What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as learning about mythology, it would be better off studying it but hey, you can watch entertainment movies about it if you wish.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Exactly!

This is why religious cartoons are different to your average tom and jerry chase.

Sorry dude, i watch mythological movies not to study and research but because of the fact that its interesting to know things which are alien to u. I dont want to write a thesis on each movie i see.

religious cartoons?? ... what are u talking about??/... its cartoons with stories which has mythical charecters in it.. Since its not banned yet, go check out yourself,.. there are no "praying Session" or religious chants or any sort of things..
You can easily check out and not get influenced as i believe u are not a kid.

Have u seen any of it and recollect any instance which can harm ur "faith" yet... If yes do come back and lay ur points.

I think Jana is entitled to her opinion as she is saying that making Hinduism look good and presenting it to children. I think the world has done enough Islam bashing... we don't need to watch your cartoons on top of that. The teachings of Hinduism against Muslim values and Islam. I am sorry, but banning the cartoons was the right move.

If Pakistan wants to ban the cartoons then go ahead and ban them .Who are we to question you guys?What i don't like is that some people are questioning why the cartoons are being made.They are made in India for Indian kids and who are they to question us?I agree with you that Jana is entitled to her opinion but posting nonsense like Sonia Gandhi is promoting Hinduism takes it to another level.

there are no widow burning in hindu families now .

but there are multi wives in islam ?????

islam is rigid because its preaching which were meant for thousands years ago are still forced to be practiced. reasoning is void now.

The reason multiple wives in Islam are allowed is because female babies have a lower mortality rate in the world. In USA alone, I hear that there are 8 million more women than men. Say that for every man, there was one wife. What will these 8 million women do? Is it or is it not the right of the woman to have a man? I will use Zakir Naik's example: Every man on earth is married to one wife. Because of scientific reasons, there are more women on earth than men. What will these 'spare' women do? Will they do it Islamically and marry a man who already has a wife? Or will they become 'public property' to gain their basic right? Tell me.

India is amongst the few countries with more males than females due to heavy female infanticide and feticide (or however you spell it)

Qur'an tells men that if they cannot do justice, only marry one woman.

Now, I've answered your question- I will ask you one.

Like I said, widow burning is uncommon in India but is it true or not true that women that are widowed are forced to exile and are treated terribly?

And also tell me this: You said that Islam was meant for thousand years ago. But still, nowadays, we have more women than men. Are you saying before, women had the right to marry a man but now they do not? Multiple wives rule is for the sake of women!

Dude lets not bring too much religion and practises into this discussion.

Lets just focus on cartoons and kids for the time being.

i was jsut defining the outline , for these cartoon series. which is humanity. a good sponsor will never make his cartoon based on one relgion - and loose a big audience of other religion.

the relgion was brought on by some people who utter, words like - your crap for hinduism. or tell how weak the hinduism is.

anyways ...

If Pakistan wants to ban the cartoons then go ahead and ban them .Who are we to question you guys?What i don't like is that some people are questioning why the cartoons are being made.They are made in India for Indian kids and who are they to question us?I agree with you that Jana is entitled to her opinion but posting nonsense like Sonia Gandhi is promoting Hinduism takes it to another level.

You say she is entitled to her opinion but when she expresses it, she 'takes it to another level'.

It is Pakistan's right to ban these cartoons, like you said. But remember that this thread was posted and after that, there was much flaming from Hindu members about this. Naturally, we want to defend Pakistan's right.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

I never gave up chasing the synonym for cats though...

I have bad childhood memories about this

The reason multiple wives in Islam are allowed is because female babies have a lower mortality rate in the world. In USA alone, I hear that there are 8 million more women than men. Say that for every man, there was one wife. What will these 8 million women do? Is it or is it not the right of the woman to have a man? I will use Zakir Naik's example: Every man on earth is married to one wife. Because of scientific reasons, there are more women on earth than men. What will these 'spare' women do? Will they do it Islamically and marry a man who already has a wife? Or will they become 'public property' to gain their basic right? Tell me.

India is amongst the few countries with more males than females due to heavy female infanticide and feticide (or however you spell it)

Like I said, widow burning is uncommon in India but is it true or not true that women that are widowed are forced to exile and are treated terribly?

Exile ? LOL - where?

You say she is entitled to her opinion but when she expresses it, she 'takes it to another level'.

It is Pakistan's right to ban these cartoons, like you said. But remember that this thread was posted and after that, there was much flaming from Hindu members about this. Naturally, we want to defend Pakistan's right.

Dude, we have no problem in you guys banning all the cartoons from India, the Tv channels have "0" income from showing it to the crowd there.

You are free to ban Indian, Chinese, american or whatever channels you like.

We are just debating whether the decision is right or wrong.

On behalf of all the Indian i assure you we are not representing any cartoon channels or are debating for its promotion.

Exile ? LOL - where?

Forgive me, but I watched the Indian movie "Water".

Anyway, women do face discrimination as in just Tamil Nadu, 4 in 10 females are aborted. Who knows what happens in the rest of India.

PS. What do you think about the logic of the multiple wives rule? Nobody replies when I give logic.

Dude, we have no problem in you guys banning all the cartoons from India, the Tv channels have "0" income from showing it to the crowd there.

You are free to ban Indian, Chinese, american or whatever channels you like.

We are just debating whether the decision is right or wrong.

On behalf of all the Indian i assure you we are not representing any cartoon channels or are debating for its promotion.

Yes. By all means, I did not wish this to be a flame thread but it has lead to one and I thought it was quite unfair as a lot of people were bashing Islamic beliefs and saying that overall the decision was showing intolerance, which I want to prove wrong.

Though I must say, it got carried away. Sorry

Anyway, women do face discrimination as in just Tamil Nadu, 4 in 10 females are aborted. Who knows what happens in the rest of India.

PS. What do you think about the logic of the multiple wives rule? Nobody replies when I give logic.

I watched the movie "transformers" but never believed in cars getting transformed to big robots. :D

Allow me to answer this one.
Widow burning isn't just uncommon, it has been stamped out. Period. 15-odd years ago there was one case in Rajasthan that was huge in the news, nothing after that.

And yes, Hindu customs do treat widows unequally, but it is a minuscule minority where a widow would be treated like in the movie Water. A widow is not allowed to participate in a lot of religious functions, which is BS- but this is changing rapidly as India urbanizes and gets more educated. Frankly, Islam treats widows far better and there is no stigma attached to remarriage.

There is a huge divide in India, culturally. Nuclear families in cities are westernized and not very different in their views from the west, but there are also people who live in a previous century in the villages and small towns. It would be unfair to generalize, though both kinds exist.

And yes, the roots of polygamy lie in an unequal *** ratio-I read that it started during the crusades where most young men went off to die, leaving more women behind. It makes sense. The problem starts when an old custom has outlived it's time and is dragged on due to 'tradition'.

I watched the movie "transformers" but never believed in cars getting transformed to big robots. :D

But the movie "Water" was banned in India because it was offending Hindu beliefs... Transformers definitely isn't banned from the screens of automobile industry workers!

That was a period movie set in the 1930s and 1940s. Women face discrimination period - and India is no different.

I am all for multiple wives for people of all faiths. The more, the merrier I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom