What's new

Hindus will get 600 million free for all Apsaras in heaven.

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Apsaras: Hindu Mythology Fairies (Portrait, Origins, Roles)​

6 minutes of reading / Indian Mythology & Folklore

Apsaras are the dancing girls of Indra’s court. They rose from the milk ocean when it was churned, and are of resplendent and celestial forms.

An Apsaras, a Hindu mythological water fairy, dancing above a lake
An Apsaras, a Hindu mythological water fairy, dancing above a lake

However, the Apasarases did not undergo purification and hence no god could wed them.

So they became women of easy virtue and dwelt among the Gandharvas (Hindu class of mythological beings skilled in dance and music).

The Apsaras are six hundred millions in number; and some of the most important among them are Urvasi, Menaka, Rembha and Thilothama.

The Apsaras occupy in Hindu mythology the position of the fairies of Western mythology.

The Apsaras, like the Gandharvas, and Kinnaras do not live in heaven but inhabit the valleys of the mythical mountains.
They are a law unto themselves in matters moral. They are, more or less, social outcasts and represent the actors, dancers and singers of this world of whom the Code of Manu speaks with such contempt.

Description of the apsaras​

The Apsaras nymphs dance and sing. They are called “gods girls”.

Their female companions are the Devapatnis, proper wives of the gods. Like all Hindu celestials they are depicted as overloaded with gems and garlands.

They also wear necklaces, golden girdles, and anklets, which tinkle as they welcome saints to heaven.

apsaras-2-683x1024.jpg

Saints or warriors ride to heaven on musical cars drawn by geese, lions, or tigers and are greeted by the music of musical instruments such as vina, vallaki, muraja and bells, while the nupura of the waiting nymphs delight their ears as well.
The nymphs wear their locks in five braids.

They wear fine clothes and throw them aside when they bathe in the heavenly Mandakini, but are much ashamed when seen naked by Vyasa (a mortal sage).

Ordinarily they are not so shy, and are often described as lewd and pitiless.

It is sometimes said they do not have husbands and are free to all.

Thus, the Asparas nymphs are free in love and ordinarily care only for love and play.

When a hero dies in battle, thousands of them hover above him, each one seeking his soul and saying to herself “May he be my lord”.

They also dance at human weddings, while Gandharvas sing finely, but the Apsarasas themselves sing sweetly with “song beautified by elocution”.

Wrong. In Hinduism only ur soul travels to heaven. So no option of having sex with Apsaras in heaven. But if ur powerful with spiritual energies you can bring them to earth.
Has anyone done that yet?

Apsaras aren’t promised after death and may be that’s why no Hindu can be effectively convinced to become a suicide bomber. I guess RSS looking for a work around. 🤔

I thought Hindus didn't 'have' an afterlife?

Whatever happened to "Samsara," the loop-de-loop of life?!

I'm sure some would be willing to blow themselves up for a brand-new iPhone or something in the next life, heh!

Yes, many Rishis have done it with their spiritual power, some even travelled to heaven with their earthly body even when alive.

Must have created headaches for the government.

I mean, how do you issue an I.D card to an Apsara chick?

Not going to judge you, but you can just go to the neighbourhood vegetable shop and find them.View attachment 933054
Lol.. you Muslims really live in glass houses. You have fun mis pronouncing apsara as asparagus... what English word sounds similar to Hoors now?? You can shout till your throat gets hoarse

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom