What's new

Have we forsaken Iraq?

C130

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
do the means not justify the ends of protecting Iraq?? does IS actually benefit the U.S by carving a path of destruction through the Middle East??

I think we profited mightily with the Iraq war/ well not the majority ofus but the military industrial complex,construction companies, oil conglomerates etc etc did.....but it was China is one that gained the most or will, and has the most to lose if Iraq falls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/03/w...-reaps-biggest-benefits-of-iraq-oil-boom.html

and you have OPEC trying to destroy our oil shale revolution. so you can imagine how high oil will go if Iraq falls then Syria,Kuwait,Algeria etc etc.....

OPEC says that its war with shale is far from won - Quartz

so who is going to step up and stop IS?? cause we sure aren't.

20111228132834721734_20.png

crude_oil_exports.png

lol China has most to lose? We just have some investments and oil there. The money is not an issue and the oil can be replaced.

I'm not going to go the old you messed it up, so you fix it. I will say US interests is everywhere, not to mention there is an Israel, ISIS terrorists also hate you more than us.

The US will eventually step in. You will step in for the same reason you think you can beat us(you won't, but not the topic) you got too many allies and insignificant interests, not to mention useless pride which never helps.

The only question is when, probably some time after the next president comes on line, unless it can be handled by the current Iraqi government, be better for everyone if they could.

lol China has most to lose? We just have some investments and oil there. The money is not an issue and the oil can be replaced.

I'm not going to go the old you messed it up, so you fix it. I will say US interests is everywhere, not to mention there is an Israel, ISIS terrorists also hate you more than us.

The US will eventually step in. You will step in for the same reason you think you can beat us(you won't, but not the topic) you got too many allies and insignificant interests, not to mention useless pride which never helps.

The only question is when, probably some time after the next president comes on line, unless it can be handled by the current Iraqi government, be better for everyone if they could.

you got tens of billions tied up in Iraq.

oil can't be replaced easily

Iraq Crisis Threatens Chinese Oil Investments - Businessweek

Iraq, which pumps around 3 million barrels of crude a day, had been expected to reach 8 million barrels by 2035, according to the Paris-based International Energy Agency. By then, it was expected, 80 percent of Iraqi production would go to China. “Baghdad to Beijing is the new Silk Road of the global oil trade—oil from Baghdad and capital investment from Beijing,” Fatih Birol, chief economist at the IEA

We might. Never say never. But the govt is going to need public support (one of the tragic flaws of democracy :-)). That support doesn't exist. We've been there. We know these people. We know that even if we destroy ISIS, these people are still not capable of rising above their petty differences and running a state. We got rid of Saddam. Look what they done with that opportunity. Why would we spend more blood and treasure on this region? You know Obama actually tried to get us into Syria. He didn't find too many takers. Regarding not being able to beat China, :rofl:. But that's a topic for another day.

do the means not justify the ends of protecting Iraq?? does IS actually benefit the U.S by carving a path of destruction through the Middle East??

I think we profited mightily with the Iraq war/ well not the majority ofus but the military industrial complex,construction companies, oil conglomerates etc etc did.....but it was China is one that gained the most or will, and has the most to lose if Iraq falls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/03/w...-reaps-biggest-benefits-of-iraq-oil-boom.html

and you have OPEC trying to destroy our oil shale revolution. so you can imagine how high oil will go if Iraq falls then Syria,Kuwait,Algeria etc etc.....

OPEC says that its war with shale is far from won - Quartz

so who is going to step up and stop IS?? cause we sure aren't.

20111228132834721734_20.png

crude_oil_exports.png
You do realise you're the ones who f****d It up In the first place

you got tens of billions tied up in Iraq.

oil can't be replaced easily

Iraq Crisis Threatens Chinese Oil Investments - Businessweek

Iraq, which pumps around 3 million barrels of crude a day, had been expected to reach 8 million barrels by 2035, according to the Paris-based International Energy Agency. By then, it was expected, 80 percent of Iraqi production would go to China. “Baghdad to Beijing is the new Silk Road of the global oil trade—oil from Baghdad and capital investment from Beijing,” Fatih Birol, chief economist at the IEA

Yeah these are facts, China can US can continue to hate each other to death but when it comes to Iraq, pragmatism shall rule.

@Genesis :

Hey bro I know Chinese taxpayers didn't spend a buck on the war, no Chinese got killed in the war, why should China get involved now right? But it's also a cruel hard fact that China does have vested interests in Iraq, massive indeed, and sadly some even intertwined with those of US.

My suggestion? It's a mess created by US, they should clear it up, don't forget they have vested interests as well. However China can't stay out completely, situation is going against Chinese interests. As I said in the other thread, China should "backup" as long as US take the lead, best in name of UN. A more pragmatic reason is that US know the regional geopolitics and cultural sensitivity there, China never wants enemies from Arabic World (well maybe if Chinese ally Pakistani are also involved then it would help on the sensitivity issue, they are instrumental in similarly sensitive Afghanistan agenda).

Last edited:
That's 'cause they don't know how to run a state. How is that our fault?
That's 'cause they don't know how to run a state. How is that our fault?

That's cause their your planted puppets giving you a steady oil supply. You did'nt leave a single sane Iraqi In that country. Turned them into a backward state with the so weapons of mass destruction crap by bush.
Deny it as much as you want. Overall F**** up is America's at the end.

That's cause their your planted puppets giving you a steady oil supply. You did'nt leave a single sane Iraqi In that country. Turned them into a backward state with the so weapons of mass destruction crap by bush.
Deny it as much as you want. Overall F**** up is America's at the end.
true. we backed the wrong side and planted the wrong puppets. we should of backed Al-Qaeda :butcher: Iraqis and Afghanis don't want democracy they want to be ruled through fear.

true. we bain asked the wrong side and planted the wrong puppets. we should of backed Al-Qaeda :butcher: Iraqis and Afghanis don't want democracy they want to be ruled through fear.
Yes but than again Afghans Gang b***** you for 13 years In Afghanistan.

Yes but than again Afghans Gang b***** you for 13 years In Afghanistan.

really pretty sure we killed alot of afghan tali. it pretty much was baby sitting an entire country. we leave and you see how the cockroaches scurry out their kalats and come flooding in from northern Africa and Saudi Arabian.

if we came back which we won't even though you all are practically begging us too, the cockroaches would go back into hiding.

I say let IS and Al-Qaeda have the region. they are willing to fight and die for that cause. I don't like'em or their ideology but we aren't going to fight and die for cowards.

Back
Top Bottom