What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

You should take your medicine bro. How are you "invisible" stateless Kurds doing in Iraq after the recent trashing? Still remember your nonsense comments from 2014.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/9-11-the-rothschild-zionist-connection.295272/page-2

Your schizophrenic behavior and division won't work and is not working in real life. We are brothers and sisters and always will be.

Iraqi Arabic music in the background. I don't recognize this particular dance. It looks like some made up dance for the fun of it. Clips from series (TV series). Not a traditional dance. You should remember that there are 1000's of dances just in historical regions within each Arab country. Each clan, tribe, city, village, town etc. (historically) used to have their own dances, traditions, folklore etc. Our folklore is very rich due to this reason.

Many of those dances are shared across the borders.

A few examples;

Exact same hair dance is found in neighboring Iraq and Sham.

Another dance found in those regions;

Read the descriptions of the two videos and comments.

Not to forget the famous dabke (native to Sham and Northern KSA):

2.3 million views.

2.8 million views (lol)

BTW it is beautiful. Thank you.

BTW it is beautiful. Thank you.

BTW I did not know that Iranian women wore something that UAE Bedouin women were/some old are wearing today;

I think they wear it in Bandar Abbas and areas of Southern Iran

This "Iranian" uploader (I think) claims that she is Arab but the music is Iranian and the car (Peugeot) is typical of Iran.

I think it is an Iranian woman. Comments of people think the same.

Uploaded by

Irshaddervesh ichuz

The dress is very nice. Reminds of traditional dresses of Eastern Arabia.

BTW I have been a bit interested in South Khorasan province and the small minority of Khorasani Arabs.

What can you tell me about South Khorasan province?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Khorasan_Province

I think that it is a "forgotten" province. Is there an Iranian user from South Khorasan here?

What I am talking about is called a "batula". It's worn in Eastern Arabia and Southern Iran.

https://en.vogue.me/beauty/oman-batoola-face-covering/

The Iranian girl in that car, she wears the same. Just other version.

Bedouin woman in Abu Dhabi in the 1960s - very different to the Western clothes of

Yemen:

tumblr_m46q59OSIJ1qdx2guo1_500.jpg

Oman:

Never mind I find an article about this. Can't post the photos due to BBC copyright.

The mysterious masked women of Iran
By Rodolfo Contreras 10 January 2017

The face mask worn by many Bandari women is probably the most striking of all their unusual attire.

http://www.bbc.com/travel/gallery/20170106-the-mysterious-masked-women-of-iran

Very beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW I did not know that Iranian women wore something that UAE Bedouin women were/some old are wearing today;

This "Iranian" uploader (I think) claims that she is Arab but the music is Iranian and the car (Peugeot) is typical of Iran.

Uploaded by

Irshaddervesh ichuz

BTW I have been a bit interested in South Khorasan province and the small minority of Khorasani Arabs.

I think that it is a "forgotten" province. Is there an Iranian user from South Khorasan here?

What I am talking about is called a "batula". It's worn in Eastern Arabia and Southern Iran.

Bedouin woman in Abu Dhabi in the 1960s - very different to the Western clothes of

Yemen:

Oman:

Never mind I find an article about this. Can't post the photos due to BBC copyright.

The face mask worn by many Bandari women is probably the most striking of all their unusual attire.

Very beautiful.

yes they wear this mask in bandar abbas

Uploaded by

Irshaddervesh ichuz

Yemen:

Oman:

Very beautiful.

Yes the song in clip is Farsi .

What's the point of this mask ?
I mean seriously , you can see everything expect the nose under it:rolleyes: .
There is a solution for nose problem called nose surgery . I think in past 1000's years our ladies had serious problems with their noses :undecided: so they came up with idea to cover whole face expect eyes :D

There is a solution for nose problem called nose surgery . I think in past 1000's years our ladies had serious problems with their noses :undecided: so they came up with idea to cover whole face expect eyes :D
Its reminder of Portuguese presence in southern Iran .they wore it to distort the beauty of their face . if you look at it it looks like mustache and beard .

That's being too kind brother. I told you this in the past as well.

Hardly, my friend. I don't think there are any who would disagree, even the haters. When something is clear as day, it's impossible to say otherwise.

Quite a few other excellent Arab members I personally enjoy reading their posts ( @Falcon29 & @HannibalBarca ) because they bring intelligent -- and more often than not -- objective views that are worthy of reading.

It’s all lies...nothing is factual...but the Sawt el Arab, like you , relishes in manure...

And then....we have the complete opposite. smh.

Uploaded by

Irshaddervesh ichuz

Yemen:

Oman:

Very beautiful.
Another video Iranian women dancing:

womem can drive in Iran I hope in Saudi they can do too soon.
@skyshadow @Hack-Hook

yes they wear this mask in bandar abbas

Yes, I learned this after reading the BBC article and it came as a surprise to me but knowing the shared history and geographic proximity, I was not too surprised. But initially you become surprised of course.

Do they only wear it in Bandar Abbas in Southern Iran? BTW it is mostly worn in Oman and UAE in the Arabian Peninsula.

Yes, this is what I wrote. Even the comments said it and you could hear it easily as an Arab, lol. Also the Peugeot gave it away.;)

I think it is actually quite cute and another word that I better not mention here.:D

I do not understand why. Most do not have big noses at all but aquiline noses. What is next? Making their eyes smaller when they are famous for their big beautiful eyes (IMO)?

Also I do not like coloring fake hair colors (blonde etc.). It looks so stupid IMO. Each to her own though who am I to touch? Women have more rights in the world today than what the once had after all.:D

Its reminder of Portuguese presence in southern Iran .they wore it to distort the beauty of their face . if you look at it it looks like mustache and beard .

LOL, that would make sense since the Portuguese had a significant presence in Oman and UAE. It indeed looks like that. But are you sure it is Portuguese and where there Portuguese women in the region back then? Was it not mostly men? Or you meant locals. That would make sense back then. Do you have a source of this my friend either in English, Arabic or Farsi? Anything will do.

@Sharif al-Hijaz

Ignore those trolls, believe me it's not worth your energy. There are some weird racists delusional people out there. :)

I was guilty myself of heavily trolling that thread. I am down with a flue and really wanted to pass the time (can't concentrate on doing any serious long-term reading or watching anything seriously, so I am all over the place online). I was looking for a ban to take me out of my current misery.:D If I read that conversation tomorrow or a few days latter I will probably cringe.

Yes, some of these are genuine (maybe not sure), while I trolled a bit and replied in a similar manner but that does of course not mean that I have a problem with Serbs of all people (LOL) or Russians. However what I wrote about Russia's role in her neighborhood and what her regimes have been doing, I stand by with. Those are simple historical facts. Like it or dislike it. Same with my opinion about the Al-Assad regime and Israel. I am not a fan of both due to their politics. Nothing else. It's not like I hate all Israelis personally or Al-Assad supporters. I might like everything about them BUT their politics. Sometimes it is better not to be outspoken and don't say anything.

Hardly, my friend. I don't think there are any who would disagree, even the haters. When something is clear as day, it's impossible to say otherwise.

Quite a few other excellent Arab members I personally enjoy reading their posts ( @Falcon29 & @HannibalBarca ) because they bring intelligent -- and more often than not -- objective views that are worthy of reading.

And then....we have the complete opposite. smh.

Being way too kind. Heard it before, admittedly a few times as well, but as long as I am sucked into troll discussions, I am nowhere near you @The SC @Frogman @Bubblegum Crisis etc. My age is an excuse but soon it will no longer be. I shall control myself better in particular if I turn pink.:lol: Yes, I agree. Although disagreeing with @HannibalBarca on certain fronts, I do respect him and I am happy that he has joined and that more Tunisian brothers have joined such as @Hamilcar (newest one) and others.

Another video Iranian women dancing:

womem can drive in Iran I hope in Saudi they can do too soon.
@skyshadow @Hack-Hook

Yes, what had occurred in KSA since the early 1990's and until recently, was a disgrace (quite frankly) and that idiotic 25 year old ban was never supported by the majority. It was a burden economically, culturally and religiously (gave a bad picture as every progress was answered with "but women in KSA can still not drive" and then you thought, "for God's sake, they are right!").

They will from June this year, lol. Once again. After a too long break. Before that most did not drive either due to different times. Nowadays it is expect that at least 80% will drive regularly. After all you cannot force all women to drive either just like you should not force them not to drive.

@Sharif al-Hijaz

That tweet you mentioned me , was a little bit old and stupid :lol:

@AmirPatriot
I'm fine bro but mr hasani trapped us here :lock::argh:

There has been a lot of nonsense trolling lately, including from my part (in particular, 90% of which is not serious) so I lost track of it all. Basically what I was trying to say to our Pakistanis brothers is that reality and forums often are two very different things. As an example I mentioned Arab-Iranian relations in the GCC an Iraq (the neighboring Arab areas) and for instance the fact that the largest Iranian diaspora in the world outside of the US is based in the GCC (even during the proxy war and that nobody is attacked) while at he same time mentioning the close ties between Arabia and Southern Iran next door.

Yes, I learned this after reading the BBC article and it came as a surprise to me but knowing the shared history and geographic proximity, I was not too surprised. But initially you become surprised of course.

Do they only wear it in Bandar Abbas in Southern Iran? BTW it is mostly worn in Oman and UAE in the Arabian Peninsula.

Yes, this is what I wrote. Even the comments said it and you could hear it easily as an Arab, lol. Also the Peugeot gave it away.;)

I think it is actually quite cute and another word that I better not mention here.:D

I do not understand why. Most do not have big noses at all but aquiline noses. What is next? Making their eyes smaller when they are famous for their big beautiful eyes (IMO)?

Also I do not like coloring fake hair colors (blonde etc.). It looks so stupid IMO. Each to her own though who am I to touch? Women have more rights in the world today than what the once had after all.:D

LOL, that would make sense since the Portuguese had a significant presence in Oman and UAE. It indeed looks like that. But are you sure it is Portuguese and where there Portuguese women in the region back then? Was it not mostly men? Or you meant locals. That would make sense back then. Do you have a source of this my friend either in English, Arabic or Farsi? Anything will do.

I was guilty myself of heavily trolling that thread. I am down with a flue and really wanted to pass the time (can't concentrate on doing any serious long-term reading or watching anything seriously, so I am all over the place online). I was looking for a ban to take me out of my current misery.:D If I read that conversation tomorrow or a few days latter I will probably cringe.

Yes, some of these are genuine (maybe not sure), while I trolled a bit and replied in a similar manner but that does of course not mean that I have a problem with Serbs of all people (LOL) or Russians. However what I wrote about Russia's role in her neighborhood and what her regimes have been doing, I stand by with. Those are simple historical facts. Like it or dislike it. Same with my opinion about the Al-Assad regime and Israel. I am not a fan of both due to their politics. Nothing else. It's not like I hate all Israelis personally or Al-Assad supporters. I might like everything about them BUT their politics. Sometimes it is better not to be outspoken and don't say anything.

Being way too kind. Heard it before, admittedly a few times as well, but as long as I am sucked into troll discussions, I am nowhere near you @The SC @Frogman @Bubblegum Crisis etc. My age is an excuse but soon it will no longer be. I shall control myself better in particular if I turn pink.:lol: Yes, I agree. Although disagreeing with @HannibalBarca on certain fronts, I do respect him and I am happy that he has joined and that more Tunisian brothers have joined such as @Hamilcar (newest one) and others.

Yes, what had occurred in KSA since the early 1990's and until recently, was a disgrace (quite frankly) and that idiotic 25 year old ban was never supported by the majority. It was a burden economically, culturally and religiously (gave a bad picture as every progress was answered with "but women in KSA can still not drive" and then you thought, "for God's sake, they are right!").

They will from June this year, lol. Once again. After a too long break. Before that most did not drive either due to different times. Nowadays it is expect that at least 80% will drive regularly. After all you cannot force all women to drive either just like you should not force them not to drive.

There has been a lot of nonsense trolling lately, including from my part (in particular, 90% of which is not serious) so I lost track of it all. Basically what I was trying to say to our Pakistanis brothers is that reality and forums often are two very different things. As an example I mentioned Arab-Iranian relations in the GCC an Iraq (the neighboring Arab areas) and for instance the fact that the largest Iranian diaspora in the world outside of the US is based in the GCC (even during the proxy war and that nobody is attacked) while at he same time mentioning the close ties between Arabia and Southern Iran next door.
It's not originated from Portuguese the locals made the mask to ward themselves from Portuguese sailors and soldiers who had no access to women for long period of times at the beginning the designs were simple but you knew its women and so it didn't take them long to make a competition between themselves whose mask is more elaborate

About the origin of it its very hard to find any concrete data on the origin of it what I said comes from a documentary on tv about the people of hormozgan .

It's not originated from Portuguese the locals made the mask to ward themselves from Portuguese sailors and soldiers who had no access to women for long period of times at the beginning the designs were simple but you knew its women and so it didn't take them long to make a competition between themselves whose mask is more elaborate

About the origin of it its very hard to find any concrete data on the origin of it what I said comes from a documentary on tv about the people of hormozgan .

:rofl:

That explains it well. Actually while it looks funny, and the history behind it is even funnier, I think it is quite unique. It adds added mystery to the woman and it fits some on the photos I have googled.:cheesy:

Probably the story is the same in Arabia. Would have to read about it but for sure it has something to do with that period of history and Portuguese presence.

BTW @Hack-Hook you know Iranian history fairly well from what I believe, what can you tell about Southern Khorasan province? Anything unique cuisine or folklore wise? What are the people there famous for and is it truth that the Khorasani Arabs as they are called live in that province? How have they survived for all those years?

:rofl:

That explains it well. Actually while it looks funny, and the history behind it is even funnier, I think it is quite unique. It adds added mystery to the woman and it fits some on the photos I have googled.:cheesy:

Probably the story is the same in Arabia. Would have to read about it but for sure it has something to do with that period of history and Portuguese presence.

BTW @Hack-Hook you know Iranian history fairly well from what I believe, what can you tell about Southern Khorasan province? Anything unique cuisine or folklore wise? What are the people there famous for and is it truth that the Khorasani Arabs as they are called live in that province? How have they survived for all those years?
You knew if you search bathula you see its not that old in that region several century at most (I mean its widespread use I can't say for sure if it were not used by nomading tribes. Before that)

About southern khorasan what I can say its just the forgotten province of Iran you barely hear much from it . but what I can say is that mythically south khurasan and north of sustain and baluchistan and western part of Afghanistan is the area that Iran mythical hero and symbol of strength in Persian literature was originated and rulled.but It was not always like this it alwaus one of the refuge for the people who escaped the tyrany of filling dynasties if I'm not wrong the Zoroastrian and some Arab tribes that had different political view with rulling abbaside dynasty many times choose there for refuge.
It was also places were first Iranian dynasties after Islam took places . by the way in old times the area was called Quhistan. About south khorasan I can also say it has beautiful desert specially at nights .
About its cuisines well they are not to my taste ,but let be honest I didn't taste them I just don't like their looks
17194990851469757481.jpg

ghoroot.jpg

ash-naranj.jpg

abgoosht_khong.jpg

kadoo_1.jpg

12-6-17-12311320.gif

1__hamgardi_Getimg.jpg

1__hamgardi_1439812995balgur-pilov-polo-balgur.jpg

hey guys , is any Arab member from 2011 to 2013 still active in the forum ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom