What's new

COAS inaugurated Centre of Integrated Air Def Battle Management (CIADBAM) - ISPR .

I think I responded on that earlier. If you need more details let me know. Might be too boring and technical. Basically I would be answering the question on how to erode the efficacy of a centralized operation center. Obviously there is the obvious kinetic op to take this centralized ops center out, which lends additional challenges.
Another way to look at it is within the nuclear weapons paradigm. This will allow decision makers to make decisions based on the best information from available assets. Also with India playing silly buggers along the border with their "Surgical strikes" this will allow leadership to make the correct decisions fast time. In a full scale war I would assume they would have redundancy and secondary positions that they won't have a press conference at.
That’s really not much indication of anything, just the usual buzz-words. Not sure how you picked up PA getting any new AD systems from that.
Radar system?

Another way to look at it is within the nuclear weapons paradigm. This will allow decision makers to make decisions based on the best information from available assets. Also with India playing silly buggers along the border with their "Surgical strikes" this will allow leadership to make the correct decisions fast time. In a full scale war I would assume they would have redundancy and secondary positions that they won't have a press conference at.

Radar system?
@Keysersoze - you would think they do but they don't. Keep also in mind Western militaries spend an inordinate amount of time in establishing stable, secure and redundant comms channels. And with the assistance of a massive sat comms networks they have the basic framework for developing mobile data collection, processing/fusion, and battlefield command/decision centers. PK is nowhere close to this level of decentralization. To the contrary they are more centralized than people think and that is a fatal mistake they make (they dont think decentralization - it is not a core tenant of their strategy, in fact the opposite is). This is the war fighting apparatus of the PK Mil.

SPD on the other hand is a smarter org, and they realize this, and they have tried to build some level of decentralization.

Last edited:
Yaar is it just me or Bajwa is looking more and more older by every day? I mean work stress can't be a issue as he only cut ribbons and do inaugurations.

In all frankness I am a bit worried stating these details here (especially attack methods which I cannot in open forums (for ethical and legal reasons)). What I can say is the following: When you centralize a decision making framework, you can be faster and given your holistic view can make smarter decisions. But that same strength has a fundamental weakness, that is if your downstream criteria based decisions are predicated on these central data-fusion and decision centers, then any obstruction can have negative cascading effects on the battlefield (given the reliance of this data stream for BFDs). So your enemy will deploy a multitude of methods to disrupt it. And disruption is more simple than people think especially when you have time to prepare against a static threat. Which is why next gen of BMS will provide a high level of edge decision making based upon learned/trained systems, not to mention BMS compute and processing can also be de-centralized and mobile (field ops centers etc), and where disruption does happen local systems have enough local intelligence that they are able to quickly and smartly make local decisions. This is not a perfect science, but first world militaries have been transitioning to this format for some time. There is a long way to go, but I think within the next 10 years first world (esp US), will take a generational advancement in intelligent, almost autonomous cyber-kinetic ops. This jump and what it represents will transform wars in a way few can imagine.
can you post a thread detailing counter measures, or corrective actions. do not go into specifics, or you can just use a western country as a case study, so that we can learn more.

COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa, inaugurated state of the art Centre of Integrated Air Def Battle Management (CIADBAM). Commander Army Air Defence Command, Lt General Hamood Uz Zaman Khan briefed COAS on Air Defence battle management

1632400647154.png

1632400758280.png

1632400785740.png

1632400812308.png

1632400844808.png

A two-star was compromised by an Indian honey trap and here they are celebrating successes of honey traps against Indian subedars and drivers.
It is indeed alarming but not surprising......sometimes a subedar or chaprasi deployed in the south block has more vital information then a 2 star.

This new centre seems to be the precursor to buying new Longrange(HQ9B/S400) class SAM systems as at that range you really need to know what is going on otherwise you have friendly fire situations like the IAF had when it shot down its own

This command centre also allows for deeper integration between PAF and PA interms of air defence responsbilities and sharing of data between the two air arms.

I am certain there is redudancy and duplication for something as important as this. What you are looking at in the above pictures would all be underground to protect from missile strikes and the like and we have seen some pictures of homegrown networking and comms based infrastructure to ensure secure commuinications.

You have to accept at some level that after all these years - both PA and PAF understand the need for duplication and redundancy as part of their war fighthing doctrine.

I personally am excited to see how sophisticated Pakistan's software development skills are getting in developing command and control systems in-house. I truly believe we are building the blocks required to be able to build an AEW&C / AWACs in Pakistan from all i am seeing. All that is missing is AESA GaN T/R modules right now and skills in how to modify a civilan airliner(ie Sea Sultan ).

( ps - did anyone notice the vechicle on top of the console in picture 2 above? :) )

Last edited:
Most of the stuff has been operational for —— years. They just wanted a new building to house it.

i hope it’s an underground building deep enough to resist nuke blast.

This new centre seems to be the precursor to buying new Longrange(HQ9B/S400) class SAM systems as at that range you really need to know what is going on otherwise you have friendly fire situations like the IAF had when it shot down its own

This command centre also allows for deeper integration between PAF and PA interms of air defence responsbilities and sharing of data between the two air arms.

I am certain there is redudancy and duplication for something as important as this. What you are looking at in the above pictures would all be underground to protect from missile strikes and the like and we have seen some pictures of homegrown networking and comms based infrastructure to ensure secure commuinications.

You have to accept at some level that after all these years - both PA and PAF understand the need for duplication and redundancy as part of their war fighthing doctrine.

I personally am excited to see how sophisticated Pakistan's software development skills are getting in developing command and control systems in-house. I truly believe we are building the blocks required to be able to build an AEW&C / AWACs in Pakistan from all i am seeing. All that is missing is AESA GaN T/R modules right now and skills in how to modify a civilan airliner(ie Sea Sultan ).

( ps - did anyone notice the vechicle on top of the console in picture 2 above? :) )
S-400? Really? Pakistan is considering buying the S-400?

Last edited:
S-400? Really? Pakistan is considering buying the S-400?

>> This new centre seems to be the precursor to buying new Long range(HQ9B/S400) class SAM systems as at that range you really

I did not say that Pakistan is considering buying the S-400, I said " Long range(HQ9B/S400) class SAM system" ... ergo Long ramge SAMs - and highlighted two example types ...

I think I responded on that earlier. If you need more details let me know. Might be too boring and technical. Basically I would be answering the question on how to erode the efficacy of a centralized operation center. Obviously there is the obvious kinetic op to take this centralized ops center out, which lends additional challenges.
You need to have redundancies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom