What's new

F-16 or JF-17 for Argentina: a devilish tango with American patience

For the size of Argentina, it is ideally suited for twin engine ac in the league of f 15/ su 35..
If the argentians are really serious in building up a credible deterrence then they need to push the u.s hard, to give them f 15. Lots of mothballed f 15 with the usaf ....even the earlier gen of f 15 would be well suited for Argentina. If would serve as the out n out air support ac.

Jf 17 or f 16 are not suited for huge countries like argentine

For the size of Argentina, it is ideally suited for twin engine ac in the league of f 15/ su 35..
If the argentians are really serious in building up a credible deterrence then they need to push the u.s hard, to give them f 15. Lots of mothballed f 15 with the usaf ....even the earlier gen of f 15 would be well suited for Argentina. If would serve as the out n out air support ac.

Jf 17 or f 16 are not suited for huge countries like argentine

Do you know how the king in Britain would respond?

Do you know how the king in Britain would respond?
Thats called calling the u.s bluff....it would clear the air for all to see how serious the u.s really is/was.

They they should go for su 30 or j16...in such an eventuality

Ps eng or no eng...us would never give the Chinese or the russians such space in their own back yard ie if the arg play their cards right.

Like I said in the JF-17 export thread just now: Argentina does not have the funds to buy and sustain a squadron of factory fresh fighters.

The only way to do that is to sell their soul for thirty years to one of the super powers.
That will then take all their commodities in payment for a generation.
If you do not pay up, China or USA will own your crops, your cattle, your trains and your harbours...

Best option is to not buy at all but negotiate with the UK and hope the stubborn British finally realize that 60 million per year is a bit steep for two clumps of rocks and some sheep.
And no, the oil won't come in floods miraculously from beneath the sea, so I would foreclose any claim on those if I were Argentina and leave the exploration to the UK.

Back
Top Bottom