What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dabangg banned in Pakistan on Eid

Salman Khan’s Dabangg is making waves in India but the same cannot be said about it in our neighbouring country. The latest news is that Salman Khan’s much talked about venture won’t be making it to the theatres in Pakistan on Eid.

Additionally, the Pakistani government has already increased the entertainment tax on Indian movies from 35 per cent to 65 per cent.

Last we heard was that the Pakistan Government has banned the screening of all Indian movies in Pakistan. Most of the Indian television shows have also been banned as of now. So this Eid, Pakistan will be bereft of Indian movies and serials which are also watched by the Pakistanis.

When Salman’s Wanted was last screened in Pakistan, it was a big hit. When we spoke to Arbaaz Khan the producer of Dabangg, he replied, “The film is releasing all over. I have no problems if it doesn’t release in Pakistan. We are overwhelmed at the response we have received in India itself during the promotion. We have made a good product and we are proud of it. The fate of the film finally rests with the audience.”

if religion can be used as a tool to teach people how to be sane and follow humanity.

That hindu mythology has given India the likes of Saffron brigade so please do not tell me that teaching your religion will make Pakistani people sane please do apply it in your own country if it succeeded then you can present it an example so far i dont see any sanity keeping in mind many incident of barbarism based on religion in your land.

and not become human bomb then why not ?
they are not using cartoon to spread the religon but to be better human.

Better human become with clear understanding of things. Here you are confusing them with forcing down two different ideologies on the small kids. At home they are taught there is NO god But Allah the one and only and there is NO room for more than ONE God whereas through these cartoons you are teaching them there are thousands of god ranging from Hanuman to ganesh and so on.

SO Bette DO NOT teach them religion in entertainment cartoons.

Dabangg banned in Pakistan on Eid

Salman Khan’s Dabangg is making waves in India but the same cannot be said about it in our neighbouring country. The latest news is that Salman Khan’s much talked about venture won’t be making it to the theatres in Pakistan on Eid.

audience.”

Banned for kids or completly banned???

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow me to answer this one.
Widow burning isn't just uncommon, it has been stamped out. Period. 15-odd there was one case in Rajasthan that was huge in the news, nothing after that.

And yes, Hindu customs do treat widows unequally, but it is a minuscule minority where a widow would be treated like in the movie Water. A widow is not allowed to participate in a lot of religious functions, which is BS- but this is changing rapidly as India urbanizes and gets more educated. Frankly, Islam treats widows far better and there is no stigma attached to remarriage.

There is a huge divide in India, culturally. Nuclear families in cities are westernized and not very different in their views from the west, but there are also people who live in a previous century in the villages and small towns. It would be unfair to generalize, though both kinds exist.

Okay, perhaps it was unfair to generalize after watching a movie. However, because the poster I was replying to did attack Islam first, I want to just add that a lot of females are killed in India while still in their mother's womb... while this is not a Hindu teaching, shouldn't Govt ban this? A few decades ago Govt outlawed multiple wives from Hindu teachings even though there is a logical reason for polygamy (which I have provided there). However, infanticide and feticide is increasing due to the rapid progress of urbanization because of abortion technology. Sometimes, a country urbanizes but leaves good values behind.

That hindu mythology has given India the likes of Saffron brigade so please do not tell me that teaching your religion will make Pakistani people sane please do apply it in your own country if it succeeded then you can present it an example so far i dont see any sanity keeping in mind many incident of barbarism based on religion in your land.

Better human become with clear understanding of things. Here you are confusing them with forcing down two different ideologies on the small kids. At home they are taught there is NO god But Allah the one and only and there is NO room for more than ONE God whereas through these cartoons you are teaching them there are thousands of god ranging from Hanuman to ganesh and so on.

jana ji, the people have rejected the saffron brigade. for two elections now. you should be able to figure out how much support it has now. i can now start arguing that this lack of support for extremists is due to the programs on TV that promote religious tolerance.

Okay, perhaps it was unfair to generalize after watching a movie. However, because the poster I was replying to did attack Islam first, I want to just add that a lot of females are killed in India while still in their mother's womb... while this is not a Hindu teaching, shouldn't Govt ban this? A few decades ago Govt outlawed multiple wives from Hindu teachings even though there is a logical reason for polygamy (which I have provided there). However, infanticide and feticide is increasing due to the rapid progress of urbanization because of abortion technology. Sometimes, a country urbanizes but leaves good values behind.
my friend, while abortions are legal, infanticide and *** determination of the fetus are illegal in india.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I think, Salman Khan as Chulbul Pandey, a Hindu name could be the reason for ban.
seriously?

90% of the roles he has played have been of hindu characters. go figure

This is what my argument is too... when children are little, cartoons are more entertaining that learning (not just Islamic studies, but everything). Will they be more affected by cartoons showing polytheism or lectures about monotheism of Islam? Surely, they be influenced by the cartoons as it appeals to them.

When they grow up, this will shape them. I myself am a teenager but I did not know much about Islam because I had little will to learn about my religion until I moved to Dubai. Perhaps because I grew a mustache and a lil beard (i.e. matured) or perhaps it was the environment. All it all I can say that these cartoons should be banned and it was a good idea.

cartoons for kids are meant to be for some lighter moments.

And who is to say watching the antics of an animated warrior monkey does not constitute a lighter moment.

From the first page i am saying the same THING Why to make cartoons based on religious teachings and gods in the first place that too for kids.

Keep these religious cartoons out of the reach of the children simple and straight.

Ban this crap and i dont have to mince my words one way or the other. If they can come up with entertainment cartoons for Kids fine we have no issue if these are made in tamil nadu or naga land or india. But Religious cartoons are a BIG NOOOOOOOOOO

You know, that kind of attitude will only serve to exclude you from most of the world's art & literature. In the case of the Ramayana itself, it is deeply ingrained in the art & dances of most of south east asia along with India. It happens to be Thailand's national epic.So would you stop watching any performances of Thai, Cambodian,Javanese & Balinese dancers? Life would be a lot poorer for people making such decisions. It also prevents you from ever watching Indian classical dances or performing arts. In any case the Ramayana is a story that can be seen as such without attributing any divine connotation to its characters. There are no religious teachings directly involved.

This would also hold true for people visiting Europe, Egypt,South America. A lot of the monuments as well as the arts& culture on display has some historical religious significance.

What about your favourite cartoon characters Tom & Jerry celebrating Christmas & the like? Would you consider that religious indoctrination too?

jana ji, the people have rejected the saffron brigade. for two elections now. you should be able to figure out how much support it has now. i can now start arguing that this lack of support for extremists is due to the programs on TV that promote religious tolerance.

There is no such element called 'Saffron Brigade'.It's only the troublemakers, be it from from any religion, which are condemned & sidelined by Indian Society.

Dont you think teaching only a religion made Taliban and India as "Hindu India" for many Pakistanis? Dont come with Barbarian act as you could never justified diminishing Hindus/Sikhs from Pakistan and increasing Muslims in India. Hypocrisy??

If you teach them None other god exist than "Allah" then are not you blinding them with only one faith exist in the world? Are they not going to learn that this world is full of other faiths as well?
And FYI, Please dont watch TV, Movies or Cable as well. Reason is this is unislamic. Maulanaji (He teaches Urdu in one famous Government college as well) who was my neighbour never bought a TV, Radio, Music system as he claimed it was unislamic he never sleeps on mattress so please follow the same as well.

90% of the roles he has played have been of hindu characters. go figure[/QUOTE]

Pls read between the lines, Dude!!!!:azn:

my friend, while abortions are legal, infanticide and *** determination of the fetus are illegal in india.

Abortions are a legal way to kill females- but why exactly is it legal? India has one of the highest female abortion rates in the world! Make it illegal. This way people cannot abort their unborn girls- only option is birth. If they still have the desire to kill a living and breathing baby in front of their eyes (which most do not want to do- e.g. stealing from a movie shop and downloading a movie is the same- you just don't have a feeling that you are stealing), then they can do it but there will be severe consequences- as you said, it is illegal.

If it was week, we could have seen same effect as of other old religions. I think you want to prove that A small child will ask certain question to his parents, which his parents would not able to answer.

Moreover, its not about weak or strong, its about tolerance or not. If you can't tolerate hindu cartoons, how can you tolerate hindus itself.

1. The question of weak and strong was brought by your wise Indian member here.

2. Surely if the kids asks his parents why we do not worship hanuman or ganesh or if snakes do not bite us and they can be friendly to us by worshiping then can he/she holds the snake as been shown by Hindu mythology. SO what do you think what the parents will tell them ?? other than the difference betwene Idol worshiping and Islam.

Not a good idea to promote any religion through cartoons to small kids. SIMPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom