What's new

History of the looting of the Indian army in the war of liberation , and reasons of helping us (Bangladesh)

This is utterly false. Show me any evidence of any left wing party in Bangladesh or even any left wing intellectual ever advocated merging Bangladesh with India? In fact Bangladeshi left wing always raise voice against Indian domination and big brotherly attitude. They are at the forefront of the opposition of Indian coal fired power plant near Sunderban. During the Sheikh Mujib period, the main left wing political party in Bangladesh JSD was virulently Anti India and considered India to be an imperialist power. So, I urge you not to web fantasy here and deceive our unsuspecting guest.

How about the Sarboharas ?

Why was the Rakhi Bahini disbanded ?

When ? Next 73 years 🤣
Inshallah bahut jald :D

Don't know if the Sikh Regiment mutinies of Ganganagar Rajasthan, Ramgarh, Jharkhand 1984, classify as mutinies with Brig R.S. Puri killed.
Or the assassination of Indira Gandhi by her own security guards ? How about Rajeev Gandhi getting blown to smithereens with Z grade security compromised by Tamil sympathizers ? Or ex- COAS general A.S. Vaidya dinked while shopping ; wonder what his security was doing?
Again, what are you trying to prove? That intelligence / security was lax. Yes, it was and we took counter-measures so that such acts are not repeated.

From whom? Bangladesh ?
Yes, in case they turn enemy or a rogue unit attacks.

The left wing Bangladeshi elements know that Bangladesh is facing an environmental and demographic problem with climate change resulting in a loss of 20% of its land in the next 25 years.
Another deluded fantasy. Show me any proof that Bangladesh will loose 20 percent of it's land in the next 25 years? There is no sign on the ground that Bangladesh will loose any land in the future. Contrary, Bangladesh's land mass will expand by 10,000 sq. km in the future as our govt. is undertaking a huge project to reclaim land from the Bay of Bengal by dredging rivers and sea bed and building cross dam in the coast under the project of 'Deltaplan 2100AD'. We are spending 37 billion Dollar by 2030 to build infrastructure to tackle flood, cyclone and potential sea level rise. Read this news-

Bangladesh Delta Plan 2100 - a mega plan in the making to counter sea level rise

Bangladesh will dredge the shallow Meghna estuary to shore up the coast line and build dikes using Netherlands technology. Every year, Ganges-Brahmaputra carry 1.2 billion ton silt which deposited in the mouth of Bay of Bengal in coastal areas of Bangladesh. It is increasing our land mass 16 sq. km every year in natural process. We can greatly enhance this process through land reclamation project.

Land area of Bangladesh is growing 16 square kilometers a year.

Sea level rise will not be a problem for us as billions of ton silt is naturally elevating our landmass. The foreign climate change alarmist who are predicting 20 percent of land in Bangladesh will submerge are not taking into account of natural accretion of soil in our coast line and human interventions like land reclamation which we are practicing. Bangladesh already reclaimed 1000 sq. km from Bay of Bengal since 1970s by building 139 polders.

Bangladesh: Land formation in coastal areas

Country gets new land

Read these link to shed your misunderstanding about the geography and hydrology of Bangladesh.

Last edited:
How about the Sarboharas ?

Why was the Rakhi Bahini disbanded ?
Sarbaharas are militant communist group who tried violent communist revolution in Bangladesh. They were are a small terrorist group usually engaged in marder of police, political leaders and extortion of rich people. They created some havoc in 1980s and 1990s. But since then became progessively powerless and now a days they don't even make any news.

Rakkhi Bahini(protector army) was disbanded because it was a paramilitary force tasked with protecting the Sheikh Mujib regime and they gained notoriety for killing political opponents such as JSD. So, when Sheikh Mujib was killed and army took power, they disbanded it. Neither Sarbaharas nor Rakkhi Bahini advocated merger of Bangladesh with India.

Again, what are you trying to prove? That intelligence / security was lax. Yes, it was and we took counter-measures so that such acts are not repeated.

What I am trying to prove?
Both the Indian and Pakistani armed forces have taken countermeasures of their own to ensure discipline in their own way.
There is no available evidence that the Bangladesh armed forces have instituted structural reforms in their armed forces particularly with regards to officer cadre appointments and promotions.
Smaller countries such as Singapore have extremely ethical standards in their armed forces, which make them very effective fighting forces.

It says volumes for an army whose general publicly blames his own people for getting shot by a neighboring county's sniper inside their own territory.
See the thread below. Please comment there. Will discuss this there .

Sarbaharas are militant communist group who tried violent communist revolution in Bangladesh. They were are a small terrorist group usually engaged in marder of police, political leaders and extortion of rich people. They created some havoc in 1980s and 1990s. But since then became progessively powerless and now a days they don't even make any news.

Rakkhi Bahini(protector army) was disbanded because it was a paramilitary force tasked with protecting the Sheikh Mujib regime and they gained notoriety for killing political opponents such as JSD. So, when Sheikh Mujib was killed and army took power, they disbanded it. Neither Sarbaharas nor Rakkhi Bahini advocated merger of Bangladesh with India.
Thank you, I am better educated now ...
Could you explain the events of
Jail Killing Day (জেল হত্যা দিবস) of November 3, 1975.

Why were they killed?

It says volumes for an army whose general publicly blames his own people for getting shot by a neighboring county's sniper inside their own territory.
When army chief blamed Bangladeshi people for being killed by BSF? Show me any proof instaed of spinning lie. Our BGB chief once said that, smugglers have to stop violating international border if they don't want to get killed. What's wrong with this statement? BGB always protest when BSF kill any unarmed civilian inside Bangladesh. Our govt. is trying to solve this problem peacefully through dialogue with Indian counterpart.
Thank you, I am better educated now ...
Could you explain the events of
Jail Killing Day (জেল হত্যা দিবস) of November 3, 1975.

Why were they killed?
Jail killing happened as coup ledership thought the national four leaders who were very close to recently slain Sheikh Mujib are too dangerous to be alive. As they were dedicated Awami League leaders and could form resistance to their rules, so they eliminated the potential rivals. Why do you think, Bolsheviks killed the family of Czar? They could have only get rid of Czar himself while sparing the lives of his minor son and daughters. But they did not. The motif of jail killing was the same.

Last edited:
When army chief blamed Bangladeshi people for being killed by BSF? Show me any proof instaed of spinning lie. Our BGB chief once said that, smugglers have to stop violating international border if they don't want to get killed. What's wrong with this statement? BGB always protest when BSF kill any unarmed civilian inside Bangladesh. Our govt. is trying to solve this problem peacefully through dialogue with Indian counterpart.

Did I say "army chief " ? It was Major General Mohammed Shafeenul Islam, your BGB chief. See below:

We can't discuss on this thread and getting banned.

Please join me on the thread below .

A friend just send a reference from "Amar Jibon, Amader Swadhinota" ,( page 107.) Written by Barrister Moinul Hossain.

ব্যারিস্টার মইনুল হোসেনের আত্মজীবনীতে বঙ্গভবনে ভারতীয় সৈন্যদের লুটপাটের বর্ণনা
==================================================================

মুক্তিযুদ্ধ শেষ হওয়ার পর পর ইত্তেফাকের নিখোঁজ সাংবাদিক সিরাজউদ্দিন হোসেনকে মিরপুরে বিহারী বসতিতে খুঁজে না পেয়ে ব্যারিস্টার মইনুল হোসেন বঙ্গভবনে দেখা করেন ভারপ্রাপ্য রাষ্ট্রপতি সৈয়দ নজরুল ইসলামের সঙ্গে।
এ সময় তিনি সাবেক গভর্নর হাউসে ভারতীয় সৈন্যদের লুটপাটের চিত্র প্রত্যক্ষ করেন। এ ব্যাপারে তিনি ‘আমার জীবন আমাদের স্বাধীনতা’ শিরোনামে আত্মজীবনীমূলক গ্রন্থের ১০৭ নম্বর পৃষ্ঠায় লিখেছেন --
‘দেখলাম বঙ্গভবনে কার্পেট , ঝাড়বাতি কিছুই নেই । সম্পূর্ণ খালি করে ভারতীয় সৈন্যরা নিয়ে গেছে। এত অল্প সময়ের মধ্যে এসব কাজ কী করে শেষ করলো তাই ভাবছিলাম।
অন্যান্য জায়গা থেকেও কার্পেট ইত্যাদি যা কিছু মূল্যবান পেয়েছে তাই তারা নিয়ে গেছে। বিডিআর ক্যাম্পে গিয়ে দেখি সেখানে সব ফাঁকা। যুদ্ধ শেষ। অতএব বিজয়ী শক্তি হিসেবে সব তাদের প্রাপ্য।
বাংলাদেশ ব্যাংক থেকে সোনার বারসমূহ নেয়া হয়েছে। পাকিস্তানি সৈন্যরা নয় মাসে আমাদের কাছ থেকে যে সব সম্পদ লুটপাট করে ক্যান্টনমেন্টে রেখেছিল তাও পাকিস্তানিদের ভোগে আসেনি।
পাকিস্তানের বিরুদ্ধে কারা বিজয়ী শক্তি? আমাদের জনগণের মুক্তিযুদ্ধের বিজয়ী শক্তি তো আমরা। তাহলে মূল্যবান জিনিসপত্র ভারতীয় সৈন্যরা নিল কি করে ?’

ভারতীয়রা মুক্তি যুদ্ধের শেষের দিকে ১০ / ১২ দিন পূর্বে আমাদের সহযোগিতা নামে লুট পাট করার জন্য আর পাকিস্তানিদের হতে পরাজয়ের স্বাক্ষর ছিনিয়ে নিতেই মূলত এসেছিল যে কারণে ১৪ ডিসেম্বর সকল বুদ্ধি জীবিদের হত্যা করে ভারত স্বাক্ষী ধামা চাপা দিতে এবং সেই হত্যার দায় ভার চাপিয়ে দেয় সুযোগ বুঝে পাকিস্তানিদের উপর । বাস্তবতা হল ৮/ ৯ / ১০ ই ডিসেম্বর হতেই পাকিস্তানিরা এলাকা বিশেষ আত্ম সমার্পন করতে ছিল । তাহলে তারা ১৪ ই ডিসেম্বর আবার বুদ্ধি জীবি হত্যা কেন করবে ? বুদ্ধি জীবিদের হত্যার পিছনে চক্রান্ত ছিল সেই সময়ের আওয়ামী লীগের নেতাদের । কারণ বুদ্ধি জীবিরা সকলের চরিত্রই জানত ।"

Google translate -

Barrister Moinul Hossain's autobiography describes the looting of Indian troops at Bangabhaban

After the end of the War of Liberation, the missing Ittefaq journalist Sirajuddin Hossain could not be found in the Bihari settlement in Mirpur and Barrister Moinul Hossain met the Acting President Syed Nazrul Islam at Bangabhaban.
At this time he witnessed the looting of Indian troops in the former Governor's House. He wrote in this regard on page 107 of his autobiographical book entitled "My life iand our freedom" -

‘I saw that there were no carpets or chandeliers in Bangabhaban. Completely evacuated by Indian troops. I was wondering how all this work was done in such a short time.

Carpets etc. from other places also got something valuable so they took it. I went to the BDR camp and saw that everything was empty. The war is over. Therefore all deserve them as the victorious power.

Gold bars have been taken from Bangladesh Bank. The Pakistanis did not consume from all the resources that the Pakistani soldiers looted from us and kept in the cantonment for nine months.

Who is the victorious power against Pakistan? We are the victorious force of our people's liberation war. So how did the Indian soldiers take the valuables? '

The Indians came 10/12 days before the end of the liberation war to loot in the name of our cooperation and to snatch the signature of defeat from the Pakistanis. That is why on 14th December India killed all the intellectuals to conceal the witness. And the responsibility for that murder falls on the Pakistanis who understand the opportunity. The reality is that since December 8/9/10, the Pakistanis had to surrender the area. Then why will they kill the intellectuals again on 14th December? The conspiracy behind the killing of intellectuals was by the leaders of the Awami League at that time. Because intelligent beings knew the character of everyone.

PS - I wanted to place an order for the book for myself right now at Rokomari but unfortunately it's no longer available.

https://www.rokomari.com/book/152098/amar-jibon-o-amader-swadhinota

Last edited:
A friend just send a reference from "Amar Jibon, Amader Swadhinota" ,( page 107.) Written by Barrister Moinul Hossain.

ব্যারিস্টার মইনুল হোসেনের আত্মজীবনীতে বঙ্গভবনে ভারতীয় সৈন্যদের লুটপাটের বর্ণনা

মুক্তিযুদ্ধ শেষ হওয়ার পর পর ইত্তেফাকের নিখোঁজ সাংবাদিক সিরাজউদ্দিন হোসেনকে মিরপুরে বিহারী বসতিতে খুঁজে না পেয়ে ব্যারিস্টার মইনুল হোসেন বঙ্গভবনে দেখা করেন ভারপ্রাপ্য রাষ্ট্রপতি সৈয়দ নজরুল ইসলামের সঙ্গে।
এ সময় তিনি সাবেক গভর্নর হাউসে ভারতীয় সৈন্যদের লুটপাটের চিত্র প্রত্যক্ষ করেন। এ ব্যাপারে তিনি ‘আমার জীবন আমাদের স্বাধীনতা’ শিরোনামে আত্মজীবনীমূলক গ্রন্থের ১০৭ নম্বর পৃষ্ঠায় লিখেছেন --
‘দেখলাম বঙ্গভবনে কার্পেট , ঝাড়বাতি কিছুই নেই । সম্পূর্ণ খালি করে ভারতীয় সৈন্যরা নিয়ে গেছে। এত অল্প সময়ের মধ্যে এসব কাজ কী করে শেষ করলো তাই ভাবছিলাম।
অন্যান্য জায়গা থেকেও কার্পেট ইত্যাদি যা কিছু মূল্যবান পেয়েছে তাই তারা নিয়ে গেছে। বিডিআর ক্যাম্পে গিয়ে দেখি সেখানে সব ফাঁকা। যুদ্ধ শেষ। অতএব বিজয়ী শক্তি হিসেবে সব তাদের প্রাপ্য।
বাংলাদেশ ব্যাংক থেকে সোনার বারসমূহ নেয়া হয়েছে। পাকিস্তানি সৈন্যরা নয় মাসে আমাদের কাছ থেকে যে সব সম্পদ লুটপাট করে ক্যান্টনমেন্টে রেখেছিল তাও পাকিস্তানিদের ভোগে আসেনি।
পাকিস্তানের বিরুদ্ধে কারা বিজয়ী শক্তি? আমাদের জনগণের মুক্তিযুদ্ধের বিজয়ী শক্তি তো আমরা। তাহলে মূল্যবান জিনিসপত্র ভারতীয় সৈন্যরা নিল কি করে ?’

ভারতীয়রা মুক্তি যুদ্ধের শেষের দিকে ১০ / ১২ দিন পূর্বে আমাদের সহযোগিতা নামে লুট পাট করার জন্য আর পাকিস্তানিদের হতে পরাজয়ের স্বাক্ষর ছিনিয়ে নিতেই মূলত এসেছিল যে কারণে ১৪ ডিসেম্বর সকল বুদ্ধি জীবিদের হত্যা করে ভারত স্বাক্ষী ধামা চাপা দিতে এবং সেই হত্যার দায় ভার চাপিয়ে দেয় সুযোগ বুঝে পাকিস্তানিদের উপর । বাস্তবতা হল ৮/ ৯ / ১০ ই ডিসেম্বর হতেই পাকিস্তানিরা এলাকা বিশেষ আত্ম সমার্পন করতে ছিল । তাহলে তারা ১৪ ই ডিসেম্বর আবার বুদ্ধি জীবি হত্যা কেন করবে ? বুদ্ধি জীবিদের হত্যার পিছনে চক্রান্ত ছিল সেই সময়ের আওয়ামী লীগের নেতাদের । কারণ বুদ্ধি জীবিরা সকলের চরিত্রই জানত ।"

Google translate -

Barrister Moinul Hossain's autobiography describes the looting of Indian troops at Bangabhaban

After the end of the War of Liberation, the missing Ittefaq journalist Sirajuddin Hossain could not be found in the Bihari settlement in Mirpur and Barrister Moinul Hossain met the Acting President Syed Nazrul Islam at Bangabhaban.
At this time he witnessed the looting of Indian troops in the former Governor's House. He wrote in this regard on page 107 of his autobiographical book entitled "My life iand our freedom" -

‘I saw that there were no carpets or chandeliers in Bangabhaban. Completely evacuated by Indian troops. I was wondering how all this work was done in such a short time.

Carpets etc. from other places also got something valuable so they took it. I went to the BDR camp and saw that everything was empty. The war is over. Therefore all deserve them as the victorious power.

Gold bars have been taken from Bangladesh Bank. The Pakistanis did not consume from all the resources that the Pakistani soldiers looted from us and kept in the cantonment for nine months.

Who is the victorious power against Pakistan? We are the victorious force of our people's liberation war. So how did the Indian soldiers take the valuables? '

The Indians came 10/12 days before the end of the liberation war to loot in the name of our cooperation and to snatch the signature of defeat from the Pakistanis. That is why on 14th December India killed all the intellectuals to conceal the witness. And the responsibility for that murder falls on the Pakistanis who understand the opportunity. The reality is that since December 8/9/10, the Pakistanis had to surrender the area. Then why will they kill the intellectuals again on 14th December? The conspiracy behind the killing of intellectuals was by the leaders of the Awami League at that time. Because intelligent beings knew the character of everyone.

PS - I wanted to place an order for the book for myself right now at Rokomari but unfortunately it's no longer available.

https://www.rokomari.com/book/152098/amar-jibon-o-amader-swadhinota

Many Thanks @Atlas bhai for providing this one solid piece of evidence, among many.

India-sycophants will be many and uninformed folks too (even here at PDF), but the evidence is pretty much incontrovertible and has been for the past fifty years, regardless of Indian efforts to hide and re-write it.

Many Thanks @Atlas bhai for providing this one solid piece of evidence, among many.

India-sycophants will be many and uninformed folks too (even here at PDF), but the evidence is pretty much incontrovertible and has been for the past fifty years, regardless of Indian efforts to hide and re-write it.

Dude, the intellectual killings were definitely not by India, not to mention a disproportionate amount of them were Hindu. I have known from many of my relatives ( who are not even pro-India or even pro-BAL) how the events transpired. I think I've mentioned a story about my maternal family as well in one post about massacres they witnessed (and almost got themselves trapped in), and no Indians were involved. Let's not put milk and honey into a pot of blood to make a literal genocide something less. If you believe the Rohingya genocide is a genocide, then the events of 1971 are no less a genocide, whether 3 million or 300,000 or 30,000 were killed or raped. I have nothing against Pakistan, and the pre-1971 Pakistan could've been a successful state if they shed their colonial era feudalistic view of Bengalis and treated us fairly. Jinnah's vision of a economically-vibrant secular democratic state within a Muslim majority was not met in Pakistan, and I'd say its being met now by Bangladesh. In the same vein, I have nothing against India (especially 70s congress India), aside from their recent anti-Muslim and alleged "illegal Bangladeshi" tirade. We cannot prosper as a people if we blindly ignore the misdeeds of some, just because they are our co-religionists.

Let's not put milk and honey into a pot of blood to make a literal genocide something less.
Murder on innocent started from 25 march and onward.

Mass murder was started by Pakistan army at the middle of the 25 march night with operation searchlight , exactly no one but some Pakistani refuse it.

But I have asked a question several times that how an army who is already retreating can kill all intellectuals in one day and that is just one day before surrender?

Popular figure of martyr number is 3m bit accepted figure could be 3 lakhs( this is off topic here ) , but what was the number of the intellectuals?

If Pakistan army can murder 3m/3 lakh in just nine months , why couldn't they kill few hundreds of intellectuals that time?

If India liberated us ( as some fifth columnists claim) , then after India directly involved to the war Pakistan army already became weak ( although it is supposed that the same army was mighty before saviours come and already finished 3 m) , so how can such week army kill intellectuals with the help of Razakars?

After all Razakars should be already fleeing since their master Niazi is staggering by Indian attack?

So why Pakistani army didn't kill intellectuals in previous nine months , but killed just before they surrendered to Indian army?

Does this theory make any type of sense?

Are we kids that we will eat whatever we will be fed?

No certainly not. It's common sense , if Pakistani army murdered intellectuals then they should have done it long ago when they just started operation searchlight , because it was a planned operation,and Pakistani army was mighty.

So yes mass murder started by Pakistani army in 25 march night , but ended by Indian army in 14 December .

However the on topic discusion was ,Indians were not saviour , but burglars who came to loot our glory that was achieved by the blood of countless martyrs.

So people should remain consistent instead of being emotional.

So the points are not making genocide less ,but an effort to find the reality.

Murder is murder ,doesn't matter what is the numbers or where murders happened and who are the murderers!

Last edited:
Murder on innocent started from 25 march and onward.

Mass murder was started by Pakistan army at the middle of the 25 march night with operation searchlight , exactly no one but some Pakistani refuse it.

But I have asked a question several times that how an army who is already retreating can kill all intellectuals in one day and that is just one day before surrender?

Popular figure of martyr number is 3m bit accepted figure could be 3 lakhs( this is off topic here ) , but what was the number of the intellectuals?

If Pakistan army can murder 3m/3 lakh in just nine months , why couldn't they kill few hundreds of intellectuals that time?

If India liberated us ( as some fifth columnists claim) , then after India directly involved to the war Pakistan army already became weak ( although it is supposed that the same army was mighty before saviours come and already finished 3 m) , so how can such week army kill intellectuals with the help of Razakars?

After all Razakars should be already fleeing since their master Niazi is staggering by Indian attack?

So why Pakistani army didn't kill intellectuals in previous nine months , but killed just before they surrendered to Indian army?

Does this theory make any type of sense?

Are we kids that we will eat whatever we will be fed?

No certainly not. It's common sense , if Pakistani army murdered intellectuals then they should have done it long ago when they just started operation searchlight , because it was a planned operation,and Pakistani army was mighty.

So yes mass murder started by Pakistani army in 25 march night , but ended by Indian army in 14 December .

Indians were not saviour , but burglars who came to loot our glory that was achieved by the blood of countless martyrs.

So people should remain consistent instead of being emotional.

India's intervention in 1971 was not only based on humanitarian grounds, but also a chance to take care of its arch rival, everybody knows that. Most of the war was of course fought by our own freedom fighters, and we don't have to owe anything to India. Having said that, let's not pin falsified history on them. I am not well versed in the looting, so I will not comment (but I'm quite skeptical about the event, and the sources you posted are dubious at best). The intellectual killings on the other hand, in contrast to popular belief started since the 25th of March, with a big portion killed at the start of the war. Killing commenced till liberation. There are eye witness accounts in regards to how they were killed, and their surviving relatives and family probably can narrate better than me. Most were picked off by Al-Badr and Razakars, a minority by direct Pak-army, and slaughtered. There no reliable sources from any of the surviving family members or closely connected people that blame India on the matter.

India's intervention in 1971 was not only based on humanitarian grounds, but also a chance to take care of its arch rival, everybody knows that
Exactly . Actually no humanity was involved ,they only helped ( before directly trespass) for their own benefit.

Evidence is , they are not helping Rohingyas.

Most of the war was of course fought by our own freedom fighters, and we don't have to owe anything to India.
Agree . :cheers:

I am not well versed in the looting, so I will not comment (but I'm quite skeptical about the event, and the sources you posted are dubious at best).
OP has reference of freedom fighters , and I later posted from the book of Moinul. However you can consider it dubious ,as I admit nothing is gospel truth. More research can be done.

But people now raising questions and that's a nice way to know the reality.

The intellectual killings on the other hand, in contrast to popular belief started since the 25th of March, with a big portion killed at the start of the war. Killing commenced till liberation.
Indeed I agree , it could be very correct no disagreement if its started since 25 march night.

But in 14 December whatever numbers of intellectuals were murdered, that can't be the work of Pakistan army and their fellows as already they were trying to save their own a.ss .

So such fleeing people can't commit murder , specially if it's seek and punish type operation.

Evidence is , they are not helping Rohingyas.
Your new friend China vetoes any proposal on Myanmar. It has deep links with the military junta. What can India do when China is not doing or allowing anything to be done?
Do you suppose India should go to war with Myanmar over Rohingyas.

India went to war with Pakistan in 1971 when refugees flooded India. May be it is you who need to go to war with Myanmar to solve your refugee problem.
We cant sacrifice our soldiers for you this time. You will come back with abuse again saying we killed intellectuals blah blah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom