What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Mine was the original xbox, then the Ps3. Then it ended too.I liked fighting games at first, then racing then shooting. Now I just stopped playing, it requires much time and it's impossible with college. Like you said, once I'm done with school I might play again. :D

When I become a father I will buy lots of technology and get a pick up truck plus a gun collection. Social life has become awkward. It's a effing fest basically, lol. Everyones goal in life is to eff the next girl he sees whether at house party, club, normal hangout.

I can spot the difference between my generation and that of my nephews already. It seems that they are developed lesser socially and spiritually. I don't know how to explain it. I believe that this is a problem.:)

Technology should be used in a constructive way and with certain limits. Sometimes it's get too much. I mean it seems like privacy is a thing of the past nowadays.

I often wonder how the world will look like when we grow old if we live that long.:)

I can spot the difference between my generation and that of my nephews already. It seems that they are developed lesser socially and spiritually. I don't know how to explain it. I believe that this is a problem.:)

Technology should be used in a constructive way and with certain limits. Sometimes it's get too much. I mean it seems like privacy is a thing of the past nowadays.

I often wonder how the world will look like when we grow old if we live that long.:)

I don't think it can get worse than this. But, like you said, the privacy part will become less and less important as life goes on. Right now, in theprivate all kinds of things happen regarding sexual reproduction and too much experimenting. :lol:

I really don't get life anymore, for most people it is like I described but with school/work added on to it. :)

Except us bastard uncivliized Muslims. We're just busy eating meat/other foods. :D

I don't think it can get worse than this. But, like you said, the privacy part will become less and less important as life goes on. Right now, in theprivate all kinds of things happen regarding sexual reproduction and too much experimenting. :lol:

I really don't get life anymore, for most people it is like I described but with school/work added on to it. :)

Except us bastard uncivliized Muslims. We're just busy eating meat/other foods. :D

Sometimes I get this strong urge of just leaving it all and settling in some faraway mountain village in Hijaz or Southern KSA (or even Yemen) or somewhere in the desert for a few months. In KSA it's quite popular for youngsters and people in general to leave the city life and return to the nature during weekends for camping etc.. I think that it is something that most Arabs have especially us from the Arabian Peninsula. An natural attachment to nature and the surroundings. When you observe poetry, architecture etc. of Arab rulers in Al-Andalus (that was 1300 years ago at the earliest) you will notice that their palaces/castles/houses were always built (or very often - aside from those strategic ones on mountain hills etc.) in open space or in the middle of the nature. Either on wide fields or in the mountains or around palm grooves, forests etc.

Something that I am for some reason also drawn to are olive fields which there are many of in Northern KSA and which is also very typical of the Palestinian landscape as you know. I have the same feeling with palm trees. Hard to explain. I just feel at home and at ease when I am around that kind of nature. Away from the concrete jungle that is a modern city in the year 2014.:)

A home has always had a distinct meaning in the Arab world too. It was often something moveable while that is not the case anymore.

What is more amazing is the sky in deserts/steppes or in the mountains. I honestly believe that the "skyline" on the Arabian Peninsula is one of the best in the world due to the nature and open spaces. Especially at night.

Sometimes I get this strong urge of just leaving it all and settling in some faraway mountain village in Hijaz or Southern KSA (or even Yemen) or somewhere in the desert for a few months. In KSA it's quite popular for youngsters and people in general to leave the city life and return to the nature during weekends for camping etc.. I think that it is something that most Arabs have especially us from the Arabian Peninsula. An natural attachment to nature and the surroundings. When you observe poetry, architecture etc. of Arab rulers in Al-Andalus (that was 1300 years ago at the earliest) you will notice that their palaces/castles/houses were always built (or very often - aside from those strategic ones on mountain hills etc.) in open space or in the middle of the nature. Either on wide fields or in the mountains or around palm grooves, forests etc.

Something that I am for some reason also drawn to are olive fields which there are many of in Northern KSA and which is also very typical of the Palestinian landscape as you know. I have the same feeling with palm trees. Hard to explain. I just feel at home and at ease when I am around that kind of nature. Away from the concrete jungle that is a modern city in the year 2014.:)

Same here. We are stuck in the West though since we already adapted to educational system and our parents want us to get jobs here.

LOL, it sucks for me because even if I choose to move to Palestine I would be entering a difficult life. For you I'm not sure how it is. I know people who study in KSA they say it's good. Although they preferred family friends/life here.

I can get along anywhere though. It's funny because my family dislikes being in Gaza although I love it and don't mind the lack of some stuff. It's not viable though.

Same here. We are stuck in the West though since we already adapted to educational system and our parents want us to get jobs here.

LOL, it sucks for me because even if I choose to move to Palestine I would be entering a difficult life. For you I'm not sure how it is. I know people who study in KSA they say it's good. Although they preferred family friends/life here.

I can get along anywhere though. It's funny because my family dislikes being in Gaza although I love it and don't mind the lack of some stuff. It's not viable though.

Palestine is not comparable to KSA for obvious reasons let alone Gaza. Unfortunately when they should not be any different. I have never been to Gaza so I do not know how it is but obviously war zones or heavily sanctioned areas like Gaza is not a ideal place to grow up in even though you might be very attached to that land and consider it your homeland.

I mean what I described can even happen in Europe too although there are honestly not many secluded wild areas here. There is more of such stuff in the US were you have many areas that are forested areas, deserts, mountains, open fields etc. It's not like I have any wish to live like some bum (or what it is called in English) but rather more in harmony with nature. At least try it for a few months. I think that this urge is something basic in all of us.:)

Enough of bullshitting. Time to hit the bed.:lol: I got a long day tomorrow - at the beach!:lol:;)

@Hazzy997

I thought about something here a few seconds ago. How big is the Palestinian community in the US and can I ask if they are generally successful in terms of business as many other Arab groups tend to be abroad - at least the non-war refugees?

I think that the Palestinian traditional dresses are really nice.

I really think that traditional Palestinian clothing (both men and female) could become a success commercially (if adjusted into the current fashion traits) let alone Palestinian olives, cheeses etc. Hell, even the Christian Palestinians can make their Arak more commercial for the non-Muslim market.:lol:

I am just speculating. Nothing big.

Last edited:
@al-Hasani

Pretty big actually. Along with Lebanese/Iraqi. Lebanese/Palestinian are largest two. We also have many Yemeni's in other areas. Palestinians/Lebanese own almost every sweets store here. There are many products that come from both places. Most do business and are entrepreneurs. Lots of investing.

We also have a large portion of doctors/engineers. Iraqi's/Lebanese own most of the Arab restaurants here.

@al-Hasani

Pretty big actually. Along with Lebanese/Iraqi. Lebanese/Palestinian are largest two. We also have many Yemeni's in other areas. Palestinians/Lebanese own almost every sweets store here. There are many products that come from both places. Most do business and are entrepreneurs. Lots of investing.

We also have a large portion of doctors/engineers. Iraqi's/Lebanese own most of the Arab restaurants here.

That's very encouraging to hear. I am very happy when I see that second-generation Arabs in France, Denmark and elsewhere in Europe (especially females) are found to be even more educated than the "locals" there and this is great news that one can built on. I hope that the local Palestinian etc. communities in Michigan and elsewhere in the US emphasize those values too. This is crucial.

Anyway Arabs and business/trade are synonyms so I am not surprised to see this being the case in Michigan too. We see it everywhere from Brazil to Indonesia.:lol:;)

More Farsi diarrhea. Facts are facts and whether you like them or not is not my problem so keep crying.

Stick to your troll/double user/low IQ/Fake wannabe Arab Mullah propaganda infested section. We don't want your likes here.

Enjoying life here in Cannes and the great weather. Other than this - not that much. Going to watch Athletic Bilbao-Napoli right now. Champions League qualification. Second leg.

What about you? Can you show me some Haitian music?:)

Here is a catchy song by a Haitian guy the beat of this song is middle eastern.

No I didn't hear about that. Guardians of the Galaxy was interesting to me but the storyline was odd. It was all about that magic ball. I like creative storylines, like Inception. Yes I did hear of it, it is over now and everyone is happy and went celebrating.

Fall Out 3? On console or PC? I have heard of it but don't play games anymore. The latest game I played was 'Quizup' on my smartphone. :D

@al-Hasani @Mugwop

We should quiz each other.

I don't have a new console either. :)

@al-Hasani

stole my xbox one :D
Console. I play console games not PC much. War Thunder is a PC game and looks awesome. :-(

@Mugwop

That is interesting that you're a gamer. I remember gaming took stress off pretty well. Now in college gaming can't make up for the stress chemistry gives me. :lol:

I personally have a Ps3 console which I don't use. Last game I bought was BF4 and it froze on me every 25 min so I just gave up. Although I may purchase some good story mode games. Have you played any unique good games? I remember when Skyrim came out everyone was telling to buy it.

A friend gave me a copy of oblivion and I couldn't get past the tutorial. :lol:

Those games are too time taking and complicated. If you have a ps3 I'll add you on psn.

I just ate at a Lebanese restaurant here in Cannes not far away from the InterContinental Carlton Cannes Hotel and the owner was obviously a Lebanese and to my great surprise after we started talking with him (had a long talk) it turned out that he worked in Riyadh half of the year in the construction sector with local Saudi Arabian partners. He was doing pretty good financially and worked together with the Saudi Binladin Group among others. He was a man in his early 60's I believe and he has been working in KSA since the early 1980's. Initially in Khobar where he came under the "protection" of a local Sheikh that treated him as a son. Not to my surprise the restaurant was full of fellow Arabs from the GCC (mostly KSA) but we did not get the opportunity to talk with them for too long as the restaurant was closing. Looking at the personal/guests I would think that I was back in the GCC . This feeling was magnified outside the InterContinental Carlton Cannes Hotel were I not only saw luxury cars with Saudi Arabian number plates but various tourists (my age once again) from Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE etc.

Only Russians seems to be rivaling us. It was a surreal feeling on a Thursday night and I can't stop thinking what the locals might think.:lol:

Arab supercar tour continues to Cannes | Mail Online

@Halimi

The Lebanese community in France is pretty strong and numerous. Mostly Christian though. The owner was a very friendly guy. Such a surprise/coincidence that he works half of the year in Riyadh and that he has been based in KSA since the 1980's. He told me that his paternal grandfather was an Armenian and then I recalled that the Armenian community in Lebanon is pretty significant. Great guy though and we discussed politics too.

@al-Hasani

I want to ask you something..... How is Qatar being viewed from KSA... how is your relation with Qatar....are you friends, rivals, enemies ??

I begin to see this "Qatar and Turkey" thing in many articles.... but i don't know what to make out of it... I don't know Qatar much... and i don't know what are we doing/plotting with them.

Can you eloborate if you have knowledge about this issue ?

@al-Hasani

I want to ask you something..... How is Qatar being viewed from KSA... how is your relation with Qatar....are you friends, rivals, enemies ??

I begin to see this "Qatar and Turkey" thing in many articles.... but i don't know what to make out of it... I don't know Qatar much... and i don't know what are we doing/plotting with them.

Can you eloborate if you have knowledge about this issue ?

Well of course. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them. Others might too I guess.

Well how is it being viewed? Well historically it has been viewed as a small nearby peninsula next to the Eastern Province whose living evolved around pearls, fishery and trade. The locals being fellow Arabians mostly originating from either Eastern Arabia or Najd.

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Being ruled by the Al-Thani family.

The relations are pretty complicated and changing. De jure we are part of the same union (GCC) and close on many fronts on the other hand there are quite significant gaps politically or at least were until recently. Human relations are fine so no problem there.

What you are basically looking for is Qatar's relation with the MB and Turkey's too. From what I understand and gather then Qatar made a deal with the MB to support them politically and economically, host their leaders etc. in return of the MB not causing trouble in Qatar and not criticizing them. I think that Erdogan too is allied with MB-like parties across the Arab world and Muslim world but I am not sure about that. Other than that then I think that the relations are just purely economical. Qatar is a pretty rich nation to put it mildly and probably the most influential one compared to its population and size in general.

Turkey, Qatar strengthen economic ties - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Turkey and Qatar: A fruitful relationship - The Edge

Turkey – Qatar axis in the Middle East politics | Turkey Agenda

The last article seems pretty accurate although I have only read the headline.

I think that this relation can be summed down to 3 important points.

1) Fellow political interests.

2) In general a positive view of MB and MB-like groups in the Arab and Muslim world.

3) Increasing economic ties.

But what really is happening behind closed doors we cannot know.

@al-Hasani

We have to more gain supporting each other. The events in Egypt affect this. But, in the future I believe we will all get past these meaningless divisions.

@al-Hasani

We have to more gain supporting each other. The events in Egypt affect this. But, in the future I believe we will all get past these meaningless divisions.

I have not criticized the MB anywhere and I respect people that support them although I don't agree with the MB fully myself. I just answered @Sinan 's question and wrote what I believe is taking place between Qatar and Turkey and why and then I linked to 3 different articles from 3 different pages that talk about similar issues and others.

To tell you honestly then I don't have any allegiance to any political party/movement in the ME as all of them (at least the majority) are, with all due respect, trash and incompetent clowns by large. All I care about is whether KSA is moving forward or not and the Arab world as a whole. No matter who rules it. I don't have any power anyway.

There are certain things that I would like to see improved, some political changes, a better leadership etc. (what we have discussed thousands of times) but I don't have any allegiance to any particular political party, rulers etc.

I agree that all those silly political differences are causing more problems than anything and makes people forget what it is all about. Which is improving the life's of ordinary people and moving country x or y forward on all important fronts.

Well of course. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them. Others might too I guess.

Well how is it being viewed? Well historically it has been viewed as a small nearby peninsula next to the Eastern Province whose living evolved around pearls, fishery and trade. The locals being fellow Arabians mostly originating from either Eastern Arabia or Najd.

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Being ruled by the Al-Thani family.

The relations are pretty complicated and changing. De jure we are part of the same union (GCC) and close on many fronts on the other hand there are quite significant gaps politically or at least were until recently. Human relations are fine so no problem there.

What you are basically looking for is Qatar's relation with the MB and Turkey's too. From what I understand and gather then Qatar made a deal with the MB to support them politically and economically, host their leaders etc. in return of the MB not causing trouble in Qatar and not criticizing them. I think that Erdogan too is allied with MB-like parties across the Arab world and Muslim world but I am not sure about that. Other than that then I think that the relations are just purely economical. Qatar is a pretty rich nation to put it mildly and probably the most influential one compared to its population and size in general.

Turkey, Qatar strengthen economic ties - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Turkey and Qatar: A fruitful relationship - The Edge

Turkey – Qatar axis in the Middle East politics | Turkey Agenda

The last article seems pretty accurate although I have only read the headline.

I think that this relation can be summed down to 3 important points.

1) Fellow political interests.

2) In general a positive view of MB and MB-like groups in the Arab and Muslim world.

3) Increasing economic ties.

But what really is happening behind closed doors we cannot know.

Hmm.... i would understand political alignment on MB issues....

But what i don't understand is.... how Qatari Emir can take the next seat to Erdogan in the presidency reception.
2014-08-28-devirteslim-63-yemek.jpg

There were 15 presidents and even more Prime ministers in that reception.... but Qatari Emir... sitting next to Erdoğan.. it's pretty interesting.

After the Justice and Development Party (AKP) resoundingly won the March 30 local elections, Qatari Investment Authority officials met with Turkey’s privatization agency officials with the intent of investing $20 billion in Turkey. The Qataris are interested in Derince port, Yatagan Thermal Power Station, Afsin-Elbistan Thermal Power Station and valuable lands in Istanbul.

“We appreciate that Qatar is supporting the Free Trade Agreement between the GCC countries and Turkey, though it is not finalised yet,” -

We single handly export over $20 Billion to Iraq and we can still act against their interests.... whereas our exports to Qatar not even 1$ Billion...

There is something else... i'm asking everybody, reading articles as much as i can find.... but i can't find a decent answer, not even a rumour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom