What's new

Bayraktar TB2's Confirmed Kill List (759 targets - for now)

Turks claim they have no foreign parts NOW. But before the recent sanctions,most of the parts were from foreign countries.

Nobody is denying that which is a fact but after the ban all the new line TB2s and drones are indigenous.. Turkey was just feeding them and creating work for them hence all their parts were easily replacable.. Example like a Camera? and other small parts

Turkey was just feeding them and creating work for them hence all their parts were easily replacable
Yes,Turkey was feeding them out of their good heart.

Let me c/p something from the wikipedia article:

"According to British newspaper The Guardian, the arming of the Bayraktar TB2 would not have been possible without the help of UK based technology, namely the Hornet micro-munitions bomb rack invented, developed, designed and patented by EDO MBM Technology Ltd, Brighton in the UK."

"The bomb rack was provided to Turkey in 2015, and a variant of it was integrated onto the aircraft by the UK company and Roketsan.[22] In response to The Guardian newspaper, Baykar Chief Technical Officer Selcuk Bayraktar denied that the bomb rack came from the UK. "We are not buying it from you, we never did. It not only does not work under any circumstances but is also very expensive," Bayraktar said on Twitter. "We have designed and manufactured a more advanced and cost-effective one ourselves."[23] This denial appears to be intended to obscure the facts from the Turkish public.[24]"

"On 19 August 2020 the UK Department for International Trade (DIT) disclosed details of a six-year history of exports of the Hornet bomb rack to Turkey between 2014 and 2020 suggesting that supply of the critical technology to Turkey had continued well beyond the development stage of the Bayraktar TB2 and right up to the publication of the Guardian story in November 2019. "There were 18 Standard Individual Export Licence (SIEL) applications submitted by EDO MBM Technology between 2014–2020 for exports of goods 'related to Hornet Bomb Racks / Hornet Missile Launchers' to Turkey where the proposed exports were for end-users in Turkey. Of these, 16 licences were granted, and 2 applications were stopped."[25]"

Yes,Turkey was feeding them out of their good heart.

Let me c/p something from the wikipedia article:

"According to British newspaper The Guardian, the arming of the Bayraktar TB2 would not have been possible without the help of UK based technology, namely the Hornet micro-munitions bomb rack invented, developed, designed and patented by EDO MBM Technology Ltd, Brighton in the UK."

"The bomb rack was provided to Turkey in 2015, and a variant of it was integrated onto the aircraft by the UK company and Roketsan.[22] In response to The Guardian newspaper, Baykar Chief Technical Officer Selcuk Bayraktar denied that the bomb rack came from the UK. "We are not buying it from you, we never did. It not only does not work under any circumstances but is also very expensive," Bayraktar said on Twitter. "We have designed and manufactured a more advanced and cost-effective one ourselves."[23] This denial appears to be intended to obscure the facts from the Turkish public.[24]"

"On 19 August 2020 the UK Department for International Trade (DIT) disclosed details of a six-year history of exports of the Hornet bomb rack to Turkey between 2014 and 2020 suggesting that supply of the critical technology to Turkey had continued well beyond the development stage of the Bayraktar TB2 and right up to the publication of the Guardian story in November 2019. "There were 18 Standard Individual Export Licence (SIEL) applications submitted by EDO MBM Technology between 2014–2020 for exports of goods 'related to Hornet Bomb Racks / Hornet Missile Launchers' to Turkey where the proposed exports were for end-users in Turkey. Of these, 16 licences were granted, and 2 applications were stopped."[25]"

lol at the Guardian and that UK claim. The british are hyperbolic and you know that nothing they say can be taken serious. Even going as far as to saying without us it would have not been possible lmao. That is comedic.. It certainly did have parts that were british but it didn't make it possible.

As I said nobody is denying the parts but the claim that it made it possible that is just ridiculous. Turkey has made all the parts now locally since the ban. Which was technically irrelevant on their part because it was not important parts and just small things like camera and etc etc.. It was nothing critical parts and from smaller companies who were selling parts employed by Turkey and yes most of these smaller companies went bankrupt hence Turkey was feeding them which is a fact

It certainly did have parts that were british but it didn't make it possible.
So wait a minute,are you saying the Turks woke up one day and knew how to make all that? Without help from other countries?

"The aircraft previously relied on imported and regulated components and technologies such as the engines (manufactured by Rotax in Austria) and optoelectronics (FLIR sensors imported from Wescam in Canada or Hensoldt from Germany). Engines exports were halted when Bombardier, owner of Rotax, became aware of the military use of their recreational aircraft engines.[10] In October 2020 Canadian WESCAM (optics and sensors) exports were restricted by the Canadian Foreign Ministry.[11] At the same time local FLIR integration tests started with Aselsan's CATS FLIR system on 6 November 2020.[12]"

So what exactly was Turkish? The airframe?

And if the Turks could make all these things by themselves,why did they have to "feed",like you said,all these foreign companies? Out of their good heart?

Last edited:
So wait a minute,are you saying the Turks woke up one day and knew how to make all that? Without help from other countries?

Well they did replace all the parts with indigenous what does that tell you? besides we are talking about irrelevant parts really when you look at the bigger picture. it's success doesn't only come from the drones itself but EWs play bigger part..

They are going to the moon and probably build a station there soon and you are talking about some irrelevant componants it is actully non-topic..

Turkey is today a leading technology manufacturer in the world... Check this beast submarine killer

Last edited:
Well they did replace all the parts with indigenous what does that tell you? besides we are talking about irrelevant parts really when you look at the bigger picture. The one who designed has the credit but it's success doesn't only come from the drones itself but EWs play bigger part
Yes,but if you listen to it,it's funny. They would buy all these parts and when they got sanctioned,they came out and said "It's ok,we'll replace them with our own". It's like when they got kicked out of the F-35 program and they said "It's ok,we'll make our own 5th generation jet fighter.It's better for us!"

we'll make our own 5th generation jet fighter.It's better for us!"

It is better for them that way tho.. If someone denies selling you something then you do your own which is perhaps better because you will do it yourself much more benefit then just having the toys gifted to you but it is much better to do it yourself..

It is already happening I think by 2030s the stealthy unmanned jets will be officially a mainstay
It will come together with 6th gen fighter in the 2030s.
but the spearhead is still fighter jet+stealth bomber.

Turkey has alraedy figured that out.. They have made LHD anadolu into drone carrier? And yes that is a thing now.. welcome to the future Mofos but anyways the idea is for Turkey to be able to carry drones anywhere hack even into Shanghai haha:partay:. Just kidding about that Shanghai part but you get the gist..

1000w_q95-16-3.jpg

It is being prepared for this to take the center stage.. Stealthy unmanned fighter jet MIUS slush drone aka MIUS that is what it is called MIUS
MIUS.jpg

Turks claim they have no foreign parts NOW. But before the recent sanctions,most of the parts were from foreign countries.

No. Haluk Bayraktar (GM of the company) stated that the products on the shelf continue to be used, but the military components that may be subject to the embargo have become localized. In 2021, Baykar showed in a detailed infographic to what extent the TB-2 system was localized. Actually, this was also a response to the counter-campaign on social media, but since the main critical issue, the drone's main critical avionics, and the running algorithms in embedded systems have already been unique since the first deliveries of the system, there was no difficulty that would prevent the production of the system. If you can't supply a product, you get an alternative, if you can't get it too, then you may increase the cost of the product and you have to localize it. For example, when there was a problem with the wescam, the optimization studies of Aselsan CATS, which was not preferred because it was heavy, were accelerated and eventually Aselsan CATS will take place in new productions. Those who shared the production planning and subsystem schematics between 2014-2019 know how this system evolving very well, but they only talk about a part of the process, not the whole, since their purpose is nothing more than spamming the thread.

EzMnHw6VUAAW7i2

As of now, new built TB-2 locality rate reached 93%. It was 15% in 2014, it was 65% at the beginning of 2019. In 2022, the engine will also be domestic.
Regarding the graphic shared above:
The tire is Petlas, not Beringer.
IMU is not Grumman LN200, it is Baykar.
Data link now, not ViaSat, Baykar.
Oil, not AeroShell, Turkish Petroleum.

Last edited:
In any case, at the end of 2 years, we have come from the point of 'TB-2 can't hit any air defense system, you're lying' to 'but TB-2 has foreign components (so what? which country in the world does make design and systems engineering with 100% domestic subsystems? ). In fact, this is progress.

I want to remind you of the topic again. We can even include other tactical drones in the world and the difference they make into this topic. I would be glad if you continue the piss race in other titles.

I want to remind you of the topic again. We can even include other tactical drones in the world and the difference they make into this topic. I would be glad if you continue the piss race in other titles.

The naysayers gotta say something tho hence it is what it is..

I just wanna see my mann @Foinikas concede to the fact that turkey is doing something right here it can't be that hard to utter the words

Chivalry has died in some quarters these days. If your so-called precieved competitor or whatever is doing good.. You give the thumbs up and try to catch up.. No need to be beating around the bushes

The naysayers gotta say something tho hence it is what it is..

Is our topic TB-2 systems engineering? There are at least 3 threads about these on this forum.

Deino regularly scans the Turkish forum as far as I can see. Not just on a main system basis, I believe that he saw most of them in the period when the news about the production and development activities of these subsystems one by one was shared. His reaction, again, as far as I can tell, is related to MME's exaggerated and rude style and ofc seeing Turkey as if it is at a point where it is not yet. IMO Deino does not want to miss the opportunity to say, "Look, you see," even if he does deliberate manipulation from time to time when he finds an opportunity in such titles.

Almost all of us criticize MME, which is constantly trying to bring these necessary and unnecessary things to people's eyes....But again, we would like to see things that have been discussed and explained 50 times before in the forum, over and over again in separate topics. If that's not an irony, what is.

Almost all of us criticize MME

MME is a troll. He needs to be more decent. I have had my own share of engagements with them. He was bashing even Pakistan and some other arab members. His most disliked poster that triggered him everytime is @Gomig-21 from the Egypt defense thread.. But alas he needs to change his style. Have you reported him before.. What started from the Libyian file evolved into a legendary PDF beef..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom