What's new

Iran to build military base on port connected to Pakistan border

What is the source on this? I understand US-Iran tensions might make things more sensitive for India, but I haven't seen anything indicating that the development won't go ahead. As far as I'm aware it's moving forward as planned.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/lI...t-plan-runs-into-Iran-loan-application-h.html

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...lay-of-chabahar-port/articleshow/56990454.cms

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...es-said-to-flag-interest-in-delayed-iran-port

It is recent development which you can find it here. Besides, there is no sign of development of Chabahar port while CPEC is already at operational as we speak. And Donald Trump's policy on Iran was clear from the beginning which pushed Iran towards Pakistan for CPEC recently.
None of these sources mention it being called off or postponed, and the delays don't seem to have anything to do with the US but rather come from the Iranian side.

I can't link articles yet, but google the article title "Work at Chabahar Port in Iran progressing fast: Nitin Gadkari". It was written yesterday and says that the development is underway.

None of these sources mention it being called off or postponed, and the delays don't seem to have anything to do with the US but rather come from the Iranian side.

I can't link articles yet, but google the article title "Work at Chabahar Port in Iran progressing fast: Nitin Gadkari". It was written yesterday and says that the development is underway.

I can't take Indian opinion as true because they are party here and bias as well...I think you may be interested in this thread...Members did compare both ports ....Gwadar vs. Chabahr.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/guys-is-pakistan-in-trouble-regarding-cpec-iran-offers-china.420151/

Even Iran is interested in joining Gwadar...https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iran...e-to-china-pakistan-economic-corridor.427267/

I can't take Indian opinion as true because they are party here and bias as well...I think you may be interested in this thread...Members did compare both ports ....Gwadar vs. Chabahr.
You can hardly discount what India says about the development when they are the ones developing it; you aren't going to get a better source. And sure Gwadar is developing more quickly, I'm not denying that.

As for Iranian interest in CPEC, it is a different matter. It makes sense for them to benefit from CPEC to access the route to China, but the Chabahar development is for an entirely different purpose (India). One can't replace the other.

the KY and UB sagas did create awkward moment for our bilateral ties but I think the indians have caused the Iranians great embarassment.....Hopefully more would be done so that the enemy cant exploit others' territories

Iran doesn't take KY or UB as embarrassment, in fact of this was the other way around and a spy or terrorist leader caught in Pakistan which is hurting Iran they would be all over us, and yet we didn't even protest to them , let alone ask Iran to keep in their underwear . i think the Army has realize that Iran is playing a dirty game which leads them to give NoC to RS to join Saudi Alliance, and if Iran keep infiltrating and harboring the terrorists and poke in other countries , than this alliance openly can declare war against Iran, and not to mention that If the Iran gets into a war with KSA and uncle sam will jump in ..Iran wants to see this region burn , a lunatic mulla has a army and Ballistic Missile in Iran which is very dangerous ..

Iran doesn't take KY or UB as embarrassment, in fact of this was the other way around and a spy or terrorist leader caught in Pakistan which is hurting Iran they would be all over us, and yet we didn't even protest to them , let alone ask Iran to keep in their underwear . i think the Army has realize that Iran is playing a dirty game which leads them to give NoC to RS to join Saudi Alliance, and if Iran keep infiltrating and harboring the terrorists and poke in other countries , than this alliance openly can declare war against Iran, and not to mention that If the Iran gets into a war with KSA and uncle sam will jump in ..Iran wants to see this region burn , a lunatic mulla has a army and Ballistic Missile in Iran which is very dangerous ..

longdogdealwithit.gif

from their perspective (and no thanks to our stupid media) they may have speculation that we cant be trusted over the whole IMAFT thing.....it'll take good diplomacy and people to people contacts (for example the Speaker of our Assembly is in Iran, which is good) to build the trust. We shouldnt have any bad blood with Iranians or other Muslim brothers

the KY and UB sagas did create awkward moment for our bilateral ties but I think the indians have caused the Iranians great embarassment.....Hopefully more would be done so that the enemy cant exploit others' territories

If the Iranians had come to KY defense then indeed there would have been problems but even they arent defending indian stupidity - which is good

i dont think even our worst wisher in Iran could ever be a treacherous scum like that kutti Hasina.....

at the end of the day always remember - permanent interests not permanent friends. There are elements in UAE and Bahrain that also dont want to see CPEC be succesful....and yet UAE and Bahrain are both allies of ours, we have good trade and economic/military ties with them
That kuttiya is the biggest whore. You're right, maybe its incorrect to compare that whore with Iranian government.

There is no confirmation yet, but the foreign policy of Donald Trump which has been reinforced gave clear indication on Iran, not to mention Modi policy with Donald Trump is clear indication that forced Iran to offer its routes for CPEC. It was months ago.

There has been no sign of report on Chabahar port from both sides either way, whereas the report for CPEC has been updated regularly to this day.

Again bahi myray, you cannot blame Iranian government to be active and aggressive when it comes to there national interest just because ours suck at it!! :P

How they can't be blamed ? They are involve in violence in all of their neighborhood including Pakistan.
How they can't be blamed ? When their motive till today remains dominance of their sect in all of their neighborhood including Pakistan, and that by any mean.
How they can't be blamed ? When Indian terrorists are entering Pakistan from their territory on Iranian national documents
How they can't be blamed ? When Pakistani local terrorist are getting Iranian passport and are involve in terror in combination with Iranian agencies

We can't blame India for terror activities in Pakistan as they are open enemy. They have to do what they have to do.
But stabbing in back by so called brother and then not to blame him ?

How they can't be blamed ? They are involve in violence in all of their neighborhood including Pakistan.
How they can't be blamed ? When their motive till today remains dominance of their sect in all of their neighborhood including Pakistan, and that by any mean.
How they can't be blamed ? When Indian terrorists are entering Pakistan from their territory on Iranian national documents
How they can't be blamed ? When Pakistani local terrorist are getting Iranian passport and are involve in terror in combination with Iranian agencies

We can't blame India for terror activities in Pakistan as they are open enemy. They have to do what they have to do.
But stabbing in back by so called brother and then not to blame him ?
Oo myray jazbati bahi!!

Please read the post with a calm head!!

SURELY they can be blamed for these things that you have mentioned, IF we can prove these. I am just saying that they cannot be blamed because our government sucks and there's not so much when it comes to protection NATIONAL INTEREST of there respective countries.

Aikl tu itni jazbati awam ha, kisi na disagree kia nai aur uf pa fatwa laga nahi!!

I m not jazbati my dear. I just put the facts. You are most welcome put your own fact.

As on one side Iran can blame Pakistan just for the reason that a retired General gets job in a country which Mullah doesn't like, on other hand Pakistanis are not allowed blame Iran for her terror activities inside Pakistan.

No one is blaming Iran for deficiencies of Pakistani govt. Iran is being blamed for the damage done to Pakistan by Iran directly.

In fact, I have been a lot hearing jazbati words of my friends, which seems more loyal to Iran than their own homeland, and always have some lame excuses for Iranian wrong doings. Even Iranians themselves are not so touchy about Mullah and post revolution Iran, as some Pakistan are.

Oo myray jazbati bahi!!

Please read the post with a calm head!!

SURELY they can be blamed for these things that you have mentioned, IF we can prove these. I am just saying that they cannot be blamed because our government sucks and there's not so much when it comes to protection NATIONAL INTEREST of there respective countries.

Aikl tu itni jazbati awam ha, kisi na disagree kia nai aur uf pa fatwa laga nahi!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom