What's new

Featured COAS meets retired, serving senior military officers to discuss regional security

Are these types of meetings... usual?

I mean serving Army Chief discussing matters with retired high ranking Generals?

Many countries often have a council of retired Army Officers "Think Tanks" attached to GHQs to provide guidance and new information and help officers over come short comings suffered in the past.

*** Something Is Up or Cooking ***

Insh'Allah good.

Last edited:
COAS meets retired, serving senior military officers to discuss regional security

LAHORE: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa met retired and senior serving military officers and took their opinion on the security situation of the region, said the Inter Services Public Relations on Tuesday.

The meeting held at the Corps Headquarters Lahore was attended by General (r) Jehangir Karamat, General (r) Ahsan Saleem Hyat, General (r) Tariq Majid, General (r) Rashad Mahmood and General (r) Raheel Sharif.

"COAS had an interactive session on wide ranging issues including professional matters, security situation in the region, measures to optimise dividends of peace and stability and also the challenges and opportunities," said the ISPR.

The military's media wing said that the participants shared multifarious suggestions and also thanked the army chief for the candid discussion.

Earlier on arrival, COAS was received by Commander Lahore Corps Lieutenant General Majid Ehsan.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/6...-retired-and-serving-senior-military-officers

All top Generals.

This is unusual. ISPR is releasing a video for this meeting never saw it before. Just my two cents this meeting is to bring everybody on the same page towards the Chinese model,how to deal India threat after new political map, Kashimir and Afghanistan issues, how we should follow in future, how to avoid Pro-Western mindset bureaucracy, and politician will not drag us to uncle sam's club again. What will happen if we are not in the American lobby? We have already suffered a lot from being in the American lobby. So, while being in the American lobby, we experienced a lot, which will happen not in the American lobby. So we should not go to America.

I think we should focus first on our National Interest. China Model Helps us economically without any string attached and time tested friendship. Chinese Model implementation in Africa is a real example and builds our strong trust that is working. Where in the American Model, We got stabbed many times. American lollipops we all tested (one step forward and 2 steps backward on our national cause), too much interference in our internal matters and always double-cross us, we never see US supported us on Kasimir issue in UN and always go with India side. We need to stay put with China and Russia and keep our low-level relations with America and Europe.

Let India experience US friendship. Pakistan already has had damaged itself due to being a US Allie as regards the relationship with China VS West. Pakistan should be careful. Should not put all eggs in one basket at present until CPEC is not completed and it's resulted in fruits not emerges.

If someone still has doubt about American promises. should read this book

The Broken Promises of America: At Home and. Abroad, Past and Present- An Encyclopedia for Our Times,. Vol. 2: G-Z. Authored by Dowd, Douglas F

Last edited:
Isn’t there a rule that such high ranking PK Govt. servants as RS can’t take up foreign posts ?
That too a chief of army !!!????
It is not a good thing for our country.

Isn’t there a rule that such high ranking PK Govt. servants as RS can’t take up foreign posts ?
That too a chief of army !!!????
It is not a good thing for our country.
corect me if I am wrong, the only exception is Gen Aslam Baig who maybe in Pakistan

we mock Noonies for their Iqma but thats nothing compared to what almost all our defense and intelligence chiefs have done.
I will add the list of important ministers and directors of intelligence agencies. I fully agree with you.
its a shame that all our former chiefs are living abroad and some are employed by foreign countries.
there goes the secrecy and national security.
If Gen Bajwa doesn't get another 20 year + extension then rest assured he will be living in West or middle east after retirement.

What purpose does this serve? The retired haven't been war gaming and probably just playing golf every day. Army needs fresh minds, this whole extension thing's novelty is wearing off now.
Retired officers are sometimes recalled for active duty and have an important part to play in internal security matters at time of war. Also retired officer experience is very useful and they have had time to reflect without mission fatigue or distractions.

Back
Top Bottom