What's new

How an Indian Brigadier helped a Pakistani Captain win Nishan-e-Haider

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

After India captured Tiger Hill during the Kargil conflict in 1999, Pakistan launched a fierce counterattack led by Captain Karnal Sher Khan. His bravery made Pakistan take back some territory, however, they were eventually defeated by the Indian forces. In the cross-firing, Captain Khan was eventually shot and killed. However, Brigadier Bajwa, who was in-charge of the Indian operations at Tiger Hill, decided to treat the enemy Captain with respect and honour his sacrifice. After getting Sher Khan’s body pulled down from the mountain top, Brigadier Bajwa wrote a small letter as a tribute to the Captain and placed it in his pocket. After the body was received in Pakistan, the note from the Indian Brigadier was central to Captain Khan's posthumously getting the Nishan-e-Haider, many years later.

I remember this back in the day, Bajwa is from my pind, some soldiers were taken back at LoC and some were returned thru Red cross planes.

Pakistan had tried to suppress its soldiers identity initially but then the truth spilled out and it recognized and awarded the rightfully brave men.
Is this the hill Pakistan still owns?
This is about Tiger hill, highest and most difficult battle to remove infiltration and it was wiped clean.

Last edited:
I remember this back in the day, Bajwa is from my pind, some soldiers were taken back at LoC and some were returned thru Red cross planes.

Pakistan had tried to suppress its soldiers identity initially but then the truth spilled out and it recognized and awarded the rightfully brave men.

This is about Tiger hill, highest and most difficult battle to remove infiltration and it was wiped clean.
Stop BSing. Which pind is that?

Sorry, our Bajwa is from Ghakar Mandi. You are obviously an East Punjabi. Totally fine with that , as long as you don’t pretend to be a Pakistani.

Bro you are lost.

The Bajwa in the original video is the one that won K
Sorry, our Bajwa is from Ghakar Mandi. You are obviously an East Punjabi. Totally fine with that , as long as you don’t pretend to be a Pakistani.
You seem lost bro, my bajwa won tiger hill, yours won an election.

Different ppl.

After India captured Tiger Hill during the Kargil conflict in 1999, Pakistan launched a fierce counterattack led by Captain Karnal Sher Khan. His bravery made Pakistan take back some territory, however, they were eventually defeated by the Indian forces. In the cross-firing, Captain Khan was eventually shot and killed. However, Brigadier Bajwa, who was in-charge of the Indian operations at Tiger Hill, decided to treat the enemy Captain with respect and honour his sacrifice. After getting Sher Khan’s body pulled down from the mountain top, Brigadier Bajwa wrote a small letter as a tribute to the Captain and placed it in his pocket. After the body was received in Pakistan, the note from the Indian Brigadier was central to Captain Khan's posthumously getting the Nishan-e-Haider, many years later.
I mean, award after getting killed.
We helped an Indian guy in a way that he took his vacations in Pakistan, drank exotic drinks, and when he returned to India, Veer Chakra was ready for him. And more to the story is that this guy will be a future air marshall.
Isy kehty hain madad.
Note: I am a big fan of Mr Abhinandan. He is a man of honor. My post by no means intends to insult him.

Last edited:
You seem lost bro, my bajwa won tiger hill, yours won an election.

Different ppl.
Tiger Hill te Daal paaki si jehra onay ehdi chayti juut li? We were withdrawing by the time ur Bajwa climbed the hill a mere outpost was there for withdrawal protection which you encountered and attacked.

Tiger Hill te Daal paaki si jehra onay ehdi chayti juut li? We were withdrawing by the time ur Bajwa climbed the hill a mere outpost was there for withdrawal protection which you encountered and attacked.

Te twanu dhanwaad sade layi hill chad ke paj laye...sada kam sokha kar dita🙂

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom