What's new

India copying Pakistani/Western Culture

RR,

Heavens behold!

Homo sapiens are not native to the world.

Dinosaurs are also not native of the world.

So, we all are transplants and must not think of ourselves as the inheritors of the world, right?

Cultures evolve with immigration and there is a hybrid culture that become the native culture over time. And so such people become natives whose races evolved the culture.

Heavens forbid!

Have a look at the replies to your calling Bengalis illiterate and you will know where the substance lies!

To understand posts of anyone be they mine or any other, you must have knowledge pf facts and not be guided by delusions and biases that cloud rational and intelligent thought!

RR,

Heavens behold!

Homo sapiens are not native to the world.

Dinosaurs are also not native of the world.

So, we all are transplants and must not think of ourselves as the inheritors of the world, right?

Cultures evolve with immigration and there is a hybrid culture that become the native culture over time. And so such people become natives whose races evolved the culture.

Well no. The definition of native (from nature) is "characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin". So, say a Japanese person migrates to Africa, and passes his same look through the generations. These features would not be native to the region. From an anthropological point of view...and that is what this thread is about....these are not native features, so you wouldn't classify him as a native in this respect. Being a native of course is not the same as being of a particular nationality. You can certainly be an African, or an Indian, or French even if you have martian features.

Heavens forbid!

Have a look at the replies to your calling Bengalis illiterate and you will know where the substance lies!

To understand posts of anyone be they mine or any other, you must have knowledge pf facts and not be guided by delusions and biases that cloud rational and intelligent thought!

Your intelligent thought is too great and superior since you share the same nationality as Tagore of course :cheers:

Heard of Alberto Ken'ya Fujimori (born in Lima, Peru on July 28, 1938) is a Peruvian politician who served as president .

He is a native of Peru.

Can you deny that?

If not, how was he their President?

That apart, he obviously as an individual did not change the Perunvian culture.

But if there were a whole lot of Japanese immigrant, then the Japanese culture would have been rubbed off on the Peruvians and their culture would assimilate it and a new culture would emerge.

Over the the years that culture would become the Peruvian culture and since it would have an element of Japanese culture, these immigrants would become natives, but not the original inhabitants.

Your intelligent thought is too great and superior since you share the same nationality as Tagore of course :cheers:

Thank you for your kind words.

It is not just Tagore. It includes Amartya Sen and Mohammed Yunus!

Three Nobel Prize Winners in a world that is partial to the western world! ;)

Heard of Alberto Ken'ya Fujimori (born in Lima, Peru on July 28, 1938) is a Peruvian politician who served as president .

He is a native of Peru.

Can you deny that?

If not, how was he their President?

That apart, he obviously as an individual did not change the Perunvian culture.

But if there were a whole lot of Japanese immigrant, then the Japanese culture would have been rubbed off on the Peruvians and their culture would assimilate it and a new culture would emerge.

Over the the years that culture would become the Peruvian culture and since it would have an element of Japanese culture, these immigrants would become natives, but not the original inhabitants.

Salim, look. The maps were of SKIN COLOR. This is a geographical characteristic. The definition of "native" is "characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin". So, the skin color existing by virtue of the geographic origin of Australia is what? Black of course. The native skin color of Australia will always be black, regardless of whether they are overrun or not, because it is the skin color of or existing in that area by virtue of geographic origin. White skin is not native to Australia, and never will be unless an Ice Age descends on that particular continent.

:undecided: I hope that was a joke, because the only way one can credit someone's intelligence to Tagore is if the person is his direct descendant or closely related to him.

Every country has an "average population..the "set look". For example, Germany has a set look, but there are many different varied ethnic groups. For the most part, Germany is a Germanic country, just as India is a Dravidian country. This does not mean that you won't find Africans in Germany, or Pakistani looking people in India..they are a minority

I am quite sure that the number of "Pakistani" looking people in India is more than the ones in Pakistan.

On the subject you were replying to though (and I'e given up on feeding the troll)..Pakistan has some shared culture with India. However, this is as a result of the recent partition. Just as in 800 BC ir whenever Pakistan was liberated from the Persian Empire, Pakistan had some shared culture with the Persians. In another 2000 years, any remainder of Indian culture (however you want to define it..Urdu speaking perhaps), will remain confined to a small North-Easternly part of Punjab, just as some Persian culture is confined to a couple of North-Western parts of Pakistan.

I happen to think that its going the other way...in another 2000 years, the world will develop a common culture, perhaps with some tiny regional variations.

The cultural exchange, which was fully flowing before partition, has restarted with actors/artistes from Pakistan crossing the border into India and vice versa.

I'm sure that within the next few decades, Indian and Pakistani culture will be much more similar than they are today.

THE CULTURAL MALLEABILITY OF INTELLIGENCE AND ITS IMPACT ON THE
RACIAL/ETHNIC HIERARCHY

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Suzuki-Aronson-commentary-on-30years.pdf

LOL! Salim, you're one of the funniest guys I ever met on an internet forums. You do deserve a Nobel Prize for Comedy! You're such a fascist and don't even realize it. You probably have directories full of this sort of stuff on the link between being Bengali and having superior intelligence! :enjoy:

LOL! Salim, you're one of the funniest guys I ever met on an internet forums. You do deserve a Nobel Prize for Comedy! You're such a fascist and don't even realize it. You probably have directories full of this sort of stuff on the link between being Bengali and having superior intelligence! :enjoy:

I wonder if you know Fascism or you are one of those of the chattering classes who are superficial.

I, however, thank you for admitting my superior knowledge. Your admission is more than a Nobel Prize.

I don't have directories of anything that you may think I have. It is just that I read and I can connect.

Yet, I do confess you would win hands down in not only Comedy but more so, for warped thought and logic! You are the real fruitcake!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom