What's new

Saudi Arabia and Russia plan deep oil cuts in defiance of US

The delusion is high with this one. KSA's oil and gas industry is almost completley self-suffiicent as of 2022. You are 3-4 decades behind.

is this a joke? If you are talking about In-Kingdom Total Value Add (IKTVA) its nothing but smoke and mirror. Western firms import components and assemble the equipment in Saudi and call it 'Made in KSA'. Just look at the contracts ARAMCO has signed in the last two years.

https://www.bakerhughes.com/company...ent-form-chemicals-joint-venture-saudi-arabia

We dont know is a real Saudi Arabia defiance or another trick to impoverish Russia.

Maybe Saudi Arabia reached his peak oil and they can't sustain higher production, or maybe they dont need a large income of money right now and they prefer to get less spending less oil.

But Russia certainly right now needs all the money they could get, and this will damage them.

This is mainly due to the elections coming up in the USA. Oil producers want American democrats out of power. Putin desperately wants Trump or some other republican back in power in 2025.

is this a joke? If you are talking about In-Kingdom Total Value Add (IKTVA) its nothing but smoke and mirror. Western firms import components and assemble the equipment in Saudi and call it 'Made in KSA'. Just look at the contracts ARAMCO has signed in the last two years.

https://www.bakerhughes.com/company...ent-form-chemicals-joint-venture-saudi-arabia

Its a propganda bot every country has one dont give it the attention it needs

Your links prove nothing. Maybe you should read a bit about the petrochemical sector within KSA. The idea of KSA somehow being dependant on the West for its own petrochemical sector is quite laughable and unfunded. KSA's petrochemical sector is one of the biggest in the world and most developed.

Provide evidence of that being the case. Signing partnerships proves nothing. I took a quick look at your first link for instance and half of the deals signed in that link are with domestic Saudi Arabian companies.

Read up on ARAMCO, SABIC and other giant companies that operate in dozens of countries (US included) on 3 continents.

Its a propganda bot every country has one dont give it the attention it needs

Big words from a troll that lives in a failed and impoverished dictatorship and hilariously thinks that Egypt is some kind of superpower and shamefully claims countless of Israeli military spankings as military victories.

We dont know is a real Saudi Arabia defiance or another trick to impoverish Russia.

Maybe Saudi Arabia reached his peak oil and they can't sustain higher production, or maybe they dont need a large income of money right now and they prefer to get less spending less oil.

But Russia certainly right now needs all the money they could get, and this will damage them.

KSA has never cared about what some opportunistic US politicians say in regards to its oil production. We have seen that 100's of times throughout history. As early as the 1970's (oil embargo) and most recently during the short-lived "shale boom" 6-8 years ago when many of the same Western observers were prediction the doom and imminent collapse of KSA. For the billionth time for that matter.

Anyway the real world works a bit differently as this news is also a evidence of.

A Saudi prince to Senator Bernie Sanders You don't know who you threaten with one decision we will destroy your economy..

A few congressmen are always barking against KSA/Arabs a few times each year but the powers that be in the US (deep state) know of the crucial importance of in particular KSA. That is why it always ends up as just hot air and nothing more. This will be similar.

Best example was Biden's own turncoat behavior in regards to KSA.

:lol:

Biden is gone within 2 years anyway.

Big news out today:

The House of Saud have been around longer than the US has existed. They know by now how the poltiical system in the US works but they have also (rightly) seen how unreliable the US can be.

Anyway, the US is always against its partners working with perceived rivals/enemies (China and Russia) we have seen that in regards to European US partners as well on numerous occasions. KSA will remain an important partner for the US and vice versa, unless something truly drastic happens and if that happens, it will mostly be the fault of the Democrats in power. In any way, KSA is going nowhere but advancing on all fronts.

Last edited:
Provide evidence of that being the case. Signing partnerships proves nothing. I took a quick look at your first link for instance and half of the deals signed in that link are with domestic Saudi Arabian companies.

you are wasting my time I have better things to do then cure you of your ignorance.
Unless you think GE, Siemens, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes and Weatherford are domestic Saudi companies.

@LeGenD @waz this member is abusing the ha..ha reaction feature.

California bans the sale of new gas-powered cars by 2035​

There is nearly not enough lithium in the world to replace even a sizeable chunk of ICE cars with battery powered cars and then there is a huge issue of recycling those same batteries...ICE cars are not getting phased out anytime soon. Trucking and Cargo/Freight trains will continue to rely on Diesel for the foreseeable future/.

Furthermore, Oil usage goes far beyond just cars, there are no viable replacement for it in shipping, aviation, heavy machinery, Industry, Plants/factories and heating anytime soon...

It won't be before 2050 at least that OPEC would have to start worrying about obsolescence of oil.

Last edited:
you are wasting my time I have better things to do then cure you of your ignorance.
Unless you think GE, Siemens, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes and Weatherford are domestic Saudi companies.

@LeGenD @waz this member is abusing the ha..ha reaction feature.

I laugh at your ignorance. You think that partnerships equal complete reliance? You have yet to provide any form of evidence that shows that Saudi Arabia's petrochemical sector is completely reliant on the West.

You are clueless about the indigenous petrochemical sector in KSA and no amount of articles of signed MoM or deals are going to change that fact.

Some more ground realities:

Opinion: Saudi Arabia and the UAE aren’t vassal states of the US​

Editor’s Note: Jason D. Greenblatt served as White House Middle East envoy in the Trump administration. He is the host of “The Diplomat” podcast on Newsweek and author of the new book “In the Path of Abraham.” Follow him @GreenblattJD. The views expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion at CNN.

CNN — After being offline for 25 hours observing Yom Kippur, I opened my phone, and the news reports flooded in. The most compelling story was OPEC+’s decision to reduce oil production significantly, which understandably caused much consternation in Washington.

As a result, some Democratic lawmakers are agitating to pull all US troops out of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, claiming the decision is “a hostile act against the United States and a clear signal that they have chosen to side with Russia in its war against Ukraine,” this “despite President (Joe) Biden’s overtures to both countries in recent months.”

I think what is happening to Ukraine is atrocious. I also don’t like paying higher gasoline prices any more than the next person, especially in this wild inflation world we are living in. But these lawmakers’ accusation is disingenuous, dishonest and largely political.

While OPEC+’s decision does harm the United States, we cannot ignore the fact that these countries have their own national interests and strategies. Saudi Arabia, the UAE and others have grand, nation-transforming plans that are breathtaking in scope and extraordinarily expensive. We don’t have the right to tell them to set aside their plans and sell us their valuable assets at discounted prices.

Similarly, arguing, as Sen. Dick Durbin has argued, that US foreign policy can be imagined “without (the Saudi) alliance” is unrealistic and harmful to the interests of the US and our allies in the Middle East.

These lawmakers also criticize Saudi Arabia and the UAE for making their decisions despite Biden’s overtures to them. That’s a distorted view. If we take the case of Saudi Arabia, recall that as a candidate, Biden said that we needed to recalibrate the US-Saudi relationship, that he would not sell more weapons to the Saudis, vowed to make Saudi Arabia a “pariah,” and said “there is little socially redeeming value” in the kingdom’s present government.

Once in office, Biden did not take threats against Saudi Arabia (or the UAE) seriously; he mostly paid lip service to such attacks.

No overtures would have been needed if Biden had handled the relationship with the kingdom differently from the start. Instead, after he tried to kick the kingdom and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to the curb, then feebly tried to mend fences with a brief trip and a fist bump, these critics are disappointed that the President’s brief visit to the kingdom did not yield the desired results.

Biden was disappointed in OPEC+’s decision “while the global economy is dealing with the continued negative impact of (Russian President Vladimir) Putin’s invasion of Ukraine,” according to a statement from national security adviser Jake Sullivan and Brian Deese, director of the White House National Economic Council.

Let’s consider that Saudi Arabia, the UAE and others could turn the tables on that statement in a hot second. Undoubtedly the kingdom, the UAE and others are disappointed, or more likely, furious, with Biden’s relentless attempts to sign a weak, shorter and incredibly dangerous deal with Iran.

Biden at least tempered his public comments, in sharp contrast to what some of his fellow Democrats are calling for with their incredibly alarming idea of removing all US forces and military equipment from the kingdom and the UAE. Doing so would result in even more instability in the Middle East and would undoubtedly backfire on the United States.

While it’s true these monarchies should (and I believe do) appreciate all the US does to help them, our relationship with these countries is a two-way street. The US significantly benefits from our forces and equipment being there. If we didn’t, the personnel and equipment wouldn’t be there. Let’s not pretend we put the interests of other nations ahead of our own. Similarly, we should not make demands of other nations to put our interests ahead of theirs.

Biden also said that “we are looking at alternatives’’ to oil from OPEC+ countries. That’s fair, as long as it does not involve cutting deals with or easing sanctions on thuggish, brutal regimes such as Iran or Venezuela. Instead, he should focus on once again increasing energy production back home.

How many times do we need to learn the same lesson? Look no further than Europe to see what could happen to us. It is going to be a cold and expensive European winter. And let’s stop hypocritically calling for clean energy while at the same demanding that energy-producing countries ramp up production. This charade doesn’t help make our planet cleaner. The world is just not yet ready to wean ourselves off fossil fuels.

It’s time for us to recognize that Saudi Arabia, the UAE and others in that region are powerful, on the move and not vassal states of the United States. It’s also time for us to recognize the world is run by reality and practicality, hopefully working alongside of noble goals. We can still be a great nation and make the world a better place while living with these truths.

There nearly not enough lithium in the world to replace even a sizeable chunk of ICE cars with battery powered cars and then there is a huge issue of recycling those same batteries...ICE cars are not getting phased out anytime soon. Trucking and Cargo/Freight trains will continue to rely on Diesel for the foreseeable future/.

Furthermore, Oil usage goes far beyond just cars, there are no viable replacement for it in shipping, aviation, heavy machinery, Industry, Plants/factories and heating anytime soon...

It won't be before 2050 at least that OPEC would have to start worrying about obsolescence of oil.

You are talking to kids.

Last edited:
I laugh at your ignorance. You think that partnerships equal complete reliance? You have yet to provide any form of evidence that shows that Saudi Arabia's petrochemical sector is completely reliant on the West.

You are clueless about the indigenous petrochemical sector in KSA and no amount of articles of signed MoM or deals are going to change that fact.

You apparently can't read and comprehend English. From the first link I posted earlier..

The $15bn worth of agreements will include $7bn worth of GE technology and products, across numerous sectors, including oil and gas, power and healthcare. The agreements cover schemes with the Saudi Ministry of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources, state oil company Saudi Aramco, local mining company Maaden and Dussur (formerly the Saudi Arabian Industrial Investments Company).

I see you're still hurt from our previous conversation. Please talk with sources and some logic with no empty text walls instead. @Khan2727

You apparently can't read and comprehend English. From the first link I posted earlier..

The $15bn worth of agreements will include $7bn worth of GE technology and products, across numerous sectors, including oil and gas, power and healthcare. The agreements cover schemes with the Saudi Ministry of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources, state oil company Saudi Aramco, local mining company Maaden and Dussur (formerly the Saudi Arabian Industrial Investments Company).

Which part of "posting random articles of MoM and cooperation deals is not going to prove your initial statement", do you not understand? You made an initial bombastic claim, without providing any evidence of that, and here several posts later you continue doing it.

Just admit that you are completely clueless about the Saudi Arabian petrochemical sector, ARAMCO, SABIC etc.

ARAMCO and SABIC are petrochemical and chemical GIANTS on a global scale, they will obviously cooperate and sign deals with all main players in their field whether from the West or East.

However the idea of them being completely reliant on the West, as was the case ages ago, is utter nonsense today (2022).

I see you're still hurt from our previous conversation. Please talk with sources and some logic with no empty text walls instead. @Khan2727

You seem to be the one that is hurt judging from your comments. You changed your disc quickly from a pan-Arab rhetoric nonstop to swallowing the Iranian Mullah propaganda blindly in regards to their rhetoric towards Arab states. Whatever, this is just a forum, I don't care. Nor do I have any problems with Egypt or Egyptians but for some inexplicable reason, you as an Arab, seem to have a problem with KSA, UAE and other Arabs. Your problem, not mine.

You seem to be the one that is hurt judging from your comments. You changed your disc quickly from a pan-Arab rhetoric nonstop to drinking the Iranian Mullah kool aid.
Guess proving you wrong in an argument makes me a mullah. Otherwise i wont repeat the same mistake of wasting my time with you so this conversation is over

Which part of "posting random articles of MoM and cooperation deals is not going to prove your initial statement", do you not understand? You made an initial bombastic claim, without providing any evidence of that, and here several posts later you continue doing it.

Random articles? I posted links of Saudi ARAMCO signing tens of billions of dollars worth of deals in the last two years with Upstream western O&G technology and service providers. I haven't even talked about mid-stream and downstream operations. Everything from wireline, slick line,coiled tubing, logging tools, power drives, directional drilling, drives, drilling fluids to ESP's to rigs and the list goes on and on and on relies on technology providers from outside Saudi. Sure Saudi likes to import parts and assemble equipment locally and stick a 'Made in KSA' sticker on this equipment. But that doesn't make the technology indigenous. Everyone is happy to play along as long as Saudi pays a premium for the pleasure of calling this technology 'local'.

More unfounded nonsense and zero evidence of your false and bombastic initial claim.

The real world is a bit different.

Saudi Arabia ranks first in Arab world for scientific research​

KSA ranks first in the Arab world and 30 globally on the Nature Index for quality of scientific research​

The rise of Saudi Arabia as a science powerhouse​

Published online 30 May 2016

KSA has the highest percentage of scientific journals in the chemistry (chemical engineering) per capita in the top 15 worldwide.

However you are free to believe that Saudi Arabia has no domestic petrochemical sector while the country has one of the largest petrochemical sectors in the world with domestic giants such as ARAMCO and SABIC.

The ignorance is staggering but this is not surprising. A former US ambassador to KSA already wrote that to Hillary Clinton over 10 years ago.

1665437504643.png

Last edited:
They took out Shah Faisal for going against them, I'd say KSA has to be on Alert cause who ever piss off America suddenly Democracy lovers show up, Al-Qaeda show up, Human right violation reports start showing up etc. For them its always be our slaves and do what you told and we will keep looking the other way, dare go against us and we will make sure that we ruin your country, Its high time Iran and KSA settle their difference and work together, not against anyone but for the betterment of their own people.

Back
Top Bottom