What's new

Indian General praises Colonel Sher Khan for his bravery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich, coming from a nation that mounted attacks on ours in 1947, in 1965, in 1966-68, in 1999, and in Mumbai. It is you that have always sought a conflict, when not an open one, a stealthily promoted one. It is a consistent track record, and a pious statement this late in the day is unlikely to recoup your lost reputation.

First of all I don't why you are saying all this to me since the fact it is @Stephen Cohen who is saying that a conflict is imminent not me.

Secondly. As I said before. History is something that is always debatable and one can change it and twist it to one's perspective. You think we are aggressors. We share the same feelings for you. So let's not go there with blaming each other on what happened decades ago.

Arnab Goswami is cordially despised by a large number of Indians. He appeals to the lowest common denominator. I beg to be excluded, along with a significant majority of others

He might appeal to least common denominator. With things going in Indian society this "least common denominator" won't be "least common denominator" anymore.

None of them are editor in chief of a leading TV channel.

Arnab is NOT a terrorist

He just MOULDS and gives SHAPE to Public opinion

He helps people of India see the reality -- who are foolish to expect peace with Pakistan

Are you MMS himself or his relative ; you have NO SHAME

You dont need Arnab Goswami ;

You have got Hafiz saeed and Masood Azhar and
Sayeed salahuddin

@Stephen Cohen

Kindly explain that remark.
  • What does the PM of India have to do with cross-border incidents?
  • When did the PM order an indifferent attitude or ask for holding back?
  • When did the PM interfere with the conduct of troops on a live front?
  • What proof do you have for this, other than your own opinion?
This kind of loose talk is exasperating.

Last edited:
First of all I don't why you are saying all this to me since the fact it is @Stephen Cohen who is saying that a conflict is imminent not me.

I apologise. That c***n happens to be on my ignore list, and I only investigated when it became clear that you were referring to somebody else's posts, which I could not see.

Secondly. As I said before. History is something that is always debatable and one can change it and twist it to one's perspective. You think we are aggressors. We share the same feelings for you. So let's not go there with blaming each other on what happened decades ago.

As you wish. I have always cited references that were Pakistani or neutral, never or rarely Indian references.

He might appeal to least common denominator. With things going in Indian society this "least common denominator" won't be "least common denominator" anymore.

I have reason to believe that this is changing.

Kindly explain that remark.
  • What does the PM of India have to do with cross-border incidents?
  • When did the PM order an indifferent attitude or ask for holding back?
  • When did the PM interfere with the conduct of troops on a live front?
  • What proof do you have for this, other than your own opinion?
This kind of loose talk is exasperating.

It looks like you were LIVING in a CAVE in 2013

Dont you remember the endless TV debates and Articles after TWO cross border
raids -- especially the causes which were analysed in detail

What had emboldened Pakistan Army

Infact Pakistanis USED to TAUNT Indian soldiers that You will have to TAKE Permission
from MMS before opening Fire

Consider it dropped.

I don't know why I got angry about the lack of acknowledgement of the Indian Army's role in Captain Sher Khan's investiture, and why I allowed myself to be completely hornswoggled by two intelligent operators, who kept up the pressure on completely different issues while ignoring the issue I had raised.

PS: that also answers @Areesh ' point about our propaganda machinery being better than theirs. It shows who is better at issue management.

I don't know why I got angry about the lack of acknowledgement of the Indian Army's role in Captain Sher Khan's investiture, and why I allowed myself to be completely hornswoggled by two intelligent operators, who kept up the pressure on completely different issues while ignoring the issue I had raised.
Because to err is only human, sir, nothing to be ashamed of it, could happen to anybody.

Are you MMS himself or his relative ; you have NO SHAME

Imbecile enough of your rants and idiocy

Get something straight into that thick head of yours:

1. Under no provision in any statuette or legal order has it ever been said that an officer of Indian Army, as commissioned by the President under the official Gazette Notification as pertinent, is not supposed to respond to any provocation across LC or even for that matter IB.

2. The difference between MMS and present government is the term 'proportional response' and 'escalatory response'.
The former meant that the army should respond only with like calibre weapons as to provocation of PA troops/BG units - for your inability to comprehend, it meant if a rocket was fired we respond with rocket, if a rifle, only with rifle. The latter again reiterates calibrated response to suppress enemy fire as per SOP for ARMY (which has always been with same caliber response until and unless a war), the difference comes now that the Company/Det commander can escalate the caliber on his side if the situation warrants. At no time, was IA prevented from using heavy caliber weapons, the same had to be told to the area commander/GOC incase of Artillery across LC or Brigade Commander in 81 mm mortar across LC.

3. The two raids by Pakistan? On 2 Aug 2011, 03 casualties occurred with a unit near Keran Sector with decapitation of heads of 01 x JCO and 02 x ORs. On 20 Aug 2011, biggest infiltration bid of the time along Kishanganaga river in Bagtore was foiled (Neelam river) where in Lt Navdeep Singh was awarded AC posthumously, on night of 30-31 Aug 2011, on Eid day, PA lost quite a few heads on the same post from where the BAT action was launched .... do you understand?

4. The IA has complete freedom of action to act as and when it needs. Indian Army calibrates its response to the situation. The act of declaring war is a political decision, not army's business. Its job is to ensure no infiltration in the LC region and under the mandate given to it 'to maintain the territorial integrity of the Union of India' and includes the mandate to preserve the status quo as directed by all government's including the present, along LC till such a time as a 'political settlement is facilitated'

For the umpteenth time, stop spreading your ignorance of things you DO NOT KNOW AND DON'T EFFING UNDERSTAND!!!

First serve your nation in uniform and then speak

@hellfire

In 2013 when that Hemraj Incident happened then your Bloody MMS and AK antony messed
up

In parliament he said that Persons WEARING Pak Army uniforms attacked India

That was like giving a clean chit to Pak Army

There was an uproar in Parliament and the fools then corrected themselves

But the damage had been done

On NDTV ; Shekhar Gupta said that there is so much anger in the Army
that AK Antony was advised by RAW not to go to Kashmir

You can ask Shekhar Gupta ; You will NOT get a LINK for what I am saying

After that firing went on LOC for several days

But what emboldened the Pak Army was the stupid duo of MMS and AK antony

Your idiocy knows no bounds ....

We prepared for limited strike. We were asked to prepare targets across LC. We did exactly that .....

Now shut the eff up

Imbecile enough of your rants and idiocy

Get something straight into that thick head of yours:

1. Under no provision in any statuette or legal order has it ever been said that an officer of Indian Army, as commissioned by the President under the official Gazette Notification as pertinent, is not supposed to respond to any provocation across LC or even for that matter IB.

2. The difference between MMS and present government is the term 'proportional response' and 'escalatory response'.
The former meant that the army should respond only with like calibre weapons as to provocation of PA troops/BG units - for your inability to comprehend, it meant if a rocket was fired we respond with rocket, if a rifle, only with rifle. The latter again reiterates calibrated response to suppress enemy fire as per SOP for ARMY (which has always been with same caliber response until and unless a war), the difference comes now that the Company/Det commander can escalate the caliber on his side if the situation warrants. At no time, was IA prevented from using heavy caliber weapons, the same had to be told to the area commander/GOC incase of Artillery across LC or Brigade Commander is 81 mm mortar across LC.

3. The two raids by Pakistan? On 2 Aug 2011, 03 casualties occurred with a unit near Keran Sector with decapitation of heads of 01 x JCO and 02 x ORs. On 20 Aug 2011, biggest infiltration bid of the time along Kishanganaga river in Bagtore was foiled (Neelam river) where in Lt Navdeep Singh was awarded AC posthumously, on night of 30-31 Aug 2011, on Eid day, PA lost quite a few heads on the same post from where the BAT action was launched .... do you understand?

4. The IA has complete freedom of action to act as and when it needs. Indian Army calibrates its response to the situation. The act of declaring war is a political decision, not army's business. Its job is to ensure no infiltration in the LC region and under the mandate given to it 'to maintain the territorial integrity of the Union of India' and includes the mandate to preserve the status quo as directed by all government's including the present, along LC till such a time as a 'political settlement is facilitated'

For the umpteenth time, stop spreading your ignorance of things you DO NOT KNOW AND DON'T EFFING UNDERSTAND!!!

I will never BELIEVE you -- who are you -- an ANONYMOUS supporter of MMS

During 2013 ; there was endless debates and articles on those events
and what emboldened Pakistan Army

Many experts wrote and spoke at that time -- with their NAMES and photos and designations
They are far more credible than you

Why has there been NO CEASEFIRE violation for nearly a year now

@hellfire and @Joe Shearer

You cannot defend the Indefensible

Both MMS and AK Antony damaged Indian Army's MORALE and Fighting strength
by APPEASING PAKISTAN

I will never BELIEVE you -- who are you -- an ANONYMOUS supporter of MMS

During 2013 ; there was endless debates and articles on those events
and what emboldened Pakistan Army

Many experts wrote and spoke at that time -- with their NAMES and photos and designations
They are far more credible than you

Why has there been NO CEASEFIRE violation for nearly a year now

I dont give a rat's a$$ for your believing or not ... 4 PARA conducted the strike Alpha Assault team I just have given you the team and the outfit.

Beyond that you get nothing.

There was no ceasefire violation last year dumba$$ .... they fired across IB in Sambha-Jammu-Kathua ... a boundary recognised by the Pakistanis as international boundary under their stupidity in Karachi agreement.

They realised they made a blunder as IB in erstwhile state of J&K has legitimised the Indian Claim by this act of their's and now they are trying to reverse it and call it "working boundary".

And idiots like you .. not realising the significance of the whole thing call a violation of "INTERNATIONAL BORDER" as 'Ceasefire' violation, thereby giving legitimacy to their attempts at backtracking

I told you earlier also - speak after learning

You know eff all .. and you damage Indian cause by such stupidities as exhibited by you.

And you know what? You think you are so effing intelligent that you will continue to argue without understanding the ramifications and significance of what I am saying above ..

You idiots think that nationalism is your forte .. tell you what? Go serve your nation in J&K and then talk to me

We, as a nation, are doing a tremendous job. We as armed forces are doing a tremendous job ... inspite and despite idiots like you being there - no knowledge and damaging all efforts and sacrifices to ensure diplomatic and moral ascendancy , which today has allowed us to reach a point where no one says a word about Kashmir and does not give a rat's fart for it.

So can your cr@p

This is one thing on which I tend to get hot under the collar. Except for that bizarre decapitation incident, I don't know of the IA behaving in an unchivalrous or ungenerous way. I really feel bad about this.
That decapitation incident was fake. PA will never do that. PA is a professional army. In the battle field, they will kill the enemies with whatever they can and this is a universal truth but once captured and PoW, they will only be treated as per Islamic traditions (Not the Taliban or ISIS version, but following the way of our Holy Prophet (ﷺ)) and international laws. As per Islamic traditions, prisoners of wars are not killed but to be kept in safe custody so there is no question of decapitation and if any such rogue elements did that, they would have been facing court martial and capital punishments.

Also if any Indian soldier performs beyond the call of his duty and shows courage, it should be acknowledged by PA but in the battle field and not against innocent protesters. That will make them only the cowards and terrorists funded by the state as example set by the post WW II proceedings of war crime tribunals that even if following the commands, the soldiers cannot commit crimes against humanity and they are also responsible for it.

For example we know that Gorkhas are very brave people in Indian Army and we have respect for them

I dont give a rat's a$$ for your believing or not ... 4 PARA conducted the strike Alpha Assault team I just have given you the team and the outfit.

Beyond that you get nothing.

There was no ceasefire violation last year dumba$$ .... they fired across IB in Sambha-Jammu-Kathua ... a boundary recognised by the Pakistanis as international boundary under their stupidity in Karachi agreement.

They realised they made a blunder as IB in erstwhile state of J&K has legitimised the Indian Claim by this act if their and now the try and call it "working boundary".

And idiots like you .. not realising the significance of the whole thing call a violation of "INTERNATIONAL BORDER" as 'Ceasefire' violation, thereby giving legitimacy to their attempts at backtracking

I told you earlier also - speak after learning

You know eff all .. and you damage Indian cause by such stupidities as exhibited by you.

And you know what? You think you are so effing intelligent that you will continue to argue without understanding the ramifications and significance of what I am saying above ..

You idiots think that nationalism is your forte .. tell you what? Go serve your nation in J&K and then talk to me

We, as a nation, are doing a tremendous job. We as armed forces are doing a tremendous job ... inspite and despite idiots like you being there - no knowledge and damaging all efforts and sacrifices to ensure diplomatic and moral ascendancy , which today has allowed us to reach a point where no one says a word about Kashmir and does not give a rat's fart for it.

So can your cr@p

You might be a soldier but you have definitely
Benefitted from MMS and AK Antony 's rule -- that is why you are defending them
and glorifying them

You can say anything -- who cares

Write an article with your real name ; photo and designation
and GLORIFY MMS and AK Antony as much as you want

Who is Stopping you

There is FREEDOM of expression in this country

If we have to tolerate Barkha Dutt ; you are still harmless

@war&peace I will laugh at anyone who says decapitation is never done by either forces ... sad but its the truth.

Ask the military professionals around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom