What's new

India told not to 'bracket Bangladesh with Pakistan'

Yep, they are bada$$ +10 ;)

Makes your Arjunk look like Justin Beaver :tup:

Trolling aside, yes there are some trade issues between the two. Although, terms of trade are improving; albeit slowly.

The statements made by some Bangladeshi members regarding "hidden tariffs" were no joke. They are very real in India.

Bangladesh was never a serious security issue for India.

I think we all started off from the wrong foot from the beginning since the partition.

Regional trade within the SAARC nations is even lower than the GCC, which is embarrassing for a region with a population of nearly two billion. Never mind ASEAN, EU or NAFTA (*hic!*)

I think India as a large country should play a central role to promote regional trade, and not be stingy and ethnocentric.

You trade, living standards in the region will go up over time, and people will have less reasons to resort to arms and violence. Hence, peace.

Both China and the United States support increased regional trade in South Asia, South East Asia and in between.

This is just a suggestion.

BTW: I was not trolling about the MBT-2000 part :no:

I know you were kidding around, my picture was a friendly response joke too :P

Bangladesh hates us? Which Bangladesh? Because my dad been to Bangladesh and he felt most of the people are very pro-India apart from some Islamists. Even here in UK most of the Bengalis are very pro-India.

Pakistan hates us? Well they're supposed to. Their whole nation is built on their hate for Hindus and '2 nation theory'. And whole world is accusing Pakistan of state sponsored terrorism including Their both neighbours, US, US, EU, Canada and Australia.

Two contradictory paragraphs! Well, TNT has nothing to do with the contents of the thread but since you have made some references to make your point it's kinda indispensable to respond to the point based on TNT.

Bangladesh used be the part of Pakistan, people would call it East Pakistan. Both the parts got independent as one so the application of TNT is applicable to both the parts equally, for TNT was representing Muslims of subcontinent and not the Muslims of East and West Pakistan separately.

Now if the nation was built on TNT and hatred for Hindus then people of Pakistan (before 71) should show same traits, either hate or love. So the assertion that "people of Bangladesh don't hate India but the people of Pakistan do" doesn't hold any ground. If it is love then it got be love from both the countries and if it is hatred then it got to be the hatred from both the countries.

I am not saying that people of Bangladesh aren't pro India, might be or might not be the case, neither I am saying people of Pakistan don't hate India, might be or might not be the case.

The point that I am trying to make is nation of Pakistan was never built on hatred. If Pakistanis hate India they have other reasons like long rivalry, 4 wars, Kashmir and other disputes and if Bangladeshis are pro India they have their own reasons like hatred for West Pakistan that caught fire in civil war before 71 and the role of India in their liberation.

Senseless it is sheerly when TNT is contorted..

Two contradictory paragraphs! Well, TNT has nothing to do with the contents of the thread but since you have made some references to make your point it's kinda indispensable to respond to the point based on TNT.

Bangladesh used be the part of Pakistan, people would call it East Pakistan. Both the parts got independent as one so the application of TNT is applicable to both the parts equally, for TNT was representing Muslims of subcontinent and not the Muslims of East and West Pakistan separately.

Now if the nation was built on TNT and hatred for Hindus then people of Pakistan (before 71) should show same traits, either hate or love. So the assertion that "people of Bangladesh don't hate India but the people of Pakistan do" doesn't hold any ground. If it is love then it got be love from both the countries and if it is hatred then it got to be the hatred from both the countries.

I am not saying that people of Bangladesh aren't pro India, might be or might not be the case, neither I am saying people of Pakistan don't hate India, might be or might not be the case.

The point that I am trying to make is nation of Pakistan was never built on hatred. If Pakistanis hate India they have other reasons like long rivalry, 4 wars, Kashmir and other disputes and if Bangladeshis are pro India they have their own reasons like hatred for West Pakistan that caught fire in civil war before 71 and the role of India in their liberation.

Senseless it is sheerly when TNT is contorted..

TNT already failed in 71?

TNT already failed in 71?

What does citing of mine "nation not built on hatred" got to do with the failure or the success of TNT in 71 or before? Make up your mind what exactly you want to argue!

If it's all about trolling then sorry pal I can't help you any more.

Dude all Indians are not one human being. Some think BD is insignificant, some think BD is a threat, some think BD are our friends, some think BD are our brothers, some think BD are our cousins.
There is not one choosing over another. Its called difference of opinion.
This is just a pretext for India to prevent Bangladeshi investment and sales in India.

All the time on this forum we here from Indians that Bangladesh is insignificant, now they are telling us they are scared of us.

Chose one or the other.

What does citing of mine "nation not built on hatred" got to do with the failure or the success of TNT in 71 or before? Make up your mind what exactly you want to argue!

If it's all about trolling then sorry pal I can't help you any more.

What is TNT? Hindus and Muslims can't live together and they are two different entity?

So how come 170 million Muslim live in India with Hindus? And even Muslims can't live together (71)?

According to the Sustainable Development Policy Institute report 'Associated with the insistence on the Ideology of Pakistan has been an essential component of hate against India and the Hindus. For the upholders of the Ideology of Pakistan, the existence of Pakistan is defined only in relation to Hindus, and hence the Hindus have to be painted as negatively as possible'

A 2005 report by the National Commission for Justice and Peace a non profit organization in Pakistan, found that Pakistan Studies textbooks in Pakistan have been used to articulate the hatred that Pakistani policy-makers have attempted to inculcate towards the Hindus. 'Vituperative animosities legitimise military and autocratic rule, nurturing a siege mentality. Pakistan Studies textbooks are an active site to represent India as a hostile neighbour' the report stated. 'The story of Pakistan’s past is intentionally written to be distinct from, and often in direct contrast with, interpretations of history found in India.

From the government-issued textbooks, students are taught that Hindus are backward and superstitious.' Further the report stated 'Textbooks reflect intentional obfuscation. Today’s students, citizens of Pakistan and its future leaders are the victims of these partial truths'.

So is this now what your children are learning in schools? how is this not your hatred for Hindus and how is Pakistan not built on hatred of Indians and Hindus?

Pakistan is a nation now, I'm not questioning its' right to exist but simply telling you the reasons behind it.

and I'm sorry but you may be arguing but I'm not arguing? I'm discussing? So much difference between the two?

Throw some water on your a$$ on fire. India's total exports is 300 billion $.
Bangladesh is 1 % of India's exports. We don't count on you for exports.
Cut the crap dude. It doesn't matter what people like you shout.
And why is your high commissioner crying?

Its India's deceptive trade barriers that hinders BD's export potential into India.Whether India employees such trade barriers through security excuses or not , doesn't give this BAL puppets any excuse to accuse PAK. Its their fault for allowing India to make BD a dumping ground over the last 4 years.

Its BAL gov we are talking about.Their sort term aim to make BD a Indian vassal with the long term goal of making this country Indian territory. Delusional idiots still dreaming of Dada India.

This High commissioner of BD doesn't have any other qualification other than a awamileger. Our economic growth never depended on India, never has and never will. Our largest Export partner is US and largest Import partner is china. Our export to your supa pawa country is a mere 500 million that pales in comparison to our 25 bn $$$ total export and 14 bn $$$ yearly remittance. Rather it is your gratefulness begging country that benefits the most with Indo-BD trade exporting 3 bn $$$ worthless $hit, trying to destroy our youth with smuggling of phensedyl while your border dhoti walas patnered with hizra BSF don't have any other means of income other than smuggling cows to BD.

If U want to show your gratefulness to us then say tank you, otherwise don't fart nonsense here. Look at your country before clamming such nonsense Indian.:)

LOL........................
:
I think Idune is basically right.

The Indian regime is showing that it has no interest in allowing 2 way free trade but simply in dominating the Bangladeshi market, and will use pretexts to do this.

India will also threaten and intimidate any Bangladeshi government in power to accept Indian exports, operating like the mafia godfather and thug that it is.

If India continues like this, there will be some serious negative karma hitting this insurgency-infested, poverty-stricken failed state and hotch potch of different bickering tribes, castes and religions.

Can't you see BD people posts in this thread. They are counting on Pakistan to support them and you are criticizing them?
yes i read the title and article and still fail to see even why is pakistan who has no role what goes between two nation of bangladesh and india, pakistan is dragged in??

if indians arnt ready for bengalis to open accounts in their banks, sort yourselves out and stop brining pakistan into every matter please

Depending on the govt in power, kabhi India ke kabhi Pakistan ke.
i must say you are really treating hasina as your slave here :lol:

lesson for other lackeys, na ghar ke na ghat ke :lol:

Cry baby cry. Keep crying.
Yes, very good post.

1. India is a coward state and a cheat.

It is scared of fair competition and then decieves people in to allowing goods in to their country but not reciprocating.

2. It is a sponsor of terrorism e.g. LTTE in Sri Lanka.

What is India doing with "hundreds of consulates" in Afghanistan?

How many Indians live in Afghanistan?

Is Afghanistan a major economy like Dubai, Switzerland, Singapore, Japan etc?

No it is a dry, barren wasteland full of warring Afghans with backwards tribal ways.

So what is India doing there?

The answer is India is up to mischief, sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan due to its hatred of Pakistan, a deep hatred which stems from anger at 1,000 years of Muslim rule, an inferiority complex, and an unacceptance of Pakistan's right to exist.

What is TNT? Hindus and Muslims can't live together and they are two different entity?

So how come 170 million Muslim live in India with Hindus? And even Muslims can't live together (71)?

According to the Sustainable Development Policy Institute report 'Associated with the insistence on the Ideology of Pakistan has been an essential component of hate against India and the Hindus. For the upholders of the Ideology of Pakistan, the existence of Pakistan is defined only in relation to Hindus, and hence the Hindus have to be painted as negatively as possible'

A 2005 report by the National Commission for Justice and Peace a non profit organization in Pakistan, found that Pakistan Studies textbooks in Pakistan have been used to articulate the hatred that Pakistani policy-makers have attempted to inculcate towards the Hindus. 'Vituperative animosities legitimise military and autocratic rule, nurturing a siege mentality. Pakistan Studies textbooks are an active site to represent India as a hostile neighbour' the report stated. 'The story of Pakistan’s past is intentionally written to be distinct from, and often in direct contrast with, interpretations of history found in India.

From the government-issued textbooks, students are taught that Hindus are backward and superstitious.' Further the report stated 'Textbooks reflect intentional obfuscation. Today’s students, citizens of Pakistan and its future leaders are the victims of these partial truths'.

So is this now what your children are learning in schools? how is this not your hatred for Hindus and how is Pakistan not built on hatred of Indians and Hindus?

Pakistan is a nation now, I'm not questioning its' right to exist but simply telling you the reasons behind it.

and I'm sorry but you may be arguing but I'm not arguing? I'm discussing? So much difference between the two?

Wonder if you could try and construe what I have asserted in my earlier post! I have categorically said, this thread had nothing to do with the concept of TNT and I just wanted to respond to the point founded on TNT. No where in my post I touched any of the aspects of the theory, it got failed or remained intact or how it is defined, is a different debate altogether. I won't take the bait on this thread unless you don't synonymize hatred and TNT.

Coming to the contents of the textbooks that we read here - I have born and brought up in Pakistan, studied the same books but haven't came across the text where hatred against HINDU was instigated. Please provide the links to the text books along with the reports compiled by so-called commissions, can you? Hearsay is not the reality, what you are being shown or taught in India is not the case here in Pakistan in actuality.

Certainly there's difference between arguments and discussion but how that difference is regarded is of more importance. When you discuss you learn and acknowledge and when you argue you remain stubborn. I wonder if you have acknowledged anything so far, I don't think so!

Oh why didn't you say so you were trying to help bangladesh grow by denying then access to Indian market.

Dude, I hope you understand business, Bangladesh does not produce any unique products nor are their products of exceptional quality, there are hundreds of local manufacturers who produce the same in India. You dont expect GOI to go to each Indian consumer and ask them to prefer a bangladeshi product over an indian product just to help them out. As for trade barriers and taxation India has opened up its markket to these guys and whatever quality and standards clearances required are same for all countries and i these guys have to export they need to pass these quality checks.

Its their own limitations thats not making up the trade deficit.

Dude, I hope you understand business, Bangladesh does not produce any unique products nor are their products of exceptional quality, there are hundreds of local manufacturers who produce the same in India. You dont expect GOI to go to each Indian consumer and ask them to prefer a bangladeshi product over an indian product just to help them out. As for trade barriers and taxation India has opened up its markket to these guys and whatever quality and standards clearances required are same for all countries and i these guys have to export they need to pass these quality checks.

Its their own limitations thats not making up the trade deficit.

You have no idea of what you are talking about.

India signs agreements then de facto nullifies them using various tricks and tactics.

One of these ploys is blocking access to Bangladeshi goods on false pretexts including not meeting certain quality checks, when the same products meet quality checks in the EU and North America. The EU and North America have higher standards of living and higher quality standards than the "great" India.

I am sure the Indians - seeing as how stupid and moronic they are in this forum - will contest the fact that the EU and N America are richer and higher standards of living, and claim that India is a land of milk and honey where the streets are paved with gold, but facts are facts.

I am a banker.This point is well raised by Bangladesh.
1. Issue is Bangladesh ( depending on who rules between Hasina and Khaleeda Begum) in the past swinged between pro India and pro Pakistan country.
2. Only now Bangladesh is emerging as a nation focused to just protect its own interest and a truly sovereign state. It has better stature in world that Paksitan today.
3. Timing of raising the the issue is right. India is only now trying to develop equi distance from both the Begums. Rightly.
4. India has even allowed Pakistan to open Bank Branches in India .Trade over everything, finally.

I am sure this policy will get reversed.

Exactly, if this forum is anything to go by, Bangladesh as a nation is going through some sort of wierd Islamization phase (kinda like Pak/Afghanistan), so its better if we keep our distance from them in terms of trade and other nation to nation contacts. After all, national security will always be the single most important factor for us.

and india seems to be going through a weird phase of killing unarmed Bengali migrants day in and day out -- including 14 year old girls

so much for your "national security"

if you were worried about "national security" MAYBE you'd do something about the REAL threats - most of which are coming from WITHIN your borders (naxals, ULFA, bodo insurgency, etc.) which have claimed more indian lives than any evil Pakistani or Bangali could dream of

I am a banker.This point is well raised by Bangladesh.
1. Issue is Bangladesh ( depending on who rules between Hasina and Khaleeda Begum) in the past swinged between pro India and pro Pakistan country.
2. Only now Bangladesh is emerging as a nation focused to just protect its own interest and a truly sovereign state. It has better stature in world that Paksitan today.
3. Timing of raising the the issue is right. India is only now trying to develop equi distance from both the Begums. Rightly.
4. India has even allowed Pakistan to open Bank Branches in India .Trade over everything, finally.

I am sure this policy will get reversed.

A rare voice of reason and common sense in PDF/

Yes this thing about being pro-India/pro-Pakistan is very true.

The Awami League contain India-lovers who do ultimately want to be part of India and the Jamat i Islami (and BNP to a lesser degree) are Pakistani-wannabes who prioritize Pakistan's interests above Bangladesh's (a state they hate and do not believe in).

It is only know that Bangladesh is maturing and rather than being an Indian-dalal or Pakistan-dalal country is focusing on itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom