What's new

China and Pakistan will make a very attractive offer to Egypt regarding the JF-17

JF17 in block 1/2

is better than F7P/PG & mirage 3/5 & MIG21/MIG27 jaguars

JF17/1/2 is inferior to the Falcons in PAF the mki the ugraded mirage2000/5 & mig29k/smt

its lacks on these over TWR load radar and EW suites and more combat proven weapons

IF AND WHEN the block 3 comes

And

The block 3 includes
New more modern engines with more TWR and range
new quarduplex FBW SYSTEM
MORE composite built airframe to reduce weight
Adds HMD and European or USA HOBS missles
Aesa radars
New EW suites
Ram coating to reduce RCS
new BVRS from other sources than china

Then we have a fighter in the same league as Gripen E & F16

But to add the above to Thunder will increase UNIT cost to Double todays prices

it depends, if Egypt has decided to cut numbers than yes thunder is not going to happen
but if they want to maintain their current numbers than they need to replace ~200 mirage 3,5,2000,mig21,f-7 fighters...with what?
mig 29, mig35 will cost~ 70M a piece with huge maintenance issue, i doubt Egypt can afford this like the saudis, they will need something which they can assemble and maintain at home and which should cost not more than 30-35M and is cable enough multi role aircraft..

there is nothing else on the market right now
The Mig-35 cost Egypt around $45 million a piece.. and what Egypt can afford will surprise you.. for $ 30-35 million Egypt will consider buying more Mig-35s.. the issue here is will producing the JF-17 Blk2 and eventually 3 in Egypt will be viable.. Yes it will because even if we say the JF-17 blk 2 costs $20 to 25 million as reported everywhere and Block 3 will cost around $30-35 million a piece.. local production will halve these costs and producing 100 JF-17s in Egypt with Egyptian specs will not cost more than $2 billion dollars which is very affordable for Egypt.. There are also more Rafale (at least another12 held as option), Su-35s (29 as announced by the official Egyptian TV), another Fremm frigate and another 2 Gowind stealth corvettes... this is only what is known according to reliable sources, many other systems are being negotiated also; like the Arming of the 2 Mistral LHDs and their Electronic suites..as well as more Antey-2000 systems and the S-400 among other Air-defence systems.. and much much more..
Note that Egypt pays only for the French and Russian systems from its own budget.. All American systems and their upgrades (200 F-16s are set to be upgraded to Blk 52 and Viper) are paid from the US Military aid package signed in Camp David and Where Usrael gets double what Egypt gets..

Meanwhile:

Pakistan, China readying J-17 fighter jets for Myanmar

tem45r4r5t6.png

Recent photographs of a JF-17/FC-1 Fierce Dragon fighter aircraft with the insignia of the Myanmar Air Force (MAF) on its tail conducting test flights in a Chinese airfield in Chengdu has lent strong credence to reports that the aircraft may be in the final stages of being supplied to Myanmar, possibly by the year-end.

Among other things, it also gives wings to Pakistan’s dreams of being a military hardware exporter. The development has the potential of substantially adding to its earnings from the export of defence equipment, which is about to touch $1 billion.

Pakistan’s media had reported on Wednesday that Khwaja Suhail Mansoor, chairman of Pakistan’s standing committee on defence production, had told the country’s Senate that in the current fiscal year that ends next on Friday, the value of defence exports was $98.3 million, a 55% jump from a decade back.

While the JF-17 is supposed to be a major joint collaborative effort to manufacture and sell combat planes by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and the state-owned Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (PAC/CAC), it is reported to have been mainly developed by China by improvising its CAC FC-1 Xiaolong air fighter.

Myanmar may be the first country to buy these planes to replace its fleet that includes 24 aging J-7 fighters and 16 A-5IIK ground attack aircraft. MAF has a fleet of 112 fighters, about 80 trainer aircraft, 25 transport aircraft, and around 140 helicopters.

In July 2015, Myanmar had signed a deal for 16 JF-17 Block II aircraft at a unit cost of $16 million, the Jane’s Defence Weekly, quoting diplomatic sources, has claimed. There are also reports that Myanmar may also be considering to buy an additional unspecified number of JF-17s, which may add to India’s diplomatic concerns over extending areas of influence in its immediate neighbourhood. India and Myanmar share a 1,640-km-long border across Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland. Myanmar’s support is seen as vital to combat armed insurgents from Assam, Nagaland and Manipur, who operate from training camps in Myanmar.

While the JF-17 Block II variant of the light multi-role and combat fighter is an improved version of the Block I fighter and includes mid-air refuelling as one of the main improvements, in reality, in a world where the skies are ruled by ultra-modern fighters with stealth capabilities that are specifically designed to attain air superiority, the role of the JF-17 will be, at best, to provide close air support or for defensive operations.

Nigeria is also expected to place some orders for the JF-17 soon while Sri Lanka has also shown some interest. With China’s active help, the Pakistan Air Force is also pursuing an ongoing effort to build and induct about 150 JF-17 fighters.

CLICK HERE

The Mig-35 cost Egypt around $45 million a piece.. and what Egypt can afford will surprise you.. for $ 30-35 million Egypt will consider buying more Mig-35s.. the issue here is will producing the JF-17 Blk2 and eventually 3 in Egypt will be viable.. Yes it will because even if we say the JF-17 blk 2 costs $20 to 25 million as reported everywhere and Block 3 will cost around $30-35 million a piece.. local production will halve these costs and producing 100 JF-17s in Egypt with Egyptian specs will not cost more than $2 billion dollars which is very affordable for Egypt.. There are also more Rafale (at least another12 held as option), Su-35s (29 as announced by the official Egyptian TV), another Fremm frigate and another 2 Gowind stealth corvettes... this is only what is known according to reliable sources, many other systems are being negotiated also; like the Arming of the 2 Mistral LHDs and their Electronic suites..as well as more Antey-2000 systems and the S-400 among other Air-defence systems.. and much much more..
Note that Egypt pays only for the French and Russian systems from its own budget.. All American systems and their upgrades (200 F-16s are set to be upgraded to Blk 52 and Viper) are paid from the US Military aid package signed in Camp David and Where Usrael gets double what Egypt gets..
Egypt is still a maybe market our real target is Nigeria with its growing economy and security situation they have the need to and the capacity to get involved in big purchase

Egypt is still a maybe market our real target is Nigeria with its growing economy and security situation they have the need to and the capacity to get involved in big purchase
Nigeria is an illusion if you think they can match Egypt in the armed forces.. Nigeria will get at most some 14 or 20 JF-17 max.. it lacks the infrastructure and know -how to make or even to maintain aircrafts.. strange..considering its Oil..

Are you kiddin' me? The total thrust using an 'upgraded' version of 2 engines is 53 kN against a thrust of 79 kN Dry to 98 kN Wet for single RD-93. The Yak has a T/W of 0.7 vs. 1.09 for the Thunder. I don't need to do any more comparisons but I will say that with this type of engine power you can't put any hifi electronics on the YAK - there just wouldn't be any power. Also, I don't see any air to air missiles on it either.

You are a title holder. Live up to your title.

Already, in the B model, we have a lower wing loading, meaning ability to carry more load. Also, the swept back vertical stabilizer should mean both better agility and ability to tolerate higher speeds. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the max speed has gone up from 1.6 Mach.

Finally, even today, Thunder is a war machine, able to carry two CM-802 against naval targets. Please don't compare it with a trainer aircraft.

as far as i know its max speed was 1.8 mach ?

That was an unfair remark. They may have got a drubbing in 67 but gave the IDF a hard time in yom kepoor war. I think the Egyptians learnt from their mistakes so lets give them the benefit of the doubt. The fact that the juggernaut of the US supply line to the IDF makes it difficult for anyone to fight them is a different case altogether.
Regards
A

Hear, hear. Egypt might actually be one of the only competent power in the Arab world. Probably the closest any of them came to actually taking on Israel well enough. Even in Yom Kippur, they had an advantageous position and their early campaign was a complete success, what followed with their inability to retain gains and lose ground was the results of political decisions.

The wikipedia page lists 1.6. If I remember correctly, PAF material puts max speed at 1.6 whereas Chinese sources say 1.8. But I want to see it at Mach 2.

It won't ever see mach 2 as its max speed.

Why mach 2?
It won't ever see mach 2 as its max speed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC/PAC_JF-17_Thunder#Production_versions
JF-17 Block 3—Projected to feature further avionics advancements such as helmet-mounted display and sight (HMD/S) system, a new single panel multi-functional display (MFD), an active electronically-scanned array (AESA) radar paired with an infrared search and track (IRST) system, and a cockpit with a flight-control stick on the side an NRIET KLJ-7A AESA radar,[164][165] more use of composites, a new engine, and a two-seater cockpit option, with a top speed of 2.0+ Mach.

TBH in an Indo/Pak scenario the only use for such speed would be quick evasion. But in the wider market, Gripen NG has upped the ante with supercruise, and I want Thunder to be able to hold its own. Remember, this is me wanting something, vs. something actually happening.

Meanwhile:

Pakistan, China readying J-17 fighter jets for Myanmar

View attachment 406293

In July 2015, Myanmar had signed a deal for 16 JF-17 Block II aircraft at a unit cost of $16 million, the Jane’s Defence Weekly, quoting diplomatic sources, has claimed. There are also reports that Myanmar may also be considering to buy an additional unspecified number of JF-17s, which may add to India’s diplomatic concerns over extending areas of influence in its immediate neighbourhood. India and Myanmar share a 1,640-km-long border across Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland. Myanmar’s support is seen as vital to combat armed insurgents from Assam, Nagaland and Manipur, who operate from training camps in Myanmar.

please spare me the usual BS geo-political commentary
Myanmar is slaughtering Rohaniyas like cattle. All Pakistan can do is sell them JF-17s

View attachment 405839

View attachment 405840

A Chinese source mentions discussions between Egypt and Pakistan militarily and refers to the Pakistani side mentioning Egypt's interest in the JF-17 after Egypt's French and Russian deals. He spoke about the depth of relations between Egypt and Pakistan and the two countries recently exchanged training programs for the very good skills of Egyptian and Pakistani pilots.

He said that Egypt has many channels and strong relations to buy foreign fighters, but these foreign countries will not let Egypt to manufacture their fighters locally, such as the JF-17 and he named for example the Rafale and MIG 35.

He stated clearly that the Thunder will replace the Mirage-5 and the Mig-21 fighters and the old fighters that came out of service, stressing that the agreement was not confirmed as final yet, but Pakistan and China will make a very attractive offer to Egypt.

http://bbs.tiexue.net/post_10580331_1.html

Egypt will ask for a production line setup in Egypt. I am not sure if China will honor Egyptian request

Egypt will ask for a production line setup in Egypt. I am not sure if China will honor Egyptian request
They already did with other types of aircrafts and ToT.. now most likely they will offer much more than a production line..

The wikipedia page lists 1.6. If I remember correctly, PAF material puts max speed at 1.6 whereas Chinese sources say 1.8. But I want to see it at Mach 2.
1.6 was JF-17 block 1, block 2 reached 1.8 mack..

Back
Top Bottom