What's new

If you find a missing F-35, please call 843-963-3600

So stealthy, even US itself can not find them now, this is whole new level of being stealthy.

Sir, you hit the nail right over the head, never estimated that the USA has so stealthier equipment.
Mr. USA was unable to find its own downed jet but immediately became aware that OBL hit the twin towers with planes and then took refuge in Abbotabad.

You've a small d*ck.

^This is a joke but not necessarily fake news. There's a fine line, you should know.
If you tell "a joke" presented as reality to a bunch of clueless people they might think it's real, saying it's "a joke" when someone calls you out makes you a Schrödinger's douchebag.

My point is, look at people seriously discussing the F-35 landing in Cuba in that comment section.

The 911 call from the homeowners where the pilot landed in their backyard. Fascinating convo and really highlights the sometimes bizarre questions dispatch asks. Granted this is not the usual call to 911 but still, lol! Fascinating stuff especially the way the pilot ends up a bit frustrated with the line of questions.

What I wonder is - why did the pilot jump?
Controls were not working?

Clearly he wasn't about to crash anytime soon if it flew for so long.
Hi,

Aircraft are known to fly long distance after the canopy is ejected---so that is what may have happened over here.

The guy in the video a few posts back said it wasn't equipped with luneberg lenses which they usually place 2 on the topside and either 1 or 2 underneath the fuselage. They also said that if it wasn't equipped with them, then it was probably performing some training exercise where it needed to be in stealth mode. But even so, it should've had a transponder for exactly this reason.

Every time I've seen F-22s and F-35s at airshows, they're flying with lenses despite shutting down the entire airspace around the airport. Most likely because they were performing heritage flights with other aircraft and needed to be on their radar.
Hi,

Information coming out states that all electronic information is wiped out from the aircraft once it crashed so that nothing can get into the wrong hands---. That is why no transponder signal.

I am pretty sure you have heard of it in the news by now.

The 911 call from the homeowners where the pilot landed in their backyard. Fascinating convo and really highlights the sometimes bizarre questions dispatch asks. Granted this is not the usual call to 911 but still, lol! Fascinating stuff especially the way the pilot ends up a bit frustrated with the line of questions.

Hi,

Absolutely stupid and incompetent of the dispatcher to ask that question.

They are supposed to grasp the situation in the first go---.

Exactly, and the pilot wasn’t hurt (reportedly in stable condition at the hospital) much so he probably wasn’t hurt in any major way that he needed on bail. Guess we wait for the report in an about a year.

Maybe it was a runaway AI System, as we will fin out in a sequel to the 2005 film Stealth.
Hi,

Hurt---maybe he is 1/2 an inch shorter by now---.

Last edited:

Authorities search for F-35 jet after 'mishap' near South Carolina base; pilot safely ejected​

Military officials are searching for a missing aircraft involved in a "mishap" off the coast of South Carolina on Sunday after a Marine Corps pilot safely ejected from the fighter jet.

The pilot ejected and parachuted safely into a North Charleston, South Carolina, neighborhood at about 2 p.m. He was taken to a local hospital, where he was in stable condition, said Maj. Melanie Salinas. The pilot’s name has not been released.

The F-35B Lightning II jet began its flight from Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort. The aircraft was part of a Marine fighter attack training squadron with the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing.

Officials, who are searching north of Joint Base Charleston near Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion based on the aircraft’s last known location, said two planes were flying together but that there is no evidence that one interfered with the other.

The second jet landed at Joint Base Charleston, according to officials.

A South Carolina Law Enforcement Division helicopter joined the search for the F-35 after some bad weather cleared in the area, Senior Master Sgt. Heather Stanton at Joint Base Charleston said. Military officials appealed in online posts Sunday for any help from the public in locating the aircraft.

Authorities did not say what caused the mishap and said more information would be provided at a later time.

Also, tweet of the century.

View attachment 954368

----- UPDATE -----

Found:

That's the problem with stealthy planes, you can't find them when they get lost.

I bet that even in such remote areas, there's bound to be someone who sees a plume of smoke or the thing flying overhead etc. Hard to believe it would go unnoticed for any length of time TBH, unless it crashes in deep waters.

Plus, all the resources the Marine Corps and military in general has for SAR and other types of aerial recon, probably the reason why they found it quickly.

This new breed of fighter pilots is trained to bail out sooner than later. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the crazy amount of internal fuel this thing carries, even if the B has less than the A because of the internal lift fan and certainly less than the larger of the three in the C model, it still carries a lot of fuel. Pilot is worth more than the aircraft.

Even in places we think are remote...aren't really that remote.

somewhere near this intersection which is on the border of two towns (Hemingway and Nesmith, SC)
nearHere.png

Last edited:
how could it land in think air ?

surely the wreckage must be near by?

its a big aircraft and must have caused a fire at the crash site and the crash site must be kind of big ?

The F35's crash rate is too high.

its passed 600,000 hours of flying and 1000th F35 will be delivered end of this year

you are clearly not a aviation expert

i found it it in my garden i want money for it here my account no:457667776 sort code 888900, mr rothshild kashmir, 2.5 billion plz.

Even in places we think are remote...aren't really that remote.

That's what I've been saying. Maybe Alaska might be the exception with its vast and uninhabitable lands and mountainous regions and also because of seasonal effects and the traveling distance makes them harder to reach.

I'd say the Appalachian Mountains and terrain and that entire landscape would be a little tough.

1695669269788.png

But it wasn't anywhere near either of those two. Or the Grand Canyon or Mojave Desert.

What's more puzzling is considering all the level of high-tech sophistication put into that aircraft so that it could outdo any other combat platform out there and the possibility that they didn't install a simple locating beacon system? We know the F/A-18 has one right in the ejection seat which was how they tracked Scott O-Grady when they located his seat after he was shot down over Bosnia/Herzegovina. I don't see why Martin Baker would make seats for the veritable F-35 and not have it equipped with a beacon. I'm sure it does but they just jumped the gun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom