What's new

How do Pakistanis and Bangladeshis interact with each other abroad?

(I do look like a refugee with a luggage).

So you do reflect your internal character externally too :D

Which they kill..Bangladeshi made north Indian food tends to be oily, spicy and gives Indian food a bad name!

Real Bengali food is excellent so I wish they would stick to that!

O Calcutta in Delhi is really good food ...I would say it is the same caliber as fine French and with as much variety as any international cuisine.

I have eaten at Benagli homes too..potato cutlets stuffed with spiced fish, all kinds of little fried items...absolutely delicious. They just need to stop being shy and Show off their own food which they understand and open up good Bengali restarants instead of fake Indian.

Man thats the exact same thing in Canada! My stomach always lurches at the memories of the "Indian" restaurant thats run by Bangladeshis not too far from where I lived earlier. Just too much grease and oil, that seems to settle in larger amounts as the day goes by (so lunch buffet is at least somewhat more manageable than say dinner when the oil has completely separated and sits there as a separate layer).

But Bangladesh home cooked food....absolutely one of my favourites!

lol.. londoners are scared of contact with stranger...
in newcastle my experience was totally opposite.. people will take even 5 minutes to explain the direction.. some will come with you.. :)
where do you live?
that happens quiet frequently actually
once i was in newcastle city center with my luggage, was about to ask for direction to a lady, she said 'sorry' and carried on... and i said to myself not too loudly 'i dont want money, just wanted direction'.... she turned back, apologized and showed me... (I do look like a refugee with a luggage).
a large amount of people in preston are south asains so you will never hear that.

So you do reflect your internal character externally too :D

Man thats the exact same thing in Canada! My stomach always lurches at the memories of the "Indian" restaurant thats run by Bangladeshis not too far from where I lived earlier. Just too much grease and oil, that seems to settle in larger amounts as the day goes by (so lunch buffet is at least somewhat more manageable than say dinner when the oil has completely separated and sits there as a separate layer).

But Bangladesh home cooked food....absolutely one of my favourites!
Lol...what a picture you paint! Layers of oily curry!

That's my pet beef with all our neighboring countrymen who set up Indian restarants without knowing the first thing about Indian food. Frying onions in recycled oil with masala and dumping left overs into it does not make a vindaloo!

I think that has been corrected to some extent in London where they have some really excellent Indian restarants set up by professional chefs from India.

i dont live in preston, its my nearest largest city. i live in the country side. i hate london, its too busy,expensive, people are quiet rude and they never talk. if you ask for directions they just say, "sorry dont know where that is" so i managed to get tu euston station got back to preston.

If you asked me I would have taken the train back up North to make sure you were safe. Although I was born and raised in outer-London, a town inside the M25, so i'm not a proper Londoner.

Lol...what a picture you paint! Layers of oily curry!

That's my pet beef with all our neighboring countrymen who set up Indian restarants without knowing the first thing about Indian food. Frying onions in recycled oil with masala and dumping left overs into it does not make a vindaloo!

I think that has been corrected to some extent in London where they have some really excellent Indian restarants set up by professional chefs from India.

Yes you do have to be selective (there are a handful more home-style based chefs in some fancier restaurants that know what they are doing in Canada)....but I'm talking of course about the 99% mainstream stuff that just falls flat.

Then I have to spend all the time explaining to friends and colleagues....that no this is not Indian or even Bangladeshi food at all....or just shake my head and give up when it comes into overheard conversation in a negative way and I can't correct it :P

Pakistanis shouldn't eat at a Bengali house, they will poison you with mirch. They use tons of the stuff bloody hell!

If you asked me I would have taken the train back up North to make sure you were safe. Although I was born and raised in outer-London, a town inside the M25, so i'm not a proper Londoner.
really! thanks i guess. where were you born?
persoanly northerners are nice once you go below manchester then the politeness stops.

Pakistanis shouldn't eat at a Bengali house, they will poison you with mirch. They use tons of the stuff bloody hell!

I find if you tell them beforehand, they are gracious hosts and will suit to your tastes.

My main Bangladesh friend likes less spicy heat anyway....just like most West Bengalis I know.

@Joe Shearer what are your opinions on this topic?

I think that would vary from house to house....not everyone douses everything in mirch. Most Bengali food I have had has been in the temperate zone.

:o: really.......... charming !
as for the pakistan bangladeshi interaction...... i dont know. but i do know pakistanis and indians get along well especailly in preston anyway. and that goes for muslims and hindus too. nobody cares who you are.

[Off topic] Don't tell me you live in Preston!

East Bengalis (Bangladeshis), not West Bengalis. The two styles are completely different. Northerners take to West Bengali food much more readily.

really! thanks i guess. where were you born?
persoanly northerners are nice once you go below manchester then the politeness stops.

LOL.

It works in reverse too! The further north you go, the more polite it gets (try not to land up in Glasgow; that's not north, that's awful). In the highlands, it's the best yet.

Do they relate each other culturally or totally remain separate? Suppose a Bangladeshi and a Pakistani meet in a restaurant. Bangladeshi ordered Bengali 'Ilish Macher JHOL' (Hilsha fish curry) and Shutki bhorta (Smashed smelly dry fish with spices) with bhath (Boiled plain non-aromatic rice). Will the Pakistani eat the dish if offered?
Most probably not their only cordial relations display during match against India, either India vs Pakistan or India vs Bangladesh. Rest Bangladeshi more close to Indians or the states close to Bangladesh because of common language and food they can share.

only coastal people eat fish in pak... what i heard.. so i think the pakistani will get offended and attempt to behead the bengali....
Or rather sit with his bengali brother to share same food and give a big :nana:
To Hindu guy:omghaha:
Wl today I too had food wd my bengali mate lol

Back
Top Bottom