What's new

Iran to build military base on port connected to Pakistan border

There's no issue with Iranians building such a base on their own territory...goes without saying

as long as they dont allow a single indian or indian ship or listening post there then it's none of our business or concern....I would assume and HOPE they wouldnt do something like that which could invite tit for tat response. I dont think they would because they are too busy dealing with conflicts with the Gulf Arabs currently

Whats the big deal? Its there soil and there military base wont hurt us. Iran is not our rival.
If only it stops flirting with india andbecome completely nutral between India and Paksitan, We are Ok wit them

well said...

to be honest, their IRGC has very bad relations with the Indian govt and security establishment so hopefully they would have a say in this matter i.e. making sure the base is only for self defense and not for use by foreign entities or to be used for intelligence gathering in neighbor countries

What If Iran gives access to india during wars for replenishment ? Given that we fail to block hormous strait . Plus thats close to gwadar region , that port could get more threats . PN all set to develop largest shipyard there

to their credit they did give some level of diplomatic and material help to Pakistan in 1965 --when relations were very good

The world order has changed and is further changing rapidly. There is no place for a 'weakling' nuclear nation. Look at North Korea. Pakistan needs a strong leader who can assert Pakistan's superiority in the world for being a nuclear power, and at the same time maintain mutually beneficial ties with all or most countries, excluding India, as long as the Kashmir issue is not resolved. Wherever Pakistan's interests are being sabotaged, it must also be able to give a lion's glare.

There's no issue with Iranians building such a base on their own territory...goes without saying

as long as they dont allow a single indian or indian ship or listening post there then it's none of our business or concern....I would assume and HOPE they wouldnt do something like that which could invite tit for tat response. I dont think they would because they are too busy dealing with conflicts with the Gulf Arabs currently

well said...

to be honest, their IRGC has very bad relations with the Indian govt and security establishment so hopefully they would have a say in this matter i.e. making sure the base is only for self defense and not for use by foreign entities or to be used for intelligence gathering in neighbor countries

to their credit they did give some level of diplomatic and material help to Pakistan in 1965 --when relations were very good
yes i was referring to that also in my most recent post...one thing suddenly popped in my mind ,India is investing in Chahbar , currently we haveno idea whether india will be the one who completes it or china takesover , if india does ,then i think iran will be forced to allow indian ships in this port for visits. What do you say?

yes i was referring to that also in my most recent post...one thing suddenly popped in my mind ,India is investing in Chahbar , currently we haveno idea whether india will be the one who completes it or china takesover , if india does ,then i think iran will be forced to allow indian ships in this port for visits. What do you say?
Even if China funds the chahbahar port, I reckon Iran will end up allowing India to use its port which is highly negative for Pakistan as well as China. India is a snake and Irani government is its son.

Nothing is wrong with that. However, Iran has the tendency to allow Indian RAW use its assets to destabilize Pakistan. If anything like that happens, Pakistan should make use of preemptive strike. :)
you made a good point...that port is nearer to gwadar , RAW and indian sailors can get better help from there to spy....PMSA must be well equipped before this port inaugurates....

Even if China funds the chahbahar port, I reckon Iran will end up allowing India to use its port which is highly negative for Pakistan as well as China. India is a snake and Irani government is its son.
Irani government is not its son and even if it is , then soon this son will leave his mother...strategic shifts will force it to...

you made a good point...that port is nearer to gwadar , RAW and indian sailors can get better help from there to spy....PMSA must be well equipped before this port inaugurates....

Irani government is not its son and even if it is , then soon this son will leave his mother...strategic shifts will force it to...
I've come across a few Iranians. They talk as if they're pro Pakistan. I can't doubt anyone's intention. However, Iranian government has displayed its envy towards Pakistan over the last 2 decade. I still think Iranian government is son of India just like sheikh Haseena Kutti of Bangladesh.

Iran is building a base in their Territory ,there should be no concern over it .. but we need to keep check on all our borders .. After KY and UB saga its hard to trust Iranians

Iran is building a base in their Territory ,there should be no concern over it .. but we need to keep check on all our borders .. After KY and UB saga its hard to trust Iranians
Absolutely! Due to so called, Muslim brotherhood we can't keep getting screwed. A snake is a snake. Pakistan comes first. It is Pakistan that will defend Holly Khana Kaba. It must stand till the end of universe.

Absolutely! Due to so called, Muslim brotherhood we can't keep getting screwed. A snake is a snake. Pakistan comes first. It is Pakistan that will defend Holly Khana Kaba. It must stand till the end of universe.

Pakistan needs to drop this brotherly Nation Titles to everyone, lets just say KSA and Iran are allies, who will bite us in the back the first chance they get .. as Mushi say" Sab se Pehle Pakistan "

Pakistan needs to drop this brotherly Nation Titles to everyone, lets just say KSA and Iran are allies, who will bite us in the back the first chance they get .. as Mushi say" Sab se Pehle Pakistan "
Saudi won't bite us as they know they can have troops from Pakistan that will fight for them until their blood's last drop. I can guarantee you, Iran will bite us every time they get an opportunity. Sheikh Haseena Wajid Kuttti of Bangladesh is like Iranian government. They' re alike.

What is the source on this? I understand US-Iran tensions might make things more sensitive for India, but I haven't seen anything indicating that the development won't go ahead. As far as I'm aware it's moving forward as planned.

It is recent development which you can find it here. Besides, there is no sign of development of Chabahar port while CPEC is already at operational as we speak. And Donald Trump's policy on Iran was clear from the beginning which pushed Iran towards Pakistan for CPEC recently.

from their perspective (and no thanks to our stupid media) they may have speculation that we cant be trusted over the whole IMAFT thing.....it'll take good diplomacy and people to people contacts (for example the Speaker of our Assembly is in Iran, which is good) to build the trust. We shouldnt have any bad blood with Iranians or other Muslim brothers

the KY and UB sagas did create awkward moment for our bilateral ties but I think the indians have caused the Iranians great embarassment.....Hopefully more would be done so that the enemy cant exploit others' territories

If the Iranians had come to KY defense then indeed there would have been problems but even they arent defending indian stupidity - which is good

Saudi won't bite us as they know they can have troops from Pakistan that will fight for them until their blood's last drop. I can guarantee you, Iran will bite us every time they get an opportunity. Sheikh Haseena Wajid Kuttti of Bangladesh is like Iranian government. They' re alike.

i dont think even our worst wisher in Iran could ever be a treacherous scum like that kutti Hasina.....

at the end of the day always remember - permanent interests not permanent friends. There are elements in UAE and Bahrain that also dont want to see CPEC be succesful....and yet UAE and Bahrain are both allies of ours, we have good trade and economic/military ties with them

Back
Top Bottom