What's new

Ukraine's Bayraktar TB2 drones appear to be back in combat — and with devastating effect, reports say

ThunderCat

Reaction score
  • The TB2 drone was almost written off as Russia's defenses appeared to have got the better of them.
  • But reports say they are flying again and hitting Russian targets with devastating effect.
  • The Turkish-built TB2 uses hi-tech optics and can be armed with an array of smart munitions.
Video footage shared by Ukraine's Navy appeared to show a Bayraktar TB2 unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) destroying a Russian KS-701 patrol boat in the Black Sea — a sign that the formidable Turkish-built drone is back in operation.

In the grisly clip, which was shared on Telegram on September 3, black and white footage shows figures moving around on a boat before it's engulfed by a devastating explosion.

The caption with the video says: "In the north-western part of the Black Sea, during an attempt to land enemy personnel, the naval aviation of the Ukrainian Navy destroyed an enemy boat of the type KS-701 Tunets. The enemy suffered losses amounting to 6 killed and two wounded invaders."

Another video that went viral on social media the same day featured the destruction of a Russian military's Ural truck in the Kherson region, also appeared to show the TB2 Bayraktar in action.

Why the TB2 has returned to devastating action could be a testament to the months Ukraine has spent degrading Russia's air defense systems, hitting Putin's forces deep behind the frontline with HIMARS, missiles, and pinpoint drone attacks.

"That TB-2s again are firing missiles at Russian troops is a strong indicator that Russian air defenses in the south are in trouble," wrote David Axe in Forbes.

Indeed, the TB2 Bayraktar sorties revival came a week after a prized advanced S-400 Triumf was spectacularly destroyed in Crimea.

@Foinikas @nahtanbob the Indian media was mocking this drone for being jammed out by the Russian Federation. Just at the same time, the Indian Armed Forces wanted to buy this drone.

Where is the Indian media mocking this drone now? lol

Last edited:

@Foinikas @nahtanbob the Indian media was mocking this drone for being jammed out by the Russian Federation. Just at the same time the Indian Armed Forces wanted to buy this drone.

Interesting,the Greek Defence Systems presented anti-drone jamming systems to representatives of various European Defence companies and the Hellenic Armed Forces,the other day.

@ThunderCat Russians claimed they have jammed Turkish drones in Armenia and Ukraine,but I think they have shot down more than they have jammed. I can't say for sure of course,but I think they actually shot down most of them. Just like the LNA in Libya.

@ThunderCat Russians claimed they have jammed Turkish drones in Armenia and Ukraine,but I think they have shot down more than they have jammed. I can't say for sure of course,but I think they actually shot down most of them. Just like the LNA in Libya.

They need low cost MANPADS to combat drone threat effectively.

After jamming a drone that can no longer maneuver, they probably got a good shot at them using artililary. But according to the news reports, the Russians could only shoot down a limited number of these. Their missiles were pretty much useless against this airborne pest.

OR these drones just drifted and fell after being jammed. But now this newer Bayaktar has some counter measures and is back in the sky as a family. Already hitting targets within Russian territory apparently.

Interesting,the Greek Defence Systems presented anti-drone jamming systems to representatives of various European Defence companies and the Hellenic Armed Forces,the other day.

Were the Russians using these to jam Turkish drones? Either way, a drone that can resist jamming signals is ahead in the game and would rock the drone market.

Last edited:

@Foinikas @nahtanbob the Indian media was mocking this drone for being jammed out by the Russian Federation. Just at the same time, the Indian Armed Forces wanted to buy this drone.

We are in 1st innings of drone warfare. there is a long way to go. Right now no one is going to win a war using drones against a large opponent

We are in 1st innings of drone warfare. there is a long way to go. Right now no one is going to win a war using drones against a large opponent

To win, you must score points. Right now the Turkish UAVs are hitting targets within the Russian Federation's borders.

Turkey is a top sellar in the drone market and global defense market. India's all talk/write but no action. Nothing.

To win, you must score points. Right now the Turkish UAVs are hitting targets within the Russian Federation's borders.

Turkey is a top sellar in the drone market and global defense market. India's all talk/write but no action. Nothing.

You are ignoring all the other Ukranian weapons that Russians have to worry about

You are ignoring all the other Ukranian weapons that Russians have to worry about

I am not.
Just that this weapon is still succeeding in the face of Russian resistance to it.

In the meantime, Bangladesh is preparing rickshaws mounted with overhead slingshots to sell to Ukraine for 14 billion per unit. Good luck with that :enjoy:

After jamming a drone that can no longer maneuver, they probably got a good shot at them using artililary. But according to the news reports, the Russians could only shoot down a limited number of these. Their missiles were pretty much useless against this airborne pest.
No,they actually shot all of them down eventually. Their missiles are good on that,I think the problem lies on their radars.

Only American HIMARS ,, nothing else

Turkiye gave TRLG-230 GPS+INS+Laser guided MLRS which can hit even moving targets from 70 km away

American HIMARS can not hit moving targets

btw , Ukraine used only TB-2 UCAV armed with 15 km MAM-L laser guided munition

Russia is so lucky
because Turkiye doesnt give full capacity of UCAV technology to Ukraine to destroy Tanks , Howitzers , MLRS , Air Defense System from safe distance

60-150-180-200-250-280-700 km Cruise missies , guided munitions and Kamikaze Drones for TB-2 , ANKA , AKSUNGUR , AKINCI UCAVs

only one example , now TB-2 UCAVs armed with 200+ km KEMANKES mini cruise missile to destroy PANTSIR , BUK , TOR even S300
1695548707387.png

1695548729872.png

Only American HIMARS ,, nothing else

Turkiye gave TRLG-230 GPS+INS+Laser guided MLRS which can hit even moving targets from 70 km
but limited numbers

American HIMARS can not hit moving targets

btw , Ukraine used only TB-2 UCAV armed with 15 km MAM-L laser guided munition

Russia is so lucky
because Turkiye doesnt give full capacity of UCAV technology to Ukraine to destroy Tanks , Howitzers , MLRS , Air Defense System from safe distance

60-150-180-200-250-280-700 km Cruise missies , guided munitions and Kamikaze Drones for TB-2 , ANKA , AKSUNGUR , AKINCI UCAVs

only one example , now TB-2 UCAVs armed with 200+ km KEMANKES mini cruise missile to destroy PANTSIR , BUK , TOR even S300
View attachment 955738
View attachment 955739
Here we go again

Baghdad-Bob.jpg

India's all talk/write but no action. Nothing.
About half a dozen or more Indrajaal systems with seamless connectivity can protect the entire western border.Conventional defences will be overwhelmed in a swarm attack & an AI-enabled autonomous dome with its own ecosystem of sensors and processing is the way forward

downloadfile(22).jpg

downloadfile(23).jpg

1695550798293.png

downloadfile(13).png

1695550823417.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom