What's new

Asian Cuisine

Have you ever heard of 56 Bhog( Chhappanbhog) where 56 types of dishes are cooked. :enjoy:

09370081.JPG

Have you ever heard of 56 Bhog( Chhappanbhog) where 56 types of dishes are cooked. :enjoy:

09370081.JPG

Of course. When I went to visit Dubai three years ago, there's this Indian restaurant branch there called Chhappan Bhog. Awesome variety.

But in that comment, I was mentioning how dense a Lakhnavi thali is. I never ate such a packed Thali in my life.

Of course. When I went to visit Dubai three years ago, there's this Indian restaurant branch there called Chhappan Bhog. Awesome variety.

But in that comment, I was mentioning how dense a Lakhnavi thali is. I never ate such a packed Thali in my life.

Majority of Thali I have eaten has 4-6 varieties of dishes along with roti-rice.

Holy canoly! That's the densest Thali I have seen! The Thali that I have eaten so far never had more than 5-7 things at a time. :blink:
ya most of the time they only serve you 7-8 things... still some items such as dal makhni missing from this thali. Any thali in West UP is incomplete without Dal Makhni. :)

Indian food from Sikkim!

Momos :D

Momo101.jpg

Tshering22, Momos are very popular in Delhi and UP. I used to thought these are Tibetian dish!!

ya most of the time they only serve you 7-8 things... still some items such as dal makhni missing from this thali. Any thali in West UP is incomplete without Dal Makhni. :)

Tshering22, Momos are very popular in Delhi and UP. I used to thought these are Tibetian dish!!

Actually Tibet and Nepal are not so much different ancestrally from us than they are today due to modern boundaries. Momos come in a lot of varieties; some originate in Tibet, some here.

In fact, momos is somewhat similar to a sweet dish in south India that uses a rice base too. I once had it in Chennai which the Hindu community offers as a prasad to Maharakta (Ganesha to the Hindus). Can't remember the name but it was awesome!

I never knew that barring the non-veg dishes, we and the southies shared so much with each other's cuisine. :D

Apóllōn;3281923 said:
Thanks to you guys for your contribution to make it one of the best thread in PDF..... Food unites us all :)

@Tshering22 I never knew that such a small state in India have so much variety of lovely and tasty dishes.

Sikkim is more diverse than the largest states in the country, buddy. Yet we are the most harmonious without any conflict internally. :)

A lot of north Indians and some south Indians have their businesses here and have settled. We never let them feel out of place. After all, we are one country right? :)

Tang Yuen
picture+of+Tang+Yuen+is+traditional+Chinese+dessert.jpg

Japanese dessert
photo+of+Japanese+dessert+in+bright+colors.jpg

Tapioca pearls Asian dessert
Tapioca+pearls+asian+dessert+photo.jpg

Thai Mix Dessert with coconut milk
image+of+Thai+Mix+Dessert+with+coconut+milk.jpg

Rice pudding
Rice+pudding_Azuki+dessert+picture.jpg

Mango Sticky Rice
Mango+Sticky+Rice_a+great+Thai+desert.jpg

Coconut tapioca pudding with papaya
coconut+tapioca+pudding+with+papaya_Vietnamese+desert.jpg

Strawberries wearing kimono
Strawberries+wearing+kimono_Japanese+dessert.jpg

Nepali food

Daal Bhat tarkari
Dal_Bhat_Tarkari,Nepal.jpg

Sel Roti
16346139.jpg

Jeri (Jalebi)/Zlabia
Jeri-Nepal.jpg

Zlabia.jpg

Kauli (cauliflower curry)
kauli_cauliflower_curry_nep.jpg

Khashi Ya Laa (goat curry)
goat_curry_khashi.jpg

Desserts
newari-dessert.jpg

why do indians and sri lankas etc think they are asian?? lol

they might be in asia, but they are definitely not asian, they are a seperate race altogether.

it is a bit like me saying i am asian because i live in australia. australia is in asia... so i must be asian too like indian and sri lankans?
do u know that australia and aisa are two different continents and people who live in asia are called asians and the thing you are referring to is mongoloids it has more to do with race than with geography??

so russians are asians huh?? because they are in asia, even though they are white lol

i understand what your trying to say... and yes in a sense, it is correct... however it is also wrong.. indians are different to asians such as thai, or khmer, or vietnamese, or chinese... the same as europeans are not the same as africans.. there is big difference... those who bear the same characteristics in a certain region, are of the same race.. therefore asians are thai,cambodians, filippino, korean, chinese, japanese etc

europeans are their own race, they are white... indians, sri lankans, bangladesh, etc places like those are of the same race... american native indians are their own race...
russia is in both asia and europe.it is referred to as "eurasian"
Eurasian Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lets please stick to the topic

andhra cuisine

hyderabadi biryani
DSC02315.JPG

gongura chutney(roselle leaves)
IMG_1417.JPG

avakaya(mango pickle)

avakay+and+scampi+pics+004.JPG

sambar

sambar.jpg