What's new

Ukraine's Bayraktar TB2 drones appear to be back in combat — and with devastating effect, reports say

The article you posted talks about Ankara's willingness to sell, not the other way around. Perhaps the resistance was from India. Also Eurasian times, at best, is a tabloid defence site.

India did seek to purchase the drone, did it not? Why was their media mocking it? India will never buy Iran's shaheed drones because they are copied from American drones.

No,they actually shot all of them down eventually. Their missiles are good on that,I think the problem lies on their radars.

Which missiles were used for that? The news report I saw, only a handful of their missiles hit the drones. Their solution to this was using jammers, but now the drone is back in the air.

On related topic, any idea why Armenia did not use the Iranian Shaheed or Muhajir against Azerbaijan? Is it because it would harm their relations with America?

Last edited:
On related topic, any idea why Armenia did not use the Iranian Shaheed or Muhajir against Azerbaijan? Is it because it would harm their relations with America?
Good question. And I really have no idea why all these years they haven't bought anything from Iran. One explanation is what you said,maybe they wanted not to harm the Armenian lobby's influence in America by doing something like this. Or maybe they didn't think UCAVs and kamikaze drones would be worth buying? I don't know. They could have spent money buying from another country,a bit more "neutral". But then again...no idea why.

Good question. And I really have no idea why all these years they haven't bought anything from Iran. One explanation is what you said,maybe they wanted not to harm the Armenian lobby's influence in America by doing something like this. Or maybe they didn't think UCAVs and kamikaze drones would be worth buying? I don't know. They could have spent money buying from another country,a bit more "neutral". But then again...no idea why.
Azerbaijan has a pretty strong airdefence, iranian drones would fail badly.

Azerbaijan has a pretty strong airdefence, iranian drones would fail badly.
I'm not talking about Iranian drones. I'm talking about better AA systems,radars,EW and aircraft like Tucano and Super Tucano or L-139 that are excellent for COIN operations and cheaper than a normal fighter jet. They could use them to hunt for enemy drones. Although the Azeri air defence could shoot them down,at least they wouldn't be losing Su-30SMs or Su-25s.

I'm not talking about Iranian drones. I'm talking about better AA systems,radars,EW and aircraft like Tucano and Super Tucano or L-139 that are excellent for COIN operations and cheaper than a normal fighter jet. They could use them to hunt for enemy drones. Although the Azeri air defence could shoot them down,at least they wouldn't be losing Su-30SMs or Su-25s.

Azerbaijan bought AKINCI UCAVs from Turkiye to kick Super Tucano or L-139 out of Sky

MURAD AESA Radar was integrated into AKINCI strategic strike UCAV
1695989600826.png

to hit UCAVs , Aircraft and Attack Helicopters
-- 25 km BOZDOGAN air to air Missile with IIR seeker
-- 100+ km GOKDOGAN air to air Missile with RF seeker

1695990046058.png

Last edited:
Azerbaijan bought AKINCI UCAVs from Turkiye to kick Super Tucano or L-139 out of Sky

MURAD AESA Radar was integrated into AKINCI strategic strike UCAV
View attachment 956882

to hit UCAVs , Aircraft and Attack Helicopters
-- 25 km BOZDOGAN air to air Missile with IIR seeker
-- 100+ km GOKDOGAN air to air Missile with RF seeker

View attachment 956884
They had no Akinci in 2020.

They had no Akinci in 2020.

Forget the past .. it's done now

about future
Armenia can buy cheap Aircraft against Azerbaijani TB-2 UCAVs

but Azerbaijan bought AKINCI UCAVs from Turkiye to kick Super Tucano or L-139 out of Sky

Greece also plans to arm 20 T-6 Aircraft to hit Turkish UCAVs

but this won't work ........
AKINCI UCAV is getting AESA Radar and GOKDOGAN air to air Missiles to stay in the air 24/7 to hit T-6 Aircraft from 100 km away

Which missiles were used for that? The news report I saw, only a handful of their missiles hit the drones. Their solution to this was using jammers, but now the drone is back in the air.

Different war, Armenia and Azerbaijan war (forgot the name of that war and too lazy too look it up) is not nearly as intensive as 2022 Russian Invasion. The scale of this war and the one in 2020 is very different, you are looking at 2000+ Russian armour vehicle destroyed vs hundred.

Drone like the TB2 are not supposed to be anchor on for any offensive, they are more an ISTAR tool, look at it as a sniper, you want a sniper on a frontline to be your eyes and ears and report back battlefield info instead of blowing its cover and try to attack anyone or everyone at range. That would waste the resource on that ISTAR asset. The attacking role would be better suited with suicide drone like Switchblade or Lancet, because they are cheap and cheerful and as long as you have target solution fed by ISTAR asset, like TB2, they can keep on the killing

While TB2 are relative cheap, they aren't really that cost effective to run on battlefield and do what $20,000 a piece Switchblade and Lancet drone did, because that would be a waste of 5 million dollars if that trip was a one way trip, imagine this, which set do you prefer? A flight with TB2 with 4 hardpoints and use it to attack as is or a flight with TB2 used high up in the sky and feed you information so you can launch hundreds of those loitering munition on them?

It wouldn't take that much imagination to think anyone in battlefield would prefer the latter than the former, which is what those drones like TB2 should have been,

The thing is, at the onset of this war, Ukraine pretty much have no choice but to use TB2 as major attack role in this war, because they are facing a numerical inferiority to Russian equipment, which make the TB2 extremely important to their offensive, the issue here is, Russia don't have much in a way to counter these, I mean they can't chase them down with fighter because Russia don't have Air Superiority, and they probably can't deal with it other than using expensive anti-air asset, which either they are unwilling or unable to counter them. That's when we see TB2 run wild. Problem is at this stage now, Russia aren't as active as they were back in 2022, there aren't many target for Ukraine to shoot unlike in 2022, and that is across all the platform, not just TB2 or even drone in general. Second is Russia is getting smarter on counter drone technique, on the other hand, Ukraine has more weapon in their arsenal than just TB2 that can make a different, which is why TB2 were taking a backseat during the beginning of 2023.

While TB2 are relative cheap, they aren't really that cost effective to run on battlefield and do what $20,000 a piece Switchblade and Lancet drone did, because that would be a waste of 5 million dollars if that trip was a one way trip, imagine this, which set do you prefer? A flight with TB2 with 4 hardpoints and use it to attack as is or a flight with TB2 used high up in the sky and feed you information so you can launch hundreds of those loitering munition on them?

Of course TB-2 ,,,
but armed with 250 km KEMANKES loitering munition to hit even Russian PANTSIR , BUK , TOR AD Systems from safe distance

LANCET-3 costs $35.000 ... with 3 kg warhead and speed of 110 km/h .... rsnge of 40 km

KEMANKES is also cost effective ... with 6 kg warhead and speed of 720 km/h ..... range of 250 km

Max speed : mach 0,7
Weight : 30 kg
Warhead : 6 kg
-- man-in-the-loop capability
-- operates autonomously with an artificial intelligence-supported autopilot system
-- able to operate during the day and night
-- resistant to any attempts of electronic jamming due to its anti-jamming capabilities
-- all line-of-sight communications over the main unmanned platform
-- E/O Camera

KEMANKES can perform target detection autonomously through the electro-optical Camera seeker and to hit targets with point accuracy
1695996771534.png

Forget the past .. it's done now
What the heck does it matter now? The war is over. Lol,what are you even talking about?

but Azerbaijan bought AKINCI UCAVs from Turkiye to kick Super Tucano or L-139 out of Sky
They bought them to kick Super Tucano and L-139? They guessed what I was going to post on PDF and they bought them just in case,to prove me wrong? 🙄 Do you realize how ridiculous you sound right now?

Greece also plans to arm 20 T-6 Aircraft to hit Turkish UCAVs
Greece needs to replace some of the older trainer aircraft,that's why we're buying them,mainly.

Max speed : mach 0,7
Weight : 30 kg
Warhead : 6 kg
-- man-in-the-loop capability
-- operates autonomously with an artificial intelligence-supported autopilot system
-- able to operate during the day and night
-- resistant to any attempts of electronic jamming due to its anti-jamming capabilities
-- all line-of-sight communications over the main unmanned platform
-- E/O Camera
C/p from Roketsan again?

if TB2 is superweapon why everywhere its used, they lose?
the GNA use tb2 and they lose most of Libya to LNA who control all the oil fields and money
The Turks use some tb2 after nearly a decade of civil war in Syria to destroy a few pieces of unguarded weapon systems but in the end Assad still the president and in power of Syria
Ukraine use tb2 in ukraine but Russia still hold Eastern Ukraine and nothing has changed.

Looks like tb2 has very bad reputation in the world as a gimmick rather than a 'game changer'

if TB2 is superweapon why everywhere its used, they lose?
the GNA use tb2 and they lose most of Libya to LNA who control all the oil fields and money
The Turks use some tb2 after nearly a decade of civil war in Syria to destroy a few pieces of unguarded weapon systems but in the end Assad still the president and in power of Syria
Ukraine use tb2 in ukraine but Russia still hold Eastern Ukraine and nothing has changed.

Looks like tb2 has very bad reputation in the world as a gimmick rather than a 'game changer'
34 countries using TB-2 how many use Iranian drones? 😉

The only country who is not a Muslim country that bought Tb2 is Poland and they just want to have a quick look at it and see if its any good. The rest is just muslim country wanting to show support for fellow muslim products despite it being low quality compared to Western/Chinese products

How many wars did TB-2 Win ? I cound losses in Syria (assad in power), Libya (LNA control the oil/gas fields), Ukraine (lost their eastern parts to russia) and so on and so on.

The only country who is not a Muslim country that bought Tb2 is Poland and they just want to have a quick look at it and see if its any good. The rest is just muslim country wanting to show support for fellow muslim products despite it being low quality compared to Western/Chinese products
lmao you mean low quality like chinese drones that were sold to Jordan after using for 1 or 2 years they took it out of service due to being very low quality.

The customers that use Turkish uav’s on the other hand from TB2, Anka to Kizilelma are so much satisfied they always come back to order more.
How many wars did TB-2 Win ? I cound losses in Syria (assad in power), Libya (LNA control the oil/gas fields), Ukraine (lost their eastern parts to russia) and so on and so on.
1. In Libya GNA saved the capital from LNA encirclement/assault in the last moments they effectively used Bayraktar tb2 and Turkish suicide drones wreaking havoc upon the enemy.

2. In operation Idlib the Turkish armed forces eliminated several thousands of assad forces and equipment within a couple of days. More than 100 TB2’s simultaneously attacked and destroyed SAA bandits. This is next level drone warfare there is no country that used uav’s in this way during a war or battle (If you think i’m exaggerating you could search for the footages on youtube to witness the drone festival by yourself.)

3. TB2’s are effectively used for Internal and crossborder security operations against separatist bandits almost everyweek high value targets are eliminated in Turkiye, northern Syria and Northern Iraq thanks to Bayraktar TB2.

4. It was succesfully used in Ukraine, Sierra Leone, Karabakh, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali etc against separatist forces.

Also Romania is planning to buy TB-2 Japan will probably get the TB-3’s for their LHD’s.

That being said ofcourse TB2 is not a superweapon it is just a tactical Armed uav.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom