What's new

IMF: Bangladesh's economic growth rate to overtake China, India

BD is on a "fake it till you make it" mode

Out of ~$50B+ total exports reported last fiscal year, almost $10B worth exports has not been realised yet.

A whopping ~20% of total export proceeds!

Hard to believe plethora of bad practices is a bug, smells more like a feature.

Hard to believe plethora of bad practices is a bug, smells more like a feature.

Abey @Bilal9 faker, this is what you do.

"For example, if I buy $60,000 worth of raw materials from a company in the EPZ, add $40,000 of value, and export the finished product for $100,000, then $100,000 is shown as my export, but $60,000 is also shown as the export of the EPZ company. In reality, however, the actual export amount is only $100,000," he says.

Your budgets are fake. Your exports are fake. Your GDP numbers are just mythical. Comparing India and Bangladesh is like comparing IPL to BPL (the shittiest league). Lol.

Abey @Bilal9 faker, this is what you do.

"For example, if I buy $60,000 worth of raw materials from a company in the EPZ, add $40,000 of value, and export the finished product for $100,000, then $100,000 is shown as my export, but $60,000 is also shown as the export of the EPZ company. In reality, however, the actual export amount is only $100,000," he says.

Your budgets are fake. Your exports are fake. Your GDP numbers are just mythical. Comparing India and Bangladesh is like comparing IPL to BPL (the shittiest league). Lol.
Only BD nationalists believe in their sarkari propaganda despite knowing the reality. Their energy consumption per capita is half of India. Usually this value is directly proportional to size of economy, so it isn't hard to guess that their GDP per capita in reality is around half of India. There's simply no way a country can have much higher GDP per capita with much less than half of energy consumption per person unless you're a tiny tourism driven country, even in which BD lags far behind India in bringing foreign tourists.
1697883957268.png

Only BD nationalists believe in their sarkari propaganda despite knowing the reality. Their energy consumption per capita is half of India. Usually this value is directly proportional to size of economy, so it isn't hard to guess that their GDP per capita in reality is around half of India. There's simply no way a country can have much higher GDP per capita with much less than half of energy consumption per person unless you're a tiny tourism driven country, even in which BD lags far behind India in bringing foreign tourists.
View attachment 964013

You don’t have to reply to Bilal’s lies with worse lies of your own.

The energy consumption differential has been explained many times by prominent economists.

India has lot of heavy industries like oil refinery and iron ore smelting. And uses a lot of power for irrigation.

Take the consumption of those industries out and compare actual consumer consumption - Bangladesh is almost level.

Plus, Bangladesh has a moderate climate compared to heatwave and tundra India. So, there is also less need for heating and air conditioning.

I know internet forums are full of nutters who make disproportionate amount of noise - but global institutions are still working on fact based logic.

Getting one up on PDF’s master troll (@Bilal9) will not turn lies into truth.

@Bilal9 Bhai , with due respect , I don't buy such news propagated by the fascist government's boot licker media! They aren't providing such news to serve Bangladesh! Rather they are serving the fascist regime!

If GDP growth rate is more than China , then why we are asking Hasina to step down? Shouldn't she be the ruler as long as she live ( the wet dream of BAL lackeys) , since our economic growth is so high in her time?

In reality Bangladeshi Media is just sidekicks of Indian sanghi Media!

We will believe our media when a govt will be in power by Public vote!

Otherwise such fake news will only make his kind happier! Look at his ( @IndianLite) comment! So we should be choosy and not to rely on the news from Hasina's personal propaganda Machine!

Hasina hain to mumkin hain

Last edited:
2.5x is too big a gap

Not when your refined oil exports is 1/4 of Bangladesh’s GDP.

And you suck out so much ground water for irrigation. Which has put states like Punjab in danger of desertification.

And mining is a huge industry in India compared to zero in BD.

Put your prejudice to one side and engage your head.

Not when your refined oil exports is 1/4 of Bangladesh’s GDP.

And you suck out so much ground water for irrigation. Which has put states like Punjab in danger of desertification.

And mining is a huge industry in India compared to zero in BD.

Put your prejudice to one side and engage your head.
Yes, and that's what GDP is. Measure of your economic activities.

2.5 is a huge difference for an economy that claims to be having higher PCI than India.

@IndianLite

Your point about energy consumption is valid. But it isnt just energy consumption- even if you look at offtake of durables such as cars, two wheelers, smartphones and TVs, there is a huge difference (adjusted for population of course). I am not belittling BD's achievements under its current wise leadership but some numbers dont really add up.

Regards

@IndianLite

Your point about energy consumption is valid. But it isnt just energy consumption- even if you look at offtake of durables such as cars, two wheelers, smartphones and TVs, there is a huge difference (adjusted for population of course). I am not belittling BD's achievements under its current wise leadership but some numbers dont really add up.

Regards

Smartphones

Bangladesh

• In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$34.58 are generated in 2023.

India
  • In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$29.39 are generated in 2023.

Television

Bangladesh

• In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$2.69 are generated in 2023.

India
  • In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$1.86 are generated in 2023.

@IndianLite

Regards

I don't know why we are fixated on energy consumption.

And people are accusing me of issuing lies when all I did was quote reports published in the media. In this case Indian Sanghi Media as well.

Indian energy consumption is much higher than Bangladesh because of various capital industrial processes used in India that are not available in Bangladesh, such as aluminum smelting, steel processing from ore, electricity usage in railways and petroleum refining. Plus a lot of the Indian industrial sector uses antiquated electrically inefficient machinery in huge numbers, some dating from British era, as I have seen myself.

Bangladeshi factories use captive power generation, for which power is not drawn from the grid and no accountability or estimates exist. This is highly unlike Indian scenario.

Nowadays Bangladesh boasts very large numbers (a majority of such factories globally) of LEEDS compliant Ecologically sustainable Green Factories. Some produce their own electrical power from Solar or wind power -at 50% in some cases. They are designed from the ground up for this because of EU customer demand.

One of the Bangladeshi Green Textile Factories got top place in global rankings.

However - all this said, there could possibly be some data fudging.

If there is data fudging, it could be equally possible in both Bangladesh and India.

Last edited:
@IndianLite

Regards

Motor vehicles is also not a good indicator given Bangladesh is a riverine country. Millions of Bangladeshis travel by engine boats.

I bet per capita engine boat ownership is ten times higher in BD 🤣

However, TVs, smartphones and food consumption are a good indicator.

Tell me, how can India export so much wheat and rice given its per capita production is similar to Bangladesh? Plus Bangladesh imports so much food as well?

Back
Top Bottom