What's new

"Admiral Gorshkov" Aircraft carrier delayed again for Power paralyzed

agree, The russia will surely not pay for it

Very bad Russian they are playing India :tdown:

This is an absurd myth you idiots like to propogate- the Russians are NOT making any more money by delaying, that would be counter-intuative for and illogical. The contract stipulated a set price post construction for testing and the like, at a certain point (it may alread have been passed) the IN fundng will stop and the remaining tests will have to be paid for by the Russian side meaning all these delays are cutting into their pockets. The Russians want the ACC delivered as much as,if not more so than the IN/Indians-this is hurting their image no end and as I said it is hurting them finacially as well as politically.

The Russians have NOTHING to gain from these delays, quite the reverse

I think it's time we said goodbye to the gorshkov once and for all. This is preposterous. At the time that we first started negotiating for this, we didn't have any other option. But today we do. For the same money that has been spent on this so far, we could build two (maybe more) IACs at home, keeping the money and jobs at home. For a little more money, we could get the QE class carrier from britain, which will be hugely more capable than the gorshkov, and will come without any delays. India should give the finger to Russia on this one, get back our money and double the infrasstructure at Cochin to build another IAC quickly. Send a message to Russia to get their act straight.

According to info posted on BR by a naval officer working on the gorshkov, 7 out of 8 boilers are damaged, three of them beyond repair. Only that one functioning boiler was actually tested on land before being integrated into the carrier. And thats only part of the story. There is only one place to source new boilers from. He says that a delay of 2-3 years can be anticipated. During the time it has so far taken russia to refit an existing carrier, India has already designed and constructed a good percentage of a carrier of equal capability.

According to Forbes. RU Передача авианосца «Адмирал Горшков» Индии сдвигается на полгода из-за паровых котлов | Forbes.ru

It was to be handed over to Indian Navy 4 December 2012... seems like it will take another 6 months. Anyway Indian navy has waiting for so long... few month more wont be such a issue. As long as once they get in hand it should not have any problem.

According to Forbes. RU Передача авианосца «Адмирал Горшков» Индии сдвигается на полгода из-за паровых котлов | Forbes.ru

It was to be handed over to Indian Navy 4 December 2012... seems like it will take another 6 months. Anyway Indian navy has waiting for so long... few month more wont be such a issue. As long as once they get in hand it should not have any problem.
With six months will come another billion dollar bill...................:)

Another billion dollar....You must be kidding. :D

for repairing the boliers cost at least 100 MILLIONS.
the russia is evil.
even the boilers are repaired , who knows what will happen next..
it is a russia trap. india should get out of the trap asap... let the russia keep their crap...
and use your money to build AC domestically.

Going by russian antics on this Admiral Gorshkov saga billion kya even 10 billion bill is possible.India whould have got the entirely new and better carrier built from other shipping yard from uk or france for watever it had paid for this rusting junk.

At that time, it was offered below one billion...and QE class was offered to India by UK which at minimum would have cost over 2 billion dollars. Naval chief said tell me where we can buy an ACC within $ 2 billion, I will write the check (figuratively) at that time Gorshkov was way belw $2 billion.

Now we got trapped hence...Happy spending.

One thing we should also think about is Western sanction which can occur at any time. Tell me the better alternative.

At that time, it was offered below one billion...and QE class was offered to India by UK which at minimum would have cost over 2 billion dollars. Naval chief said tell me where we can buy an ACC within $ 2 billion, I will write the check (figuratively) at that time Gorshkov was way belw $2 billion.

One thing we should also think about is Western sanction which can occur at any time. Tell me the better alternative.
the western sanction against china since 1989 permanently...
but there are lots of different ways to get their technologies and devolop your own technlogies.
trust no one. and never depends on anyone.

Wat western sanctions????You can call usa-uk sanctions...French could have given entirely better AC and there were no french sanction even after similing buddha-2.Rather i would call it as indian navy's and GoI incompetence and foolishness.What can one expect from them which takes a decade to decide about which plane to buy.So when the new plane comes i already become age of next gen plane.

Even after Gorshkov/t-90 etc trap i think Indian forces and GOI have not learnt their lessons that they are going to spend $ 30 billion on 5th gen plane with russia.

Does the delay help the Russians in any way , I mean making more money ? Or is it detrimental to them somehow ?

Besides Moscow , whom others were interested in selling a ACC to India ?

Indian Navy hopeful of getting INS Vikramaditya by April 2013
By IANS - NEW DELHI/MOSCOW 17th September 2012 05:50 PM
Photos

INS Vikramaditya, previously the Admiral Gorshkov. (Wikimedia Commons)
Amid reports of another delay in the delivery of INS Vikramaditya, the Indian Navy said Monday it was hopeful of getting the refurbished aircraft carrier by April next year.

The Indian Navy is hopeful that Russia can still meet the contractual obligation for delivery of the aircraft carrier, that includes the leeway period of three-four months, an Indian Navy officer said in New Delhi.

We are hopeful of getting the aircraft carrier by April, he said.

He clarified that the contract for the refurbished carrier envisaged the delivery to India by December, but also spelt out a leeway clause of another 3-4 months.

The Indian Navy's clarification came amid reports published in the influential Russian daily Kommersant which quoted unnamed Russian official saying that malfunctions detected during trials of INS Vikramaditya, previously the Admiral Gorshkov, will delay the vessel's handover to India.

According to the latest agreements, it was to have been handed over Dec 4, but the deadline has been postponed again until October 2013, Kommersant reported.

"Seven out of eight steam boilers of the propulsion machinery were out of order," an official told Kommersant.

The official, who prepared the INS Vikramaditya for sea trials, said the reason for the boilers' failure was that India refused to use asbestos as a means to protect the boilers from heat, fearing that the material was dangerous for the crew.

He said the boilers' designer had to use firebrick, which proved not sufficiently heatproof, the official said.

According to reports in sections of the Russian media, repairs can only start next spring because of harsh winter conditions in the Arctic seaport of Severodvinsk, where the ship has been retrofitted. Well-placed sources in New Delhi acknowledged that some defect in the boiler of the aircraft has been detected, but added that three to four months are enough to rectify it.

The sources added that the aviation trials of the aircraft carrier would be concluded by mid-October

Indian Navy hopeful of getting INS Vikramaditya by April 2013 - The New Indian Express

Does the delay help the Russians in any way , I mean making more money ? Or is it detrimental to them somehow ?

U.S offered kitty but india rejected it and UK too have one more carrier for sale but i dont know detail.
and russians are now offering one more which will be nuclear powered

russia digged the trap, but unfortunately both india and russia are Falling into the trap.
both need a stepping-stone to get out from the trap...

Back
Top Bottom