What's new

China and Pakistan will make a very attractive offer to Egypt regarding the JF-17

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
upload_2017-6-23_1-50-48.jpeg

upload_2017-6-23_1-51-4.jpeg

A Chinese source mentions discussions between Egypt and Pakistan militarily and refers to the Pakistani side mentioning Egypt's interest in the JF-17 after Egypt's French and Russian deals. He spoke about the depth of relations between Egypt and Pakistan and the two countries recently exchanged training programs for the very good skills of Egyptian and Pakistani pilots.

He said that Egypt has many channels and strong relations to buy foreign fighters, but these foreign countries will not let Egypt to manufacture their fighters locally, such as the JF-17 and he named for example the Rafale and MIG 35.

He stated clearly that the Thunder will replace the Mirage-5 and the Mig-21 fighters and the old fighters that came out of service, stressing that the agreement was not confirmed as final yet, but Pakistan and China will make a very attractive offer to Egypt.

http://bbs.tiexue.net/post_10580331_1.html

American F-16s
Russian MiG-35s
French Rafales
Chinese/Pakistani JF-17s

Whoever is in charge of logistics for the Egyptian Air Force is looking at an early pension.
Ahahahah..... I was thinking that as well. :D
I don't think Egypt will go for the JF-17. though. If they are so eager for another type of fighter jet to replace their ageing one they will go for Russian equivalent since they are already familiar with Russian fighters.

Egypt has been after JF-17 for a long time. Initially the argument was ToT for BVR capability. Pakistan's approach to produce fighters in local production facilities has caught the eye of many in the developing world. Like Pakistan Egypt has a strong requirement and desire for ToT. I think it is only a matter of time before we see a solid Egyptian deal for the JF-17. JF-17 offers something that other fighters don't in the ToT sense.

Egypt has been after JF-17 for a long time. Initially the argument was ToT for BVR capability. Pakistan's approach to produce fighters in local production facilities has caught the eye of many in the developing world. Like Pakistan Egypt has a strong requirement and desire for ToT. I think it is only a matter of time before we see a solid Egyptian deal for the JF-17. JF-17 offers something that other fighters don't in the ToT sense.

I am not sure how credible this news is,
However Egypt does produce K-8 locally, they even have an armed version of it.

Personally it will be great if Egypt could get a production line and get in the african market with it.

Realistically we don't have time. Neither us, nor the Egyptians.

@Frogman < - My Infantry friend may tell you more.

This is the JF-17 cockpit.
The rest is probably the usual fake news from the OP...

View attachment 405898
One in OP is a PC-21

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=16&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjc1Ny2kdTUAhUINo8KHY2YCCAQFghgMA8&url=http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13122&usg=AFQjCNF-JpSGY2ToHYQHXSKyEhCQmo5ZUg

JF Block I cockpit (simulator)
1zfppip.jpg

cockpit4.jpg

block II simulator:
J-10B_cockpit.jpg

THIS is not a JF17 cockpit i think.

About the title, the "very attractive offer" is most probably going to be a production/assembly line. (WHICH IF TRUE WILL INDICATE LARGE NUMBERS)
PC 21 cockpit

I am not sure how credible this news is,
However Egypt does produce K-8 locally, they even have an armed version of it.

Personally it will be great if Egypt could get a production line and get in the african market with it.

Realistically we don't have time. Neither us, nor the Egyptians.

@Frogman < - My Infantry friend may tell you more.

Very much doubt it. More MiG 35s, Rafales, and upgrades to the F-16 are the priority. We're already going to have enough problems throwing the MiG 35 into the mix so never mind another fighter from a completely different source.

This is the JF-17 cockpit.
The rest is probably the usual fake news from the OP...

View attachment 405898
While the OP does post his fare share of "fake news" this may be credible. Look at the history of the composition of the Egyptian Air Force. Types from various sources....Mig-21/F-7, F-4, Mirage 2000, h/o Mig-23, F-15, Mirage V....

F-16 is backbone, Rafale to replace the Mirage... Mig-35 to replace some Mig-21s, I wouldnt be surprised to see Thunders at some point. Especially if they want local production. Already set a precedent with K-8 and China. For some reason the Egyptians like to have diverse inventory perhaps for political reasons. Kind of like India....

Typo I meant F-16 not F-15.

Ah, google translate the OP's link. It seems the article supports my line of thinking...

Ahahahah..... I was thinking that as well. :D
I don't think Egypt will go for the JF-17. though. If they are so eager for another type of fighter jet to replace their ageing one they will go for Russian equivalent since they are already familiar with Russian fighters.

I am not sure, these countries are looking to build up their armament industries. The fact the aircraft might be built there might swing it.

Doesn't matter. At the end of the day they'll be all destroyed while at the tarmac!!!! What are "sissies" good for???? Anyway, Pak/China should try their best to market JF-17s in the entire spectrum of available opportunities...
That was an unfair remark. They may have got a drubbing in 67 but gave the IDF a hard time in yom kepoor war. I think the Egyptians learnt from their mistakes so lets give them the benefit of the doubt. The fact that the juggernaut of the US supply line to the IDF makes it difficult for anyone to fight them is a different case altogether.
Regards
A

Back
Top Bottom