What's new

Divorce rates around the world

I agree with what @hussain0216 said about family system in Islam.

If your a non Muslim male then there is no point in getting married. Because the law and society will screw you.

If you are a Muslim male then you can get married to a woman, put her in a burqa, lock her up in the house, smack her if she misbehaves and get another wife if you get bored of her. Islam protects the rights of men. It knows men are superior to women.
Even a critic like me has to commend this religion for this very fact.
Muslim women can divorce her own husband and stated in Quran.

Muslim majority countries have good fertility rates meaning the women who wants to get married are many. Muslim women will see the way her father threat their mother. Traumatize girl with abusive father tend to avoid marriage thus become one of the reasons of low fertility rate in many non Muslim countries.

And dont forget most Muslim women have their brothers too. Abusing Muslim women during marriage will be dangerous for the husband as Muslim usually have strong family bond.

In Indonesia, punching/ hurting our own wife will make the husband go to prison

You have to follow the correct formula. The way they calculate this is take the number of marriages in a year, say 2022, and divide by the number of divorces in 2022.

If the population is growing then there were far fewer marriages in let’s say 1980 who are getting divorced. There are a lots more young people getting married now. So it seems like the divorce rate is low.

The question is how many people getting married today will get divorced? The rate will be a lot higher. See the following:

Muslim women can divorce her own husband and stated in Quran.

Muslim majority countries have good fertility rates meaning the women who wants to get married are many. Muslim women will see the way her father threat their mother. Traumatize girl with abusive father tend to avoid marriage thus become one of the reasons of low fertility rate in many non Muslim countries.

And dont forget most Muslim women have their brothers too. Abusing Muslim women during marriage will be dangerous for the husband as Muslim usually have strong family bond.

In Indonesia, punching/ hurting our own wife will make the husband go to prison

Women should have rights and opportunities just like men in any society. But "coddling" of women needs to stop at all levels.

Islam has given rights to women but Islam has not told men to "coddle" women. Both men and women are found to be abusive and exploiters. But Feminists want you to assume that men are at fault in everything.

Islam places very high value on respecting the husband in his household unless he is being totally unreasonable.

In my case, I would never allow anybody to disrespect me in my familial matters. You are fair game otherwise.

Women should have rights and opportunities just like men in any society. But "coddling" of women needs to stop at all levels.

Islam has given rights to women but Islam has not told men to "coddle" women. Islam places very high value on respecting the husband unless he is being totally unreasonable.

Both men and women are found to be abusive and exploiters.
In Indonesia, the hadith saying that heaven is in mother feet and prophet Muhammad saying mother, mother, mother and then father as the priority of the son/ daughter give the women is pretty respected here.

Prophet Muhammad also never hurt his wifes become the other example.

I think "womens rights" have gone so far that "mens rights" have been practically forgotten about....especially in the west. We are at a point now where men are so cucked by their woman in the West that their roles have practically flipped. And as a result you have unhappy women and unhappy men. It explains the higher divorce rates in countries which promote feminism.

You have to follow the correct formula. The way they calculate this is take the number of marriages in a year, say 2022, and divide by the number of divorces in 2022.

If the population is growing then there were far fewer marriages in let’s say 1980 who are getting divorced. There are a lots more young people getting married now. So it seems like the divorce rate is low.

The question is how many people getting married today will get divorced? The rate will be a lot higher. See the following:

exponentially higher among the urban kinda well to do population (who are a minority overall)

among the rural/more conservative on average folk its much rarer and maybe only when its too abusive or something.

young working couples divorce because ego clashes and so on too, its just not very shocking or taboo to hear of people calling its splits these days.

There aren’t any statistics for Pakistan on any website. So I asked ChatGPT. It says that the divorce rate for 2019 is 0.4.8 per 1,000 population. The marriage rate is 6.7 per 1,000 population.

That gives us a divorce rate of 7.2% for Pakistan using the same formula as above.

Last edited:
Women rights have taken preference over men rights. Atleast in Pakistan, the laws and practical decisions by courts for divorce are mainly pro women. So much so that custody of children by men is extremely difficult if not near to impossible. Men are penalised, charged and even taken in custody if they miss 2 monthly payments whereas kids can be allowed to not meet father of different excuses and the former inlaws can get away with it. That is the unfortunate reality.

Divorce rates in Pakistan are increasing exponentially. The reasons behind are the deteriorating family culture, social changes, focus on education and career with little effort to establish and manage a house, the negative messages portrayed by social and electronic media, the judicial system and laws and also by the overall attitude of intolerance and impatience.
The above apply also on a global basis but some are toxically related to Pakistan.

In Indonesia, the hadith saying that heaven is in mother feet and prophet Muhammad saying mother, mother, mother and then father as the priority of the son/ daughter give the women is pretty respected here.

Prophet Muhammad also never hurt his wifes become the other example.

Man is supposed to provide for his wife and household
Wife is supposed to be faithful and obedient to her husband

"Men are the caretakers of women, as men have been provisioned by Allah over women and tasked with supporting them financially. And righteous women are devoutly obedient and, when alone, protective of what Allah has entrusted them with.1 And if you sense ill-conduct from your women, advise them ˹first˺, ˹if they persist,˺ do not share their beds, ˹but if they still persist,˺ then discipline them ˹gently˺.2 But if they change their ways, do not be unjust to them. Surely Allah is Most High, All-Great." - Holy Quran (4: 34)

Allah Almighty have not told men to SIMP for women.
Holy Prophet (PBUH) have not told men to SIMP for women either.

But men in modern times have forgotten that they are MEN to begin with.

No wonder societies have started to fall apart.

I agree with what @hussain0216 said about family system in Islam.

If your a non Muslim male then there is no point in getting married. Because the law and society will screw you.

If you are a Muslim male then you can get married to a woman, put her in a burqa, lock her up in the house, smack her if she misbehaves and get another wife if you get bored of her. Islam protects the rights of men. It knows men are superior to women.
Even a critic like me has to commend this religion for this very fact.

I think Islam is the only (mainstream) religion that gives women the right to divorce their husbands. Hinduism is the worst in this respect, not only there is no right to divorce and remarry, but if the husband's dead the woman is literally burnt alive -- thank God Muslims and British partly civilized you..

The statistic saying China divorce rate at 40 % is pretty amusing. I still dont buy twitter saying unleast there is reference data from credible source like UN, OECD, WHO and others..

@beijingwalker

Man is supposed to provide for his wife and household
Wife is supposed to be faithful and obedient to her husband

"Men are the caretakers of women, as men have been provisioned by Allah over women and tasked with supporting them financially. And righteous women are devoutly obedient and, when alone, protective of what Allah has entrusted them with.1 And if you sense ill-conduct from your women, advise them ˹first˺, ˹if they persist,˺ do not share their beds, ˹but if they still persist,˺ then discipline them ˹gently˺.2 But if they change their ways, do not be unjust to them. Surely Allah is Most High, All-Great." - Holy Quran (4: 34)

Allah Almighty have not told men to SIMP for women.
Holy Prophet (PBUH) have not told men to SIMP for women either.

But men in modern times have forgotten that they are MEN to begin with.

No wonder societies have started to fall apart.
The best Muslim is the one that is best treat their women. That is strong hadith.

Stronger men should not use violence to weak women. Prophet Muhammad is the best example for that as he understand whole Quran.

I had an argumen with my sister year ago and she basically attack me. I dont fight her and that is the best thing to do. Women sometime emotional, but still women cannot be compared to strong men.

Both men and women can leave their marriage base on Islamic law.

The statistic saying China divorce rate at 40 % is pretty amusing. I still dont buy twitter saying unleast there is reference data from credible source like UN, OECD, WHO and others..

@beijingwalker

ChatGPT is your friend. According to the figures generated by it the divorce rate in China is 46%.

The marriage and divorce rates in China have both been increasing over the years. According to official statistics from the Chinese government, the crude marriage rate in China has been declining slightly since 2013, but it is still relatively high compared to other countries, with 7.3 marriages per 1,000 people in 2020. However, the divorce rate in China has been steadily increasing since 2003, with the rate reaching a peak of 3.36 per 1,000 people in 2019.

7.3/3.36 = 46%

@beijingwalker
I m not very sure about it, I feel like in Beijing the divorce rate for young couples could be like 20% maximum, people change boyfriends and girl friends pretty often but once married, most would settle down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom