What's new

Bayraktar TB2's Confirmed Kill List (759 targets - for now)

Drones are definitely the most efficient killing machines.
Cheap to replace and can be sent to suicide missions morally free. The perfect SEAD.
Not just SEAD. Light attack drones + HARM + EW + forward deployed air defence is a new deadly combo with few counters, besides a massive strategic air counterattack.

1 truck full of harpies launches 9 munitions. You need 3-4 F16s to shoot down then all, and it's not far away when a drone can carry at least 1 AA missile.

For a price of one F16, you can buy countless harpy trucks. Even a whole harpy truck likely costs less than one AMRAAM (I heard latest AMRAAM costs $2M).

I know US managed to have hundreds of planes in the air during both Iraq wars. A force on that scale would likely have no problem clearing a "harpy wall" with a concerted long range fire, use massive amount of jamming, and then go after the ground component.

This brings a question how to do drone operations of equally strategic scale to minimise "win by advantage", and how to deny such counter?

We take the subject to unnecessary points and miss the point we need to see. TB-2 or another tactical drone (we are going over TB2 because there is concrete data) how these aircraft, which have a really simple engineering, have now become indispensable tools of land armies and, in parallel, how they are changing today's combat doctrines. We should discuss this.
It's no less than a new page in the history of warfare being written now.

Yes, massive airforce is still a king, but it's a matter of time now of drones becoming more stealthy, and getting A2A — a flying minefield.

It's no less than a new page in the history of warfare being written now.

Yes, massive airforce is still a king, but it's a matter of time now of drones becoming more stealthy, and getting A2A — a flying minefield.

It is already happening I think by 2030s the stealthy unmanned jets will be officially a mainstay

It is already happening I think by 2030s the stealthy unmanned jets will be officially a mainstay
It will come together with 6th gen fighter in the 2030s.
but the spearhead is still fighter jet+stealth bomber.

It will come together with 6th gen fighter in the 2030s.
but the spearhead is still fighter jet+stealth bomber.

having a dog-fight with an unmanned jet would be terrifying for the pilot

having a dog-fight with an unmanned jet would be terrifying for the pilot

Already testing it. Unmanned jet with no human limitations especially G forces, fatigue, eating and drinking, long hours of boredom, etc.

... and so much on "fully indigenous"!
but it is still kills right? many of them are replacing by local components, does it matter for the victim? i think no, so relax and wait for the next scene.

but it is still kills right? many of them are replacing by local components, does it matter for the victim? i think no, so relax and wait for the next scene.

Again, if you want to show the whole picture of a certain system or tell a full story and not only the parts you like, this shall also be included. I never said, the TB2 is a bad system nor anything down-rating its capabilities. I only hate these hyperbolic "it is the best and fully indigenous" and anyone who does not agree is a troll.

It just means Turkey is not as self sufficient as that MM-ME retard says it is.
In case of sanctions Turkish military production will shut down.

Again, if you want to show the whole picture of a certain system or tell a full story and not only the parts you like, this shall also be included. I never said, the TB2 is a bad system nor anything down-rating its capabilities. I only hate these hyperbolic "it is the best and fully indigenous" and anyone who does not agree is a troll.
i am not a fully indigenious man! , you are mixing me with the well known turkish troll, anyway the owner of the company is the son in law of ERDO , so i dont get that propaganda too,

for the engine TEI has a gasoline engine for that class but it is probably more expensive than rotax(sells thousands)
In case of sanctions Turkish military production will shut down.
i disagree with you, even iran buys Rotax for its UAVs, those are the parts you can buy from everywhere , price is low, quality is good, Turkey is now under serious sanctions too

i am not a fully indigenious man! , you are mixing me with the well known turkish troll, anyway the owner of the company is the son in law of ERDO , so i dont get that propaganda too,

for the engine TEI has a gasoline engine for that class but it is probably more expensive than rotax(sells thousands)

i disagree with you, even iran buys Rotax for its UAVs, those are the parts you can buy from everywhere , price is low, quality is good, Turkey is now under serious sanctions too

Pardon, but why do you feel personally offended and I'm surely not confusing/mixing you with that "well known turkish troll", I only wanted to reply as an explanation, why I posted this.

I know, I don't expect Turkey to develop its own engine yet. Israel doesn't develop its own drone engines either.

Those engines are smuggled into Iran.
US/UK sanctions on Turkey would definitely make it harder to assemble a complete drone. Such parts are also harder to smuggle.

I know, I don't expect Turkey to develop its own engine yet. Israel doesn't develop its own drone engines either.

Those engines are smuggled into Iran.
US/UK sanctions on Turkey would definitely make it harder to assemble a complete drone. Such parts are also harder to smuggle.

They are not hard to assemble or self-build either including the engines.. All the new line TB2s are entirely locally assembled hence it has no foreign parts contrary to what some specific individual would like us to believe.. Example a Canadian company was supplying cameras and canada banned them from selling to Turkey guess what happened to that firm it went bankrupt. Their only customer was Turkey

All the new line TB2s are entirely locally assembled hence it has no foreign parts contrary to what some specific individual would like us to believe..
Turks claim they have no foreign parts NOW. But before the recent sanctions,most of the parts were from foreign countries.

Back
Top Bottom