What's new

China and Pakistan will make a very attractive offer to Egypt regarding the JF-17

India has influence with Myanmar. India has its own priorities in reducing violence. India is not their biggest trading partner. India is not their biggest arm supplier.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/13/AR2007011300296.html

I never said Pakistan is responsible for Myanmar's problems. You have no issue with your flagship combat aircraft being sold to Myanmar.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-east-policy-pm-modi/articleshow/59602768.cms

Let's not twist our words. We must be aware of our own actions before we point fingers at others. With regards to the sale of JF-17s to Myanmar, the main point to note is that China is an equal partner in this project. It is neither our business to direct China's foreign policy nor do we have the power to change such things. But what happens in one's region is their direct responsibility. We have actively worked in our region, and so other countries have a moral obligation in their regions.

JF-17 would seem to be a good F-5 replacement rather than Eurofighters.

However, given the current political realities, I highly doubt Uncle Sam allows SA to buy Pakistani aircraft rather than US/UK ones.

JF-17 would seem to be a good F-5 replacement rather than Eurofighters.

However, given the current political realities, I highly doubt Uncle Sam allows SA to buy Pakistani aircraft rather than US/UK ones.

JF-17 is equivalent of F-16.
America only feel challenged with F-17. Actually behaving like desperate widow.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-east-policy-pm-modi/articleshow/59602768.cms

Let's not twist our words. We must be aware of our own actions before we point fingers at others. With regards to the sale of JF-17s to Myanmar, the main point to note is that China is an equal partner in this project. It is neither our business to direct China's foreign policy nor do we have the power to change such things. But what happens in one's region is their direct responsibility. We have actively worked in our region, and so other countries have a moral obligation in their regions.

Myanmar does not want to depend on China. They are approaching India for arms

Pakistan can offer a paf pilot with a jf17. This will definitely get sessi to buy our planes.

Egypt's decision to buy Thunder will base on its quest for a diplomatic space. They can get BVR technology and that is too without any sanctions. I don't think that Sisi will think out of the box to make the Egypt an independent country. Many Sunni (Shafai) friends of mine from Egypt supports Sisi against Wahabi Morsi but that does not mean that Sisi will cease to act as a Musharaf. He will somehow or to the larger extent will serve the Saudi and Americans causes. This is loud and clear.

Otherwise there is no hurdle for Egypt to procure 2-3 squadrons of JF-17 Block II and get a hand on much dreamed BVR technology. Unfortunately many leaders in Muslim world do not take such decisions. I love Egypt and Egyptian people alhamdulilah. This is my political take.

Egypt's decision to buy Thunder will base on its quest for a diplomatic space. They can get BVR technology and that is too without any sanctions. I don't think that Sisi will think out of the box to make the Egypt an independent country. Many Sunni (Shafai) friends of mine from Egypt supports Sisi against Wahabi Morsi but that does not mean that Sisi will cease to act as a Musharaf. He will somehow or to the larger extent will serve the Saudi and Americans causes. This is loud and clear.

Otherwise there is no hurdle for Egypt to procure 2-3 squadrons of JF-17 Block II and get a hand on much dreamed BVR technology. Unfortunately many leaders in Muslim world do not take such decisions. I love Egypt and Egyptian people alhamdulilah. This is my political take.
Actually he will serve Egyptian interests first..

Why would Saudi go for JF-17? It is a short-legged fighter that has a small weapons load.

Current Saudi inventory is F-15 and Eurofighter. They are much larger fighters with longer range and weapons oad suitable for the vast Saudi airspace
They need to replace their F-5 fleet..90% already retired.. they can position them in different parts of the country to serve specific areas..

Morsi is from the Muslim Brotherhood -diametrically opposite to the Wahabi folks!!!!

They need to replace their F-5 fleet..90% already retired.. they can position them in different parts of the country to serve specific areas..
All of the F-5s are retired.

All of the F-5s are retired.
There were rumors of some reconnaissance dedicated ones were still in service.. but anyhow, the idea is that the Saudi F-5s need replacements..

Plaaf And pln needs to retire 700-800 f7s, a5 and j8s too http://www.scramble.nl/orbats/china/airforce

Regiment has about 2 sqn worth of aircraft ~50, assuming brigade has twice of regiment

Not counting j6 turned into drones

Plaaf was one of the late customers of k8 ordered in late 90 / early 2000 while program started in late 80s perhaps only after j5 were out of their useful life

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom