What's new

Featured COAS meets retired, serving senior military officers to discuss regional security

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
COAS meets retired, serving senior military officers to discuss regional security

LAHORE: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa met retired and senior serving military officers and took their opinion on the security situation of the region, said the Inter Services Public Relations on Tuesday.

The meeting held at the Corps Headquarters Lahore was attended by General (r) Jehangir Karamat, General (r) Ahsan Saleem Hyat, General (r) Tariq Majid, General (r) Rashad Mahmood and General (r) Raheel Sharif.

"COAS had an interactive session on wide ranging issues including professional matters, security situation in the region, measures to optimise dividends of peace and stability and also the challenges and opportunities," said the ISPR.

The military's media wing said that the participants shared multifarious suggestions and also thanked the army chief for the candid discussion.

Earlier on arrival, COAS was received by Commander Lahore Corps Lieutenant General Majid Ehsan.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/6...-retired-and-serving-senior-military-officers

General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) visited Lahore and met with senior serving /retired military officers at Corps Headquarters Lahore.
COAS had an interactive session on wide ranging issues including professional matters, security situation in the region, measures to optimise dividends of peace and stability and also the challenges and opportunities. At the end the participants shared multifarious suggestions and thanked COAS for the candid discussion.
General Jehangir Karamat (Retired), General Ahsan Saleem Hyat (Retired), General Tariq Majid (Retired), General Rashad Mahmood (Retired) and General Raheel Sharif (Retired) were also present during the interaction.
Earlier on arrival, COAS was received by Lieutenant General Majid Ehsan, Commander Lahore Corps.

It's General Raheel Sharif (Rtd) the person retires the rank doesn't. Nitpick but people, PUH-LEASE! :D

But then how would one know what degree of sycophancy to display if the rank is not described as retired? :D

We get scolded for this mistake :D it's just something people outside of service never seem to appreciate. The actions of the man behind the rank speak not the rank. I have seen Major Generals get up to greet their seniors who were superseded.
But then how would one know what degree of sycophancy to display if the rank is not described as retired? :D

We get scolded for this mistake :D it's just something people outside of service never seem to appreciate. The actions of the man behind the rank speak not the rank. I have seen Major Generals get up to greet their seniors who were superseded.

The military has its own ways, to be sure. Where else would a "passing out" parade be possible? :D

Sir is a man of action :D I'm sure he's doing something for his beautiful nation
In a program Dr Shahid disclosed some hints How Sir Raheel has been working here in Saudia.
I wish him luck. People like him are the reason i sleep tight every night

Are these types of meetings... usual?

I mean serving Army Chief discussing matters with retired high ranking Generals?

Sir is a man of action :D I'm sure he's doing something for his beautiful nation

Like serving the backward and genocidal House of Saud? Please. I admire his contributions while in service but I refuse to engage in blind personality worship.

Are these types of meetings... usual?

I mean serving Army Chief discussing matters with retired high ranking Generals?

Probably more of a courtesy call since he was visiting Lahore.

In my opinion, 4-stars who take extensions should be shunned by all respectable / self-respecting retired generals (if not overruled by presently serving Corps Commanders.) If you care about the institution and the country, this extension drama should never be supported inside and outside the army.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom