What's new

China seething after India issues visa to Uyghur ‘terrorist’

PatriotLover

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Recently I have seen much Sino Indo bhai bhai bullshit here on PDF. China should never forget how two timing back stabbing India can be. Take a look:

Source: Beijing has reacted with seething anger after India issued a visa to a Germany-based Uyghur activist, branded a terrorist by the Chinese government, to attend a conference on democracy and China in Dharamsala later this month.

The man in question, Munich-based Dolkun Isa from the World Uyghur Congress (WUC) has been accused of terrorism and conspiracy to kill people in Xinjiang in China’s remote northwest region. The WUC is a grouping of Uyghur community outside China.

The Xinjiang region has seen rioting and frequent violence between the local Uyghur population and government forces.

Read: China: Exiled Uyghurs demand probe into 2009 ethnic riots

Exiled Uyghur activists say the violence is result of Beijing’s hardline policies and a reaction against the government’s efforts to subsume the unique local culture.

The venue for the conference Dharamsala, of course, is the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile where between April 28 and May 1, exiled Chinese activists from across the world will gather to discuss democratic transition in China.

The Dharamsala-based Tibetan spiritual leader, Dalai Lama, labelled a “separatist” and “wolf in sheep’s clothing” by China is also expected to address the gathering.

The controversy comes at a time when India has been repeatedly raised the issue of China blocking New Delhi’s move to sanction Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Masood Azhar at the UN.

Read :‘Policies in Xinjiang brutal, cause trauma among Uyghurs’

This new issue coupled with the question over Masood Azhar doesn’t particularly make smooth the path for Indian President Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to China in late May.

Beijing’s brief reaction to the conference was couched in diplomatic language but reflected their anger.

“Dolkun Isa is a terrorist on red notice of Interpol and the Chinese police. Bringing him to justice is a due obligation of relevant countries,” China’s ministry of foreign affairs told HT in an emailed response late on Thursday.

He is accused of terrorism and bombing and was granted asylum in Germany in the late 1990s.

The conference is being organised by the US-based “Citizen Power for China” led by Yang Jianli, who was involved in the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests.

On his part, the exiled Uyghur, Munich-based Dolkun Isa confirmed to HT over email that he has received an electronic visa from India and is looking forward to his first visit to the country.

“Yes, I am invited one of the conference in Dharamsala which will be held between 28 April and May 1. I am planning to go, so i have got the electronic visa for India,” he told HT.

“I really want to visit India because I have never been India,” he said, adding: “India is one of my dream courtiers to visit”.

Dolkun said India and East Turkistan – which is the historical name of the country that China says separatist Uyghurs from Xinjiang are fighting for – had good relations.

“I would like to enjoy India’s culture. East Turkistan and India had a long and very good relationship in the history. Uyghurs love India’s people,” he said.

Talking about India and China, Dolkun said: “India is the world’s largest democratic nation and second big population after China. But China is still under totalitarian rule. India has the responsibility to teach democracy to China”.

About problems in visiting other countries because of the Interpol notice against him, he said he has to be careful with his travel plans.

“The Chinese government has made me an accused with Interpol and my name is on Red (corner) notice. Because of this, I have faced troubles in some countries’ immigration. I was detained at the border of some countries. I have to be careful about travelling except in the European Union,” he said.

World Uyghur Congress, spokesperson, Dilxat Raxit told HT that he hoped that the Indian government was following the situation of Uyghurs in Xinjiang and voices its solidarity with their fight for justice.

I am all for Sino Indian co operation but the Indians still see China as an enemy.

It was India that instigated the 1962 border war but China has long forgiven and forgotten the issue. For some reason Indians are extremely vindictive and petty about 1962.

I am all for Sino Indian co operation but the Indians still see China as an enemy.

It was India that instigated the 1962 border war but China has long forgiven and forgotten the issue. For some reason Indians are extremely vindictive and petty about 1962.
Yeah veto on banning a known terrorist moving around freely in Pakistan was message of love for India.

Indians are vindictive and petty about 1962 because they got the snot beat out of them by the PLA.

1962 was the first humiliation to their country after getting independence and it stings their ego to this day.

Indian education system and media brainwash their children how China is evil. They are brainwashed to hate China from a very young age.

There is also jealousy at the success of China and in practically everything China is ahead of India. Since both have populations over 1 billion, India is always looked at as a poor man's China.

Combine that jealousy with 1962, and you get the China hatred.

India has no respect for China at all. Forget your hope. China should treat India as an enemy and weaken it as much as possible to make the neighbourhood better.

1962 work was incomplete. China should finnish the work soon.

No, I think that in time India will be a Chinese ally. After their government and democrazy get their act together of course.

Why crying ,we dont consider him terrorist as there is question mark on defenation regarding terrorim just like china question on azhar (JEM chief)

You may be clear the terrorism attack in Turkey last months. A country control and operate terrorists can bring in short-term benefits, but when the host can't satisfy the terrorists' requirement, they will bite random in the host nation.

Chinese dissidents from around the world will assemble in India next week to hold an international conference seeking transition to democracy in the communist country.

The Central Government not only gave its go-ahead to the organizers to hold the conference in India, but also granted visas to all Chinese dissidents, including World Uyghur Congress leader Dolkun Isa, who has been dubbed as a “terrorist” by Beijing.
The conference will be held from April 28 to May 1 at Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh- the seat of the Tibetian Government-in-exile. Dalai Lama, who has been leading Tibetians’ struggle against Chinese rule in Tibet will receive the delegates and address them.

The Central Government’s decision which is likely to make some noise in Beijing, has come at a time when India is upset over China’s decision to block India’s proposal to impose United Nations’ sanctions on Pakistan based terrorist leader Moulana Masood Azhar.

The Indian Government has granted me a visa, but I will come there only after assessing my safety as China has got a Red Corner Notice issued against me by the Interpol,” said Dolkun Isa, who is presently in Munich.

Isa is a front line leader for the Uyghurs’ struggle for greater political freedom in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous province of China. He was jailed several times for his activism against Chinese rule in what Uyghurs call “East Turkestan”. He fled to Germany in 1997, and after a decade long fight seeking political asylum, he was granted German citizenship in 2006.

dolkun-isa.jpg

Image: Dolkun Isa

Veto on banning a known terrorist in UN was what ? a message of peace by China ?

Ever heard the phrase tit for tat ? see it live in action now !!

Indians are vindictive and petty about 1962 because they got the snot beat out of them by the PLA.

1962 was the first humiliation to their country after getting independence and it stings their ego to this day.

Indian education system and media brainwash their children how China is evil. They are brainwashed to hate China from a very young age.

There is also jealousy at the success of China and in practically everything China is ahead of India. Since both have populations over 1 billion, India is always looked at as a poor man's China.

Combine that jealousy with 1962, and you get the China hatred.

lol let me enlighten you.

-- Not really there is no such brain washing most Indians highly appreciate China and we look up to China and Japan as a role model.
-- I agree that we have a small paragraph in the social science text book that suggest China attacked India in 1962 but people who have access to Internet know that the whole 1962 episode was a huge misunderstanding, mismanagement by Nehru.
-- So no we don't hate China.

-- Are we jealous of China nope we just admire the hardworking nature and the progress China has made.
-- We are not jealous we appreciate Chinese model of progress.

Pakistan and China should arrange conference for Assamese, Naga, Khalistanis, maoists and other separatists etc.. we can hold that meeting in Islamabad with Chinese support..

I guess India planning something to Ruin CPEC (China-Pakistan Economic Corridor) from Xinjiang Province.

China and Pakistan must be careful of any India's Action.
India will never want to see Pakistani and Chinese people prosper and Rise together.

Back
Top Bottom