What's new

Eid Milad Un Nabi (S.A. W) Mubarak

Considering the amount of normal reverence one sees in Turkey it is likely so.
Saudi Arabia is also wrongly labelled as some overly mawhid society as during this time(and even otherwise) every other person is reciting durood and salam and this was a personal experience seeing Saudi men recite an arabic naat and say salaam.

The more extreme variety of the green turbans from Pakistan however caused a lot of issue when they started their own prayers in the Kaaba and in Medina and went overboard.
Would you agree that this celebration has elevated over the preceding 50 years?

What is the situation with rest of the ummah? Does Turkey, Saudia Arabia, Algeria, Iraq etc celebrate?

@KediKesenFare @Ceylal @HannibalBarca

Arab people don’t really celebrate and even Turkish people don’t celebrate it.
Religious celebration mainly celebrated in South Asia

Mubarak to you as well, Bhai.

All muslims should be happy for the birth of our beloved.

Not just a special human being...we get those everyday. There is no limit how much we can praise him except not the way Christians praised their prophet.

He is the best of all creation. Peace and blessings be upon him.

Last edited:
Would you agree that this celebration has elevated over the preceding 50 years?
I don’t think it has elevated as much as been helped along by the advent of communication medium.

Previously the celebration was always “local” to a city or town depending upon their religious leadership and collective family values. After all, Lata Mangeshkar sang a naat for a movie over 58 years ago so the practice existed. But as media grew, so did the greater exposure of it.

On the other hand, records exist of this being an auspicious day in the Umayyad dynasty and for the Ottomans and even the safvids.

Where it’s gotten a little too “interpretive” is with the recent media storm and the practice of naat being a measure of fame and even earning sadly; but then all religions have such monetary and image hungry types, and despite heated and many a times excommunicating debates among muslims on the subject, it isn’t the most dangerous one in terms of a community.

Arab people don’t really celebrate and even Turkish people don’t celebrate it.
Religious celebration mainly celebrated in South Asia
Au contrare, Ive seen it done in Saudi Arabia; just not done to the extreme level in South Asia which has a cultural twist to it.

Au contrare, Ive seen it done in Saudi Arabia; just not done to the extreme level in South Asia which has a cultural twist to it.
Everything is in excess in South Asia :unsure:

Arab people don’t really celebrate and even Turkish people don’t celebrate it. Religious celebration mainly celebrated in South Asia
Yes, I am aware of that. Even in South Asia this is rather recent and smacks of "Islam made in India". But I will leave that for another day as it will open can of worms ...

Extremist in everything to the core.. I mean what kind of people invite a stroke by adding butter and shrimp to an already cholesterol loaded Nehari?
lol

Happy eid millad un Nabvi to all of you
Extremist in everything to the core.. I mean what kind of people invite a stroke by adding butter and shrimp to an already cholesterol loaded Nehari?
:cheers:

In South Asia, it’s a like a proper celebration day. One of my best friend is Arab and most of the time, she doesn’t even know if there’s a special religious day. Even though, she belongs to practicing Muslim family.

This is the 1st "Islamic song" I heard in my life:

As a event it always existed but for sure it has become more conspicious over the decades.
It has...Very much.....but it has also reduced in other aspects...At least molvis dont get hold of the masjid's mic all night as they used to!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom