What's new

if china dont buy Su 35, it will cause delay of T50 project.

Su 35: $ 65 Million
PAK FA: $ 57 Million

Only if we talk about Su 35 for export countries and Pak Fa 1 for Russian forces, otherwise the cost for Pak Fa is way different.

More realisticlly:

FGFA: $80 to 100 Million
Super 30: $60 to 80 Million
Su 35: $ 65 Million

I don't think so. By upgrading MKI we are taking them to Su-35 standards. Plus we haven't yet decided about the Radar. There won't be much difference between MKI nad Su-35s in terms of facilities and trainning. We can add AESA later

janon is right, the current Su 35 has only a PESA radar and will get AESA only with a future upgrade, while Super 30 wil give us access to BARS or Zhuk AESA by 2015 and not only for the 42 new once, but also as an upgrade for 80 to 100 older once. Commonality to the fleet is more important than getting the Su 35 from Russia earlier. Also the Su 35 hardly offers any real capability difference, since all modern Flankers have the same base specs, be it payload, numbers of hardpoints, or even similar fuel and range. The RCS of MKI will be smaller after the Super 30 upgrade too, while the avionics will be better anyway than what Russia can offer.

janon is right, the current Su 35 has only a PESA radar and will get AESA only with a future upgrade, while Super 30 wil give us access to BARS or Zhuk AESA by 2015 and not only for the 42 new once, but also as an upgrade for 80 to 100 older once. Commonality to the fleet is more important than getting the Su 35 from Russia earlier. Also the Su 35 hardly offers any real capability difference, since all modern Flankers have the same base specs, be it payload, numbers of hardpoints, or even similar fuel and range. The RCS of MKI will be smaller after the Super 30 upgrade too, while the avionics will be better anyway than what Russia can offer.

will super upgrade have any structural changes ? air frame ....

will super upgrade have any structural changes ? air frame ....

Yes, but we won't see them. Carrying Brahmos requires changes at the centerline hardpoints, the composites and RAM materials will be added. The most visible change could be, the wingtip ECM pods, that the Su 35 or other Flankers have too.

So it means Su-35 wont common with fleet ??? I though Upgraded MKIs will be brought to Su-35 standard. So it would be common.

And as far the RCS of both fighters is concerned. I don't think there will be any much difference. Cuz coating or not both planes use external hard point for weapons so both are going to glow like "Christmas tree" on Radar. Or I am wrong ???

So it means Su-35 wont common with fleet ??? I though Upgraded MKIs will be brought to Su-35 standard. So it would be common.

And as far the RCS of both fighters is concerned. I don't think there will be any much difference. Cuz coating or not both planes use external hard point for weapons so both are going to glow like "Christmas tree" on Radar. Or I am wrong ???

Common in design (except of canards), weapons, numbers of hardpoint or the fact that Flankers don't carry external fuel tanks (which is a big advantage to reduce the RCS), the engines could be the same, but even if we remain with the AL 31, both will have similar advantages from TVC and the RCS reductions will be similar to.
The biggest difference will be the radars and the avionics and in both Super 30 will be better at least till the next upgrade of the Su 35 and these things will make a logistical difference to the current MKI fleet too.

if we really buy 24 Su35s. more than 60 million USD per jet.
we just do a favor to india. Sukhoi will have more money to develop T50 project.
So we should not buy any SU 35.

Don't be a fool, India is providing them with funds for T50 project, i thinnk its enough what we are providing, i think they havn't approached us about the funds not being enough....if not enough we will provide them more...
on the other hand if you don't buy then you are the one who making fool out of yourself, how will you be building planes with an engine, can you able to build one by yourself for your projects.....i don't think so,....we really don't want you to buy or don't want to russians to sell those Engine to you

Back
Top Bottom