deliver one way or another.

Last edited:
tbh... I bet Russia wants to supply Iran with Su-35s, but it just can't do it. Russia's industrial capabilities are well behind that of China across almost all areas, especially electronics and aerostructure materials. They can't scale as widely as China nor can they up output as high as China. I'd argue that the days of us seeing Russia as a major exporter of aircraft are over; it's USA, Europe, and China now.

The only thing stopping China from supplying Iran is American pressure re: trade. However, as the U.S. ups the ante in the Pacific, I can see the Chinese also responding in kind by giving Iran what it wants. The neat thing about Iran is that while it's a fuel giant, it's also sitting on a lot of organic R&D expertise; so, the Chinese may even be able to get some R&D services from Iran to further augment their own industries.

It wouldn't surprise me if Iran gets Sino-Flankers and, like the F-14, ends up being the only overseas user of said Flankers.

According to the agreement, China cannot export the Flanker without Russia's permission.

And Russia will never allow the J16 to appear on the international market.

The construction of the new heavy fighter officially began in 2020

Are you referring to Kowsar I or II?

Yea, absolutely pointless sources. Noone said when exactly the jets will be delivered. IMO it wont happen till the SMO is over, and the Iranian leadership is well aware of that and agreed to it.

What's SMO?

According to the agreement, China cannot export the Flanker without Russia's permission.

And Russia will never allow the J16 to appear on the international market.
Would china sell its Russian made flankers back to Russia, especially considering China makes superior J-16 and J-20 jets domestically?

If Russia sells them onwards to Iran, it would not directly involve China.

Would china sell its Russian made flankers back to Russia, especially considering China makes superior J-16 and J-20 jets domestically?

If Russia sells them onwards to Iran, it would not directly involve China.
Russia won't agree to that.

Why do you think that would be? The Russians need their own aircraft, and could sell upgrades to the Iranians.
Russia cares more about the international market for their military industry.

If they did that, their fighter jets would never be sold again.

And China is not willing to undermine the Neutrality Act, we are not willing to sell military equipment to countries involved in the war.

BTW: Iran is the successor to the Persian Empire, which descended from a great civilization. Iranians need to learn to rely on themselves. I suggest that the Iranians take a stake in the JF17 and J35 programs and establish their own fighter manufacturing industry through these two programs.

Russia cares more about the international market for their military industry.

If they did that, their fighter jets would never be sold again.

And China is not willing to undermine the Neutrality Act, we are not willing to sell military equipment to countries involved in the war.

BTW: Iran is the successor to the Persian Empire, which descended from a great civilization. Iranians need to learn to rely on themselves. I suggest that the Iranians take a stake in the JF17 and J35 programs and establish their own fighter manufacturing industry through these two programs.
Would china be willing to sell the J-35 to the Iranians?

Would china be willing to sell the J-35 to the Iranians?

I don't know.

After all, the J35 is still only a Navy carrier aircraft program, and it still hasn't found a suitable partner for the Army model. However, if Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia are all involved in this program, and regional reconciliation is achieved through this program, that must be what the Chinese would like to see the most. China is, I am afraid, the only major power that genuinely wishes for a great peace in the Middle East countries.

From a Chinese perspective. Although Russia is a powerful friend, its history is characterized by aggression, and its mindset, which loves territorial expansion, is completely different from the Chinese mindset, which loves economic expansion. That's why the Chinese have always maintained a certain degree of vigilance towards Russia.

And the Iranians and the Arabs, we've had trade relations for thousands of years in history. China's Tang Dynasty reached the peak of its national power through Silk Road trade until the Ottoman Turks came along. We haven't had any hatred or harm to each other, so the Chinese have a better view of Iranian Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries than they do of Russia. We also want general understanding and cooperation with these countries.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom