What's new

Indian General praises Colonel Sher Khan for his bravery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to point out that Captain Karnail Sher Khan got his award ON THE SPECIFIC REFERENCE MADE BY THE INDIAN ARMY TO THEIR COUNTERPARTS IN THE PAKISTAN ARMY.

There were no survivors, no one to testify to his gallantry.

Please look it up.

At one time I had kept count. There were 8 occasions when Pakistani soldiers got awards based on Indian Army reports to the PA.

My facts gathering may not be very good, but I do not know of a single instance of the reverse happening.

I hear that Arun Khetrapal was praised by his opposite after cease fire. But unlike other cases, his galor was also witnessed by own troops...

@nair

I have given up on this kid .. he is right, we survive because of who he mentions .. but are weakened in our cause as a nation by people of this thinking and knowledge.

Sir to your earlier post about Pakistan Army forwarding citation for any indian?

The Pakka episode in Fazilka in 1971 wherein SSG took control of one flank of the DCB and the brigade there was tasked to take it, which incidentally we couldn't as the young lieutenant of Pakistan was excellent in his defence?

Incidentally Maj Shabbir Sharief, the elder brother of present COAS of PA lost his life in it.
Maj Narain Singh was only one to reach the defences held by PA in DCB and Beriwala Bridge (Maj Sharief)

His citation was, as legend would have it, written by the young lieutenant of SSG on a piece of paper and left after the war for his bravery .. its a legend which a vet of INA who was resident of Fazilka told me back in 1991 .. so I am missing out on the names and few facts. Cant find any record in Indian official history ...

Incidentally we could not re-capture the DCB .... lol

I'm delighted to read this. It disturbed me when I did my research (oh, some five or six years ago) that it was so one-sided.

Really appreciate this.

I was about to write something when caution stayed my hand. We are under observation by peculiar people.

@hellfire , you are bothering the dickens out of me. You said something about my pic on WhatsApp. How the devil did you get hold of my WhatsApp?

So the way you say i get a feel that it is a crime to love MMS or AK

In India NOTHING is a crime

You can call for India's disintegration like Kanhaiya and Umar Khalid and
GET POLICE PROTECTION because there is a threat to your life

You can glorify Terrorists like Barkha Dutt is doing and YET get a PADMA SHRI
and be a Heroine for all Anti nationals

MMS and Antony were just bloody crooks ; incompetent people and
just indulged in APPEASEMENT of Pakistan

HONOURABLE people

They were both DISASTERS along with P Chidambaram and That Italian B****

If India survived it is BECAUSE of the
INSTITUTIONAL STRENGTH of our Forces and the Civilian Bureaucracy

There is a half filled cup infront of you....... I leave it to you to decide mate.....

@nair

I have given up on this kid .. he is right, we survive because of who he mentions .. but are weakened in our cause as a nation by people of this thinking and knowledge.

This is what happens when people get blinded by political love or hatred....... Poor guy wont even know what is wrong with him.....

I hear that Arun Khetrapal was praised by his opposite after cease fire. But unlike other cases, his galor was also witnessed by own troops...

No, it is a romantic, very sad story. His father (also a fauji, retired by then) went to Pakistan after the war. There he was intercepted by a servicing officer of brigadier rank and put up at home. However, that officer never, ever exchanged any words with him until the last day of the visit. It was then that he entered Col. Brigadier Khetrapal's room and abruptly informed him in tones of deeply suppressed emotion that he was the tank commander whose tank fired the shell that had killed the Lieutenant. If I remember correctly, I read the Colonel Brigadier Sahib's personal account.

His father was received, by none other than the Commander of the tank that killed his tank and him

An honor from a soldier to another ..

His father was hosted by the officer - a brigadier rank officer

https://defence.pk/threads/a-touching-tale-of-71-war.38768/

Damn! I just repeated the same story without seeing that you had written. Thanks.

Last edited:
Really appreciate this.

I was about to write something when caution stayed my hand. We are under observation by peculiar people.

@hellfire , you are bothering the dickens out of me. You said something about my pic on WhatsApp. How the devil did you get hold of my WhatsApp?

Yes. I agree.

For latter, you leave your number lying around .. bound to be picked up ..lol

MMS and Antony were just bloody crooks ; incompetent people and
just indulged in APPEASEMENT of Pakistan

I dont go to a sakha mate..... nor i go to a congress rally.(i do not know what equivalent they have)......

We won ; they lost ; why do you expect them to commend our soldiers

And what would their commendation letter look like

" Major Vikram Batra or Captain Manoj Pandey drove us away from Tololing ./ Tiger Hill"
you did not win our politicians lost.

They were both DISASTERS along with P Chidambaram and That Italian B****

If India survived it is BECAUSE of the
INSTITUTIONAL STRENGTH of our Forces and the Civilian Bureaucracy

The person you are addressing in such rude terms is a member of the forces whose institutional strength you have been extolling.

What are you part of? The Forces? Or the civilian bureaucracy?

What are your credentials to question his observations on what the Army was and was not allowed to do, sitting well outside any point of military action?

There is a half filled cup infront of you....... I leave it to you to decide mate.....

Wrong Analogy mate -- If you want to describe MMS and AK antony

We can say

1 Fish ROTS from the head

Or 2 Wolf in Sheep's clothing

Wrong Analogy mate -- If you want to describe MMS and AK antony

We can say

1 Fish ROTS from the head

Or 2 Wolf in Sheep's clothing

Lol Ask your own leaders ( assuming that ur a BJP supporter) They might have a different opinion....... Any way i do not want this to be a political thread, and the way you post i dont think you cant think beyond political angle..... So kindly do not derail the thread by giving it political angle .........We have a dedicated sticky thread

The person you are addressing in such rude terms is a member of the forces whose institutional strength you have been extolling.

What are you part of? The Forces? Or the civilian bureaucracy?

What are your credentials to question his observations on what the Army was and was not allowed to do, sitting well outside any point of military action?

So now you want to bring out more dirty Linen

OK here it is

Over the years CONGRESS party used Promotions in the Military as a TOOL
for making sychopants out of Army officers

The Pyramidical structure and the intense competition led to politicisation of Army promotions

Hence there is NO surprise that people who have GAINED from the UPA GRAVY train
will sing praises of it

In BR (bharat Rakshak ) there was a discussion on How many good MAJOR Generals
who had lost the next promotion
including NDA toppers --all due to POLITICISATION

That damned site is down

If VK SINGH's Birth records can be fabricated ; if PRIME land in Cantonments can be
sold

if ARMS dealers can decide policy then what is big deal in appointing
your favorite people as LT GENERALS

@Joe Shearer and @hellfire If its not much trouble could you guys point me where to find any authentic (or at-least close to it) write up on covert operations along the LOC.
Thanking you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom