What's new

America bombs, China builds! China builds 1,000 schools in Iraq

You haven't thought much. Only God gives human rights. You may give me human rights, but tomorrow you or others could take it away. Universal Declaration of Rights is compatible with the Quran. Such stuff is developed by a God given trait innate to humans. Among millions of species only human beings (of our species) have it.
Atheism, however, is a rejection of God and such stuff cannot be produced by atheism as there is no objective right and wrong under atheism.
Atheism is not a rejection of God. Atheism is lack of belief that gods exist.
An atheist will not claim that gods does not exist, they simply want to be shown evidence for a specific god.

Noone can take away rights, but anyone can violate your rights.
The UN declaration of Human Rights and Customary Law have definition of rights and they do not depend on religion. They are also not given by any god.

Atheism is not a rejection of God. Atheism is lack of belief that gods exist.
An atheist will not claim that gods does not exist, they simply want to be shown evidence for a specific god.
Sounds like you are defining Agnostic. Doesn't matter. Atheist or Agnostic, they reject or dilute God by casting doubt.
Noone can take away rights, but anyone can violate your rights.
The UN declaration of Human Rights and Customary Law have definition of rights and they do not depend on religion. They are also not given by any god.
No one can take away our rights because it is God-given and universal, true at all times and places. You have missed this point. Without God, there would be no such thing as declaration of human rights.

God gives rights, humans enforce them, or can violate them. United Nations only spelled out the rights in a document. There is no guarantee United Nations will exist. There is no guarantee any government will exist. If we are under a government, society, or individuals who want to violate human rights, and we are not the right race, ethnicity, or religion, then we are in trouble.

Without God, in an atheistic world, there is no reason why humans couldn't behave like predatory animals, i.e. survival of the fittest. We are a unique species among the millions (because of God-given moral consciousness). So, the word God has a practical purpose which anchors us in morality.

Without God, in an atheistic world, there is no reason why humans couldn't behave like predatory animals, i.e. survival of the fittest.
Boring religious trope with no evidence.

Compare the behaviour of humans in the "atheistic" Nordic countries vs some Islamic countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan.

As for this thread, it is indeed true that China approaches foreign policy from a fundamentally different framework than the USA and this is great news.

Boring religious trope with no evidence.

Compare the behaviour of humans in the "atheistic" Nordic countries vs some Islamic countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan.

As for this thread, it is indeed true that China approaches foreign policy from a fundamentally different framework than the USA and this is great news.
They were Christianized and have that legacy. Their heathen version used to be wild Viking raiders. You wouldn't want to meet them. Watch the video I posted about Nihilism.

They were Christianized. They have that legacy. Their heathen version used to be wild Viking raiders. You wouldn't want to meet them. Watch the video I posted about Nihilism.
I doubt the Nordic children who are atheist and grow up in atheist families give a shit about Christianity. And yet they manage to populate very well functioning societies without your 'god'.

I doubt the Nordic children who are atheist and grow up in atheist families give a shit about Christianity. And yet they manage to populate very well functioning societies without your 'god'.
Actually all east Asian countries, China, Japan, Korea, Singapore are largely atheist countries, yet East Asia as a whole has very low crime rate and people are relatively more self disciplined.

Sounds like you are defining Agnostic. Doesn't matter. Atheist or Agnostic, they reject or dilute God by casting doubt.

No one can take away our rights because it is God-given and universal, true at all times and places. You have missed this point. Without God, there would be no such thing as declaration of human rights.

God gives rights, humans enforce them, or can violate them. United Nations only spelled out the rights in a document. There is no guarantee United Nations will exist. There is no guarantee any government will exist. If we are under a government, society, or individuals who want to violate human rights, and we are not the right race, ethnicity, or religion, then we are in trouble.

Without God, in an atheistic world, there is no reason why humans couldn't behave like predatory animals, i.e. survival of the fittest. We are a unique species among the millions (because of God-given moral consciousness). So, the word God has a practical purpose which anchors us in morality.
Your opinion is easily disproved by the fact that many atheists still believes that rights exists.

I wouldn't want to live there. They think government knows best, like communism.

Your opinion is easily disproved by the fact that many atheists still believes that rights exists.
There is no moral foundation in atheist philosophy for right and wrong. In the atheist paradigm, we could argue to live like predatory animals and it would be equally valid. It is only under God we talk about equal human rights, whether we explicitly acknowledge it or not.

There is no moral foundation in atheist philosophy for right and wrong. In the atheist paradigm, we could argue to live like predatory animals and it would be equally valid. It is only under God we talk about equal human rights, whether we explicitly acknowledge it or not.
Actually all east Asian countries, China, Japan, Korea, Singapore are largely atheist countries, yet East Asia as a whole has very low crime rate and people are relatively more self disciplined.

You know nothing about East Asian history and philosophy. Confucius philosophy is all about making people and society good.

Last edited:
Indeed, East Asia is another good example that Abrahamic deism is not necessary to have rights or a functioning society.

They were Christianized and have that legacy. Their heathen version used to be wild Viking raiders. You wouldn't want to meet them. Watch the video I posted about Nihilism.
The ”heathens” had laws with well defined punishments, typically you paid a fine or in extreme cases you got banished. Murder was punished with a fine, with the size depending on the importance of the deceased. Death penalties were extremely rare, except for slaves. Slavery was outlawed in Sweden 1355, but people are known to have freed their slaves for at least a century before that.
Viking women were independent and possessed rights. Compared to women elsewhere in the same period, Viking women had more freedom.
Viking raids showed that prisoners of war could expect harsh treatment.

There are plenty of societies that had both laws and rights before exposed to the Abrahamic ”God”. A Roman citizen had clear rights.

cant say much about atheism in general

but here is communism:
1694716067816.jpeg

which is when u worship humans as god

Back
Top Bottom