What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched price of persia last week in DVD and "love guru" on TV,

Enjoyed both. Never saw as it a religious movie or something.

Between i like the "mummy" series of Brendon Fraser too.. Egyptian Gods rock. But i guess its banned too in Pakistan.;)

You think prince of persia and love guru are supposed to be religious? They just use western stereotypes and put them into a fantasy setting so people can watch the so-called Islam and Hinduism they want to watch, not the real thing. In any case, knowledge of both religions tends to be quite lacking (especially about Islam) in the west and people will believe everything about it that they see on TV (A non-muslim I know thought Islam does not allow women to marry whoever they like; I told him a verse of a Qur'an which said otherwise. He still believed that women can't marry who they like it Islam because it is obviously the things society teach him. He was quite close minded anyhow).

So you are saying that Now only religion sells in India??? Thats why you made cartoons on Hindu god??

Sorry state then my dear in a secular country

if religion can be used as a tool to teach people how to be sane and follow humanity.

and not become human bomb then why not ? :thinktank:
they are not using cartoon to spread the religon but to be better human.

Hinduism is thousands of years old then why it became so weak that you have felt the need to feed small kids of 4 years with hindu cartoons???????
Look Jana this thread is about Pakistan banning the cartoons and not about why the cartoons are made.Basically you have no right to question as to why the cartoons are being made.They are made for kids who love watching them and that's it.They are not made to promote Hinduism or anything. I am sorry to say this but your posts are really stupid.You just want to bash Hinduism even if it means posting total crap, and this time you have found another reason i.e cartoons.

And by the way no religion becomes stronger or weak.

hidnusism is not a weak religion, indeed its one of the strong religion, when christian are moving out of relgious belief .

moslem are being critisized for being too rigit in their relgious approiach .

hinduism is one of the religion which is related to peace.

ISLAM HAVE GONE SOUR becuase people like you have never let it transform according to change in society,. :tdown:

and if you have never seen any hollywood movies. pls go ahead n see mthem there are scene where people are shown in church and teach also how to pray.

same goes for - buddist relgion in chinese movies.

have you seen mr. bean even the bbc in most of their programme teach you about relgion nd how to celebrate their religious festivals.

grow up ..:cheers:

A religion which changes because its followers want it to change is not authentic. Does or does not Hinduism order the burning of widows? Of course, this was a completely barbaric act so it was adapted so that widows are only just cast out and treated as animals for life.

Many criticize Islam as being too rigid without knowing about it. Yusuf Estes was a catholic preacher who converted to Islam (he now gives talks- his conversion story is interesting and funny) and he said that he was very amazed that how much devotion people can give by praying 5 times a day. It is not rigid, it is devotion.

Also, in terms of rigidness, I think this was only coined because western critics of Islam felt that because Islam demands devotion to God, it must be rigid. I don't agree with this!

if religion can be used as a tool to teach people how to be sane and follow humanity.

and not become human bomb then why not ? :thinktank:
they are not using cartoon to spread the religon but to be better human.

What betterment does chhota bheem offer to humankind?

Religion is not merely a 'tool'. It is a way of life, provided that the religion is complete and established. People merely need good education of it.

You think prince of persia and love guru are supposed to be religious? They just use western stereotypes and put them into a fantasy setting so people can watch the so-called Islam and Hinduism they want to watch, not the real thing. In any case, knowledge of both religions tends to be quite lacking (especially about Islam) in the west and people will believe everything about it that they see on TV (A non-muslim I know thought Islam does not allow women to marry whoever they like; I told him a verse of a Qur'an which said otherwise. He still believed that women can't marry who they like it Islam because it is obviously the things society teach him. He was quite close minded anyhow).

Did i say i " thought" , i said i "never thought"..Infact i like mythology based movies .. I regularly search for "egyptian, norse, greek,mesopotamian, Indian, japanese Chinese, etc etc.. Its very interesting to learn about other ones.

Unlike some people i dont watch/read/see it with suspicion but with curiosity and interest.

Hinduism is thousands of years old then why it became so weak that you have felt the need to feed small kids of 4 years with Hindu cartoons???????

If it was week, we could have seen same effect as of other old religions. I think you want to prove that A small child will ask certain question to his parents, which his parents would not able to answer.

Moreover, its not about weak or strong, its about tolerance or not. If you can't tolerate hindu cartoons, how can you tolerate hindus itself.

Religion is not merely a 'tool'. It is a way of life, provided that the religion is complete and established. People merely need good education of it.

What betterment you get watching a cricket match , all these years or what betterment you get watching Scooby doo or Mickey mouse...

Nothing.. its not a studyclass cartoons we are talking about here.

Look Jana this thread is about Pakistan banning the cartoons and not about why the cartoons are made.Basically you have no right to question as to why the cartoons are being made.They are made for kids who love watching them and that's it.They are not made to promote Hinduism or anything. I am sorry to say this but your posts are really stupid.You just want to bash Hinduism even if it means posting total crap, and this time you have found another reason i.e cartoons.

And by the way no religion becomes stronger or weak.

I think Jana is entitled to her opinion as she is saying that making Hinduism look good and presenting it to children. I think the world has done enough Islam bashing... we don't need to watch your cartoons on top of that. The teachings of Hinduism against Muslim values and Islam. I am sorry, but banning the cartoons was the right move.

What betterment you get watching a cricket match , all these years or what betterment you get watching Scooby doo or Mickey mouse...

Nothing.. its not a studyclass cartoons we are talking about here.

But does Scooby Doo and Mickey Mouse affect the child's mindset on the beliefs he will grow up to adopt?

A religion which changes because its followers want it to change is not authentic. Does or does not Hinduism order the burning of widows? Of course, this was a completely barbaric act so it was adapted so that widows are only just cast out and treated as animals for life.

Many criticize Islam as being too rigid without knowing about it. Yusuf Estes was a catholic preacher who converted to Islam (he now gives talks- his conversion story is interesting and funny) and he said that he was very amazed that how much devotion people can give by praying 5 times a day. It is not rigid, it is devotion.

Also, in terms of rigidness, I think this was only coined because western critics of Islam felt that because Islam demands devotion to God, it must be rigid. I don't agree with this!

there are no widow burning in hindu families now .

but there are multi wives in islam ?????

islam is rigid because its preaching which were meant for thousands years ago are still forced to be practiced. reasoning is void now.

the talibani islam is unacceptable , islam is good when you see it changing with new time mirror.

But does Scooby Doo and Mickey Mouse affect the child's mindset on the beliefs he will grow up to adopt?

I dont know, you say ... It didnt have any effect on me and i never chased cats and mouse .

Did i say i " thought" , i said i "never thought"..Infact i like mythology based movies .. I regularly search for "egyptian, norse, greek,mesopotamian, Indian, japanese Chinese, etc etc.. Its very interesting to learn about other ones.

Unlike some people i dont watch/read/see it with suspicion but with curiosity and interest.

As far as learning about mythology, it would be better off studying it but hey, you can watch entertainment movies about it if you wish.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I dont know, you say ... It didnt have any effect on me and i never chased cats and mouse .

Exactly!

This is why religious cartoons are different to your average tom and jerry chase.

there are no widow burning in hindu families now .

but there are multi wives in islam ?????

islam is rigid because its preaching which were meant for thousands years ago are still forced to be practiced. reasoning is void now.

Dude lets not bring too much religion and practises into this discussion.

Lets just focus on cartoons and kids for the time being.

who define good ???? your or those mullah ?

let people choose - make them free, give them choice to choose if they wanna drink or not if they wanna pray 5 times or not. if they still do great. if they dont still good.

choota bheem is about how evil can be triumphed , how lies takes you nowhere. its more about daily stuff teaching kids not to lie, not steal not be a bad human. its not about --------pray a monkey and you will be blessed.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom