What's new

ICC Cricket World Cup - England 2019

We need some cooperation from New Zeland Team to not forget who is their Daddy

If Pakistan Enters with 5 Pace Attack we should be able to take care of New Zeland

WE NEED TO BRING OUT THE BIG GUNS FOR BIG MATCH
This is the aggressive version of Pakistan

Bowlers
1 - Amir
2 - Wahab
3 - Hassan
4 - Husnain , 150km/hr deliveries
5 - Shaheen

ALL ROUNDER
HAFEEZ or Shadab or Wasim (1 of 3)

Batsmen
1 Inam ul Haq
2 Fakhar
3 Baber
4 Haris
5 Sarfaraz (Fighting player)

Last edited:
As I already said from an Indian point of view its better pak enter semis as it will be easy for us to knock them out in semis..but from a cricket fans point of view Eng should enter semis as they are more deserving than Pak .

England have 8 points

Under this proposal

England : 10 Points
India : 10 Points
Pakistan : 11 Points
Srilanka : 11 Points

Australia , New Zeland , Pakistan , Sri Lanka for final 4

A full open mouthed yawn your way:

sarfaraz-yawning-1280x720.jpg

As I already said from an Indian point of view its better pak enter semis as it will be easy for us to knock them out in semis..but from a cricket fans point of view Eng should enter semis as they are more deserving than Pak .
Deserving team will get into semi and England is in this situtaion because they have not played like No 1 team and lost to Pakistan and Sri Lanka so how they are more deserving if they lose next matches as well?

A full open mouthed yawn your way:

sarfaraz-yawning-1280x720.jpg

Let him distribute points like sweets lol

Truth is evey team has fate in his own hands and whoever win most matches will qualify for next semi final stage so they will be deserving ..result of next match between new zeland vs Pakistan will decide exit or any possibilities for Pakistan

I have brother in law who is doctor and is in Birmingham for training. He managed to got ticket only for NZ vs Pak match and i was telling him that this match will be useless after India and WI won matches against Pak but he was confident that there will be some upset which will make last few games interesting and now this game became more important for Pakistan than any previous

Going to be difficult supporting the Aussies as I’m in England going to the pub and sit quietly watch the English fans react .

It is raining heavy here where I am and don’t know if game will be washout and what this does for slim Pakistan chance .

Going to watch Pakistan tomorrow so hopeing World Cup standings are thrown wide open .

Come on Aussies .

P.s beggars everywhere in uk wasn’t like this before ... lol

Dekh lo.. Aj England hare ga

MASTER PLAN
England have 8 points

23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia vs England
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
(We know Australia does owns England a bit)
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India vs England
England wins this
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png
New Zealand vs England
New Zeland beats England

India have 9 points

23px-WestIndiesCricketFlagPre1999.svg.png
West Indies vs India
(West Indies are in form and are very angry)
"PANIC MODE"
India vs England
England could beat India :coffee:
"Crisis MODE"
India vs Bangladesh
23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
Rain
"Media Frenzy "
23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png
Sri Lanka vs India
Srilankan Spinners win it for Srilanka

Pakistan have 5 points (We just need to finish all 3 games with win 11 points)

23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan vs New Zealand
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png
Pakistan wins :pakistan: (Simple plan Amir takes 5 wickets)
Afghanistan
23px-Flag_of_Afghanistan.svg.png
vs
Pakistan Pakistan wins :pakistan:
Bangladesh
23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
v
Pakistan Pakistan wins :pakistan:

Under this proposal

England : 10 Points
India : 10 Points
Pakistan : 11 Points
Srilanka : 11 Points

Australia , New Zeland , Pakistan , Sri Lanka for final 4

Last edited:
Someone please educate me , arent the WC fixtures too long ?

Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Asian games have more teams , more participants, more events yet are not spread over so many days.

Why is WC spread so thin ?

Is it economics which dictates this ?

Someone please educate me , arent the WC fixtures too long ?

Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Asian games have more teams , more participants, more events yet are not spread over so many days.

Why is WC spread so thin ?

Is it economics which dictates this ?
Its a 100 over game, need 7 to 8 hours, that is one full day. Having multiple games/matches in one day is not financially feasible so one match per day and you have a 35-45 days schedule.

Its a 100 over game, need 7 to 8 hours, that is one full day. Having multiple games/matches in one day is not financially feasible so one match per day and you have a 35-45 days schedule.
Thank you

In your opinion could the schedule have been telescoped ?

Thank you

In your opinion could the schedule have been telescoped ?
Honestly speaking, NO.
I think a big tournament that happens once in four years deserves to take 40-45 days. A football games lasts about 2 hours and the world cup is 30-35 days.

Only change i will want in the ICC cricket world cup is adding more team. This will help promote the game. Hypothetically, a 16 team tournament could have been completed with similar amount of matches and in similar time frame. Now we don't have 16 teams really but no harm in expanding the tournament to 12 at least and add more as they come.

16 Team
Four groups with 4 teams each. Every team playing the other once. That is 6 matches for a group. 24 for all four groups

Then you can choose two format. If you want the long one, top two team from each group go to second round which is round robin and containers 28 matches.
Then 2 Semi Finals,1 Final.
Total of 55 matches spread over 40 days

OR

Short format, with top two from each group going to quarterfinals (4 matches)
That will be 31 games and can be completed in 34-35 days with a couple of reserve days for Knock-out round

Well played Eng..pulled things back very well when things were going out of control...less than 6 runs per over required...can be chased easily if played sensibly

England is really missing jason roy..he makes a lot of difference at the top.

Back
Top Bottom