What's new

How do Pakistanis and Bangladeshis interact with each other abroad?

authentic bengali food is not that spicy, I dont like spicy food myself, so it suits my palate.. am talking about india side of bengali food. I dont think its that different in bd... @BDforever whats the difference?

Bangladesh cuisine is much more spicier than West Bengal.

I prefer Bangladesh cuisine personally overall....I like spicy and bold flavours.

But W.B food is great in its own way as well.

Everything home-cooked of course....none of the crap restaurant stuff.

I can't speak for others, but I've never been the biggest fan of Bengali food. I had two Bangladeshi roommates in college, and the food was more different from ours than I initially guessed. One of them actually didn't like Bengali food at all. I'm willing to try just about anything though. However, while Bangladeshis eat a lot fish (at least in comparison to Pakistanis), they eat a lot more beef than we do. That's the biggest thing I noticed.

Culturally speaking, interaction with them is often limited to the Masjid (mosque). Most of them are pretty nice to us and vice versa. However, interaction among all South Asians is somewhat limited, at least here in America. We do notice each other when at desi stores and at school. But I have far more Mexican-American and Chinese-American friends than I do Indian-American friends or Bangladeshi-American friends. I guess that's just the demographic reality of America.
what do you think of mexican food? i can eat burrito every day for lunch... :)

authentic bengali food is not that spicy, I dont like spicy food myself, so it suits my palate.. am talking about india side of bengali food. I dont think its that different in bd... @BDforever whats the difference?
it varies region to region, in Chittagong side, it is spicy like hell lol
In Southern side, it is less oily than other parts etc
Btw what was the thread topic ?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i like spicy though, i like when i feel dizzy and water comes out from eyes because of spicy food
raw.gif

what do you think of mexican food? i can eat burrito every day for lunch... :)

:smitten:I love Mexican food. Enchiladas and carne asada are my personal favorites. However, the food I eat here isn't the most authentic. Of course, living in Los Angeles, authentic Mexican cuisine is there if you want it. I'm just not brave enough yet. :)

Maybe one day I'll get around to it...

:smitten:I love Mexican food. Enchiladas and carne asada are my personal favorites. However, the food I eat here isn't the most authentic. Of course, living in Los Angeles, authentic Mexican cuisine is there if you want it. I'm just not brave enough yet. :)

Have you tried the mexican street food they sell in those vans? Some of them are excellent and really authentic. I had them must have been 8 years ago I think when I was in LA....still remember how good it was. Love the liberal use of avocado, lime and seasoning in mexican food to go with the tender flavourful meat.

Surprised to see this. I thought Pakistanis ate a lot of beef.

So what is the most popular meat in Pakistan? Goat? Chicken? Something else?

I find Pakistanis love mutton and chicken way more than beef.

My good Pakistani friend cooked some of the finest chicken I have ever known hehe.....my mouth waters just thinking of it.

enchiladas are too heavy.... tacos are too small(and difficult to eat)... burritos are just perrrrfect..
its easy to eat on the go and quite filling... there are some fusion food places in london, korean burrito i tried in a food festival was quite good and indian burrito i ate in london is just awsome... there is bombay burrito which is ok but my fav is wrapchic @waz you should try it if you are ever in soho... (just for food no funny business) :)
the website is also quite cool as is the name.
http://wrapchic.co.uk/

Have you tried the mexican street food they sell in those vans? Some of them are excellent and really authentic. I had them must have been 8 years ago I think when I was in LA....still remember how good it was. Love the liberal use of avocado, lime and seasoning in mexican food to go with the tender flavourful meat.

Yes! :yahoo: Food trucks are the best here in LA. Great tasting food prepared quickly for cheap. Some of the best food you'll find. And just like you, I love the simple combination of flavorful seasoned meat and fresh lime/chili & salsa. It's addicting. I never get tired of it.

I find Pakistanis love mutton and chicken way more than beef.

My good Pakistani friend cooked some of the finest chicken I have ever known hehe.....my mouth waters just thinking of it.
Do Pakistanis have biryani?

enchiladas are too heavy.... tacos are too small(and difficult to eat)... burritos are just perrrrfect..
its easy to eat on the go and quite filling... there are some fusion food places in london, korean burrito i tried in a food festival was quite good and indian burrito i ate in london is just awsome... there is bombay burrito which is ok but my fav is wrapchic @waz you should try it if you are ever in soho... (just for food no funny business) :)
You should try sitting down to a meal for a change.

Why are all your meals " on the go"? :o:

Enchiladas are indeed heavy. But I love cheese :D. And if you like fusion, come to LA. So much Korean/Mexican fusion going on. Among others like Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, and American comfort food.

I'd love to go to London though and try some proper British food, as well as South Asian. It's on my "bucket" list.

Do Pakistanis have biryani?

You should try sitting down to a meal for a change.

Why are all your meals " on the go"? :o:

Course they do....best Biryani in town in Ottawa is a Pak run place.....good seasoning, friendly owners that I talk with lots, they always got some bollywood movie going on and the biryani is not too heavy even when its take away.....and the condiments provided are top notch too.

It was an addiction of mine when I was in college hehe.

Enchiladas are indeed heavy. But I love cheese :D. And if you like fusion, come to LA. So much Korean/Mexican fusion going on. Among others like Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, and American comfort food.

I'd love to go to London though and try some proper British food, as well as South Asian. It's on my "bucket" list.
by proper british food you mean fish n chips, meat pies and jacket potatoes?

Back
Top Bottom